THE NACE BOOK

hbg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sodapop7
Originally posted by crisis

so 15% said there shouldn't be a nace book...lets see the justification for their opinions.

screw their jusifications...they can hate all they want ..it's getting done............save the trash talking,and negative garbage for another thread...thank you

i didnt even bother to read all of the thread so excuse me if someone already posted this. scribble just did an issue dedicated to nace. the cover is done by him and i think there are 6 pages of nace stuff. its pretty fly.

-cdz

Originally posted by cdz

i didnt even bother to read all of the thread so excuse me if someone already posted this. scribble just did an issue dedicated to nace. the cover is done by him and i think there are 6 pages of nace stuff. its pretty fly.

-cdz

yea i got that issue too, its got some good flix of nace's work and some dedications from his crew. there should be a book though.

• 2 weeks later...

not shit talking or anything-

a book like this wouldnt interest everyone- thats maybe why they voted no there shouldnt be one?

i wouldnt read the dondi one....thats for sure- and if i were a friend, it might be different, but then id have memories and wouldnt need a book <shrug> just my feelings-

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CountRockula

alright, im not dissing nace here, and i know this does not apply to all of you but...

GET OFF OF NACE'S DICK

this shit pisses mer off more than you will ever know. some of you fools only like nace because hes dead. i know theres some of you cats that didnt even know nace existed until an r.i.p. popped up on a message board, so dont think your all cool for jocking him.

the book is another story. i can't say i like it, but it could be a good idea, i guess. but then again why not write books for all of the other countless writers that are dead? unless the money made off the book would go to some cause or charity, that would be some hard core commercialization.

dont get me wrong nace was dope, but so was dream, sope and a grip of others.

Guest eessee

i'll buy it if theres one.. but that would be a thick book like a dictionary and how much would it be i know heads would be racking it... i'm down with it you got my vote.:D

• 5 months later...

ok really this is bullshit i cant belive heads on here are tryign to say this is commercialization of nace its a fuckin book you know how many books have been made that barely anyone reads ever? the only people who would pick up this book are the people who know of him wether they found out about him after he died is no different they still like his work and thats what graffiti is about the fuckin work, grow up kids if you have ever lost someone you love its hard as fuck, then one night your sitting around with a couple friends that knew him/her and you just go on and on for hours about all the good times you had , a book would bring everyone near or far to the fond memories of nace and the people who loved him, i knew about nace awhile before his death and when i heard about it i was fuckin confused as to why someone so great could go like that but truely hes gone but not forgotten this book could just be a way of ensuring that the memories of him live on forever , even if it is just with the people who knew him they still can look back and remember all of it, RIP Nace and all the other heads who put in countless hours to make our petty lives bright and have a glimer of happiness if just for a moment

• 2 months later...
Guest Sports Bra#1

first of all saying that nace dosent deserve a book because dream or sk8 or any other fallen writers didnt get one is absurd. in fact i wont even dignify that with a response.

for those of us who actually look at graffiti and do graffiti nace was a powerhouse, a pioneer and a style master. i didnt know nace but i followed his carrer on the freights since he was painting with kaws.

so if some people never heard of him because all they do is lurk on the internet and never experience graffiti in real life, dosent mean homie wasnt a king. he was a king before he died and he is still a king. day in and day out week in and week out etc. etc. i see nace shit running. motherfuckers that dont know shit about freights and the shit he killed in his hometown obviously never heard of nace until they logged on-but whatever, its your loss.

i think the book is a great idea and i think nace is an icon in the freight game, and deserves a book-not to downplay dream or sk8 or whoever, but hell, if their homies came on here asking about the idea i would love to see a book on all falen writers.

like i sed i got fliks of naces shit from when he was just getting started up until this year and i am still catching him regurlarly. i would gladly contribute any fliks to an undertaking of this magnitude, all you gotta do is get in touch.

one good idea for the book would be to have a section where people who never met nace or didnt know anything about him , just knew of his his work comment. just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by IRONMAN

HAVE ZEPHYR DO IT, LIKE HE DID FOR DONDI, AND HAVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS FR8S IN IT FROM THE EARLY DAYS TO THE END, AND HAVE HIS FRIENDS SIT DO WN AND PUT THEM IN ORDER,THAT SHIT WOULD BE SO FRESH,

man, i feel really sorry for zephyr....id hate to think this was going to be his role in graffiti....rest in peace books for his friends..

but having a book with all of his freights in it would be a cool idea...

Originally posted by CountRockula

alright, im not dissing nace here, and i know this does not apply to all of you but...

GET OFF OF NACE'S DICK

this shit pisses mer off more than you will ever know. some of you fools only like nace because hes dead. i know theres some of you cats that didnt even know nace existed until an r.i.p. popped up on a message board, so dont think your all cool for jocking him.

the book is another story. i can't say i like it, but it could be a good idea, i guess. but then again why not write books for all of the other countless writers that are dead? unless the money made off the book would go to some cause or charity, that would be some hard core commercialization.

dont get me wrong nace was dope, but so was dream, sope and a grip of others.

i would think that some of it would go to family and friends....or at least hope so..

and id seen naces work on freights for a few years worth of benching before he died...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

PEOPLE CAN GET ABSURD BEHIND A KEYBOARD

ATTENTION PEANUT GALLERY...WE WILL NOT BE MAKING A PENNY OFF THIS BOOK IF/WHEN IT IS COMPLETED.THE PROFITS WILL GO TO HIS FAMILY.. SO IF YOU HAVE TO NOT RACK ONE BOOK MAKE IT THIS ONE.THIS IS A LABOR OF LOVE FOR A FALLEN FRIEND NOT A TICKET TO CASH IN.THIS IS A TIME CONSUMING PROCESS SO IT WILL BE A WHILE PLEASE SAVE YOUR SALT FOR A PETZEL,AND NOT HERE THANKS,

MAYHEM CREW

Archived