KFC introduces the Double Down "sandwich"

Reuben Kinkaid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo, there is like 2 or 3 hardees in like 2 miles from me, shit is so cash.. i just had that double down thing and wasn't impressed at all, i don't know if the KFC by me is shitty or what. all i could taste was cheese (which isn't bad). also five guys is like east coast in-n-out. never had in-n-out though.. maybe one day.

for what its worth, i consider A&W fast food. shitty corporate restaurants (no, not ALL shitty) like Chilis & TGI Fridays have table service, along with an array of platters you cant get at generic fast food restaurants like a full rack of ribs or a new york steak

i dont like that frost mug gimmick, ill throw my own mug soaked in water into a freezer & not pay $4-5 for a glass of rootbeer

A&W root beer is still the shit though

I had one the other day nothin' special, don't think I'll ever get it again.

0413175625.jpg

SERIOUSLY!!!!IS IT THAT FUCKING HARD TO MELT ONES CHEESE!??!GOD DAMMIT

THAT SHIT PISSES ME OFF. NIGGA GETS A "HOT" SAMICH WITH SOME COLD ASS

CHEESE IN THE MIX..I THROW THAT SHIT BACK OVER THE COUNTER...

and yes..i am visibly umad over this.

I have a feeling once the double down gimmick wears off it will no longer be available.

Again, fantastic marketing in a time where the world, at the very least pretends, to be so health concious they said fuck it. Go the other way and gimmick the fucking shit out of it.

Similar to 'Fatburger' when they first started popping up out here the ammount of sales generated soley on the fact of curiostity and to be able to say you ate at a place called just that, FATBURGER.

And then they got/get return custys because there product is good.

Clever.

I have a feeling once the double down gimmick wears off it will no longer be available.

Again, fantastic marketing in a time where the world, at the very least pretends, to be so health concious they said fuck it. Go the other way and gimmick the fucking shit out of it.

Similar to 'Fatburger' when they first started popping up out here the ammount of sales generated soley on the fact of curiostity and to be able to say you ate at a place called just that, FATBURGER.

And then they got/get return custys because there product is good.

Clever.

The original meaning of Fatburger had nothing to do with being fat/unhealthy. Fatburger started in L.A. in the 50's and back then "fat" was slang for "the shit", "awesome", or "the best". Which ironically isn't much different from "phat" of the 1990's.

I read this while inside a Fatburger once. But I agree today people think it has to do with eating a fattening burger.

Werd up.

That being said, I don't care what they say a burger aint never not been fattening. And perhaps that spin there putting on it is another marketing ploy, albeit pribably based on truth, to mind fuck people like "hey, it doesn't mean fatty after all. I like this place, imma bring the whole family next time.

But they do make good shit. I think iv only had it twice but was impressed both times.

i can eat a mother fuckin' raw kale salad with oil free tahini dressing and pumpkin seeds......and then a double down. best of both worlds.

i never ever ever ever ever eat fast food, but when a new gimmick like this comes out, i am fully interested.

this.

bean cakes and sushi for lunch, hardees for dinner.

Werd up.

That being said, I don't care what they say a burger aint never not been fattening. And perhaps that spin there putting on it is another marketing ploy, albeit pribably based on truth, to mind fuck people like "hey, it doesn't mean fatty after all. I like this place, imma bring the whole family next time.

But they do make good shit. I think iv only had it twice but was impressed both times.

Yeah I heard they moved up to Canada. And it's only a west coast chain in the US. I'm guessing it's only out west up there?

Ya Vancouver had one for a few years now there poppin up here and there in surrounding areas. In fact, I randomly had to spur of the moment drive 4.5 hours east today to a place called Kelowna, pretty bumpin summer spot. Population a little under 300k I think and just literally in the past 10 minutes just passed by one.

Believe it or not there's only one krispy kreme in bc which is on the street that divides Surrey and another subcity called delta. Been there about 3 or 4 years. I think its gonna fold. After the initial hype, including literally a spiraling drive thru lineup thru a mall parking lot that would have probably stretched a quarter mile end to end opening day, it lost momentum.

That Tim Hortons coffee/doughnut spot runs rampid up here. Tho, it aint even canadian anymore(owned by the wendys corp) and personaly I don't have much intrest in it. That being said I don't drink coffee.

I think krispy kreme is good, but very rich. Dunno if they have fritters at the location down there but they do now up here whuch are pretty good. I'm curious because when they first opened they did not, so I'm assuming they adapted regionaly. It was kinda funny, tho. That first day with the lineup when it opened, they literallly had these lines of traffic complete with road markers, traffic coordinators and they were taking orders in the lot via headsets and an order form. But back to what my point was, I just drove by to witness this rediculous scene of stupidity and just cut straight into the drive thru and waited like 4 or 5 cars rather than 4 or 5 hours and when I pulled up with a really corporate looking man coming to my car, cleary sent up from the states to open the shop as he hand some type of american accent, he asked for my order sheet. Obviously didn't have one cause I cut in. I asked for a fritter and the reply he gave me, tho very polite, you could just sense he had been inandated with the question all day.

Cool story br0 oner.

Krispy Kreme is fucking delicious. They had one here for a little bit (which I was really excited about, because I had it when I was a kid every summer in Virginia) that had lines so serious they called cops in to direct them, but very quickly that shit faded and they closed. This is Dunkin Donuts territory, they can't be fucked with

Similar situation. I think the one out here will close aswell. For some reasons us canucks, me excluded, flock to tim hortons on such a revolving door basis, its fucked. They started multiplying by the 10's about 6 years ago.

Shit I remember 10 years ago I had gone one province over to calgary and they had a lot compared to vancouver at the time and I was like wtf? Why. Now I swear to god they absolutel, easily dominate the drive thru game up here ten fold.

I don't drink coffee so I don't get into the donut shop game all that much, but I know RI has the most in some way

Edit: Looked it up: "According to a Providence Journal article, the state features both the highest number and highest density of coffee/doughnut shops per capita in the country, with 342 coffee/doughnut shops in the state. At one point, Dunkin' Donuts alone had over 225 locations."

Yeah I heard they moved up to Canada. And it's only a west coast chain in the US. I'm guessing it's only out west up there?

I'm pretty sure there is one in my city, I haven't tried it yet because its about 45 mins away from me and my old lady isn't too keen on fast food

Similar situation. I think the one out here will close aswell. For some reasons us canucks, me excluded, flock to tim hortons on such a revolving door basis, its fucked. They started multiplying by the 10's about 6 years ago.

Not gonna lie.

I hit Hortons on my way to work, everyday. Cheap coffee and its got MSG in it so it tastes good.

I don't mind starbucks coffee (which is the only other chain option for us I think, apart from second cup but there isn't a second cup where I work), but its pretty potent and can be like drinking gasoline.

When I'm not at work my tim hortons intake goes way down.