minority report computers on a very near horizlon

iloveboxcars

thank you microsoft kinect.

this is so exciting.

it is only a matter of a small amount of time that similar technology is mass produced for use one a general use computer. Basically, fuck a touch screen, a virtual keyboard on your display that you can interact with? hell yes.

Fucking awesome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've always envisioned (okay, for the past couple years anyway) a device along the lines of a very small form factor computer (think cigarette pack size) with an HD projector for the display in the front and a laser keyboard/trackpad projector in the rear. No moving parts or hinges, adjustable display/interface, highly portable....all the tech to make it exists, it's just a matter of putting it all together in one package.

bro,fuck you, I've been saying this since Project Natal first came out. I never even thought of it outside of workout games and, more importantly to me, Minority Report applications.

To any one of you motherfuckers who just thought that this came down to some PC applications just now - you're a lot slower than me, a huge retard.

Didn't view links.

bro,fuck you, I've been saying this since Project Natal first came out. I never even thought of it outside of workout games and, more importantly to me, Minority Report applications.

To any one of you motherfuckers who just thought that this came down to some PC applications just now - you're a lot slower than me, a huge retard.

Didn't view links.

wait... you're angry at me for posting a link about this?

A few months ago I got to visit Oblong Industries, the guys who designed the actual Minority Report interface, and play around with the g-speak interface. It was completely badass, but like they described it, it was a virtuosic interface, meaning it takes time to master and should be played with the skill needed to play a musical instrument, "performed", if you will.

And yet that thing costs tens of thousands of dollars, and now MS obliterated the playing field with this $150 accessory anyone can use. Way laggier and less precise, but still extremely versatile and accessible.

My company just purchased a few and we're currently in the lab playing with all sorts of stuff and its really exciting. Lots of crazy stuff coming up due to this device for sure.

A few months ago I got to visit Oblong Industries, the guys who designed the actual Minority Report interface, and play around with the g-speak interface. It was completely badass, but like they described it, it was a virtuosic interface, meaning it takes time to master and should be played with the skill needed to play a musical instrument, "performed", if you will.

And yet that thing costs tens of thousands of dollars, and now MS obliterated the playing field with this $150 accessory anyone can use. Way laggier and less precise, but still extremely versatile and accessible.

My company just purchased a few and we're currently in the lab playing with all sorts of stuff and its really exciting. Lots of crazy stuff coming up due to this device for sure.