THE NACE BOOK

hbg

Guest mikro137

honestly its a tough call for me personally. in one sense , i think that people veiw nace as a graffiti superstar more due to the proliferation of magazines , internet and videos , than they did with skate (can control issue 3 was a dedication to him) dream , sope etc etc , all of these writers were ill in every respect , and pioneered style , but due to whatever reasons , they didnt recieve the spotlight as much as naceo. naceo granted deserved any attention that he recieved , however , i feel there should be something similar done for said other writers.

nace rip

mikro137

ps , i would probally "invent" 2 copies of this book , because stores have already paid for merchandice , therefore anyone from johns family that maybe recieving procedes , has already made their money , in otherwords , if you buy from barnes and noble boreders tower etc... you are supporting them , and not naces benificiaries.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested in reading about all of nace's accomplishment because he is one of my favorite writers. It was a shame he died coming back from scribble jam. All I know is that I would buy and read the book.

Originally posted by mikro137

i would probally "invent" 2 copies of this book , because stores have already paid for merchandice , therefore anyone from johns family that maybe recieving procedes , has already made their money , in otherwords , if you buy from barnes and noble boreders tower etc... you are supporting them , and not naces benificiaries.

yeah, this is NOT true...

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by Smart

yeah, this is NOT true...

in most cases it is , especially with lower circulation books. if this is proven untrue , then i will retract my statement.

when/if a nace book drops i'll definitely be scoopin up a couple. first of all let me say that i think it'd be a really great project. just from fuckin around on this board you can tell that nace ( whether he knew them or not ) really touched a lot of people. i truly hope this project gets up off the ground.

i would love to see this book made, no matter what shape it takes. im not sure how possible it is, but to have a chronological catalog of every peice he'd ever done would be amazing. his style is especially deserving of the large format and depth of color a nice hardcover could provide. these flicks on the internet just dont do his peices justice, in fact im not even sure anything short of being able to walk up to one and see the detail would. if you need contributions all ive got is one little straight letter on a RBOX i caught this summer. im not fortunate enough to catch much of his stuff rolling so for those like me this book would be great. RIP.

Man, you are all fucking retarded.

By making a book about Nace, no one is claiming that he is the " BEST WRITER EVER". It's showing respect and love to a good friend that has passed by documenting their work and achievments....I think it's fucking incredible that his friends would take all the time and effort to actually have something published.

You people are in the fucking dark. Get a clue, show respect, and keep banter out of this thread.

Archived