2009 hip hop is nothing more than the wiggles with gold fronts and rented bentleys...

once upon a crime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rap is whack nowadays..all these fools are fakin it.talking about sellin keys and killing people when you know for a fact that these fools are cakes.and the people with actual talent and who spit good shit and keep it real dont get any airplay becuase all the people nowadays want to hear is the newest dance or whatever.

rap nowadays isnt about quality lyrics or having a message.its about how many ringtones i can sell off this shit.and all you need for that is a catchy hook.so thats why you got fools who cant spit worth shit making mad money.all you need is a good beat and hook and your straight.

im tired of rap.im tired of listening to some dumbass talk about moving weight when in all actuality he's probably never seen a key in his life,or some fag dressing up in tight pants and carrying fucking purses around(those lame ass louis vittone bags,you know what im talking bout) but then try to front like their hard.yall niggas are whack.fuck all yall.

rap is whack nowadays..all these fools are fakin it.talking about sellin keys and killing people when you know for a fact that these fools are cakes.and the people with actual talent and who spit good shit and keep it real dont get any airplay becuase all the people nowadays want to hear is the newest dance or whatever.

rap nowadays isnt about quality lyrics or having a message.its about how many ringtones i can sell off this shit.and all you need for that is a catchy hook.so thats why you got fools who cant spit worth shit making mad money.all you need is a good beat and hook and your straight.

im tired of rap.im tired of listening to some dumbass talk about moving weight when in all actuality he's probably never seen a key in his life,or some fag dressing up in tight pants and carrying fucking purses around(those lame ass louis vittone bags,you know what im talking bout) but then try to front like their hard.yall niggas are whack.fuck all yall.

youmad.jpg

i listen to every type of music there is,,,, seriously... whether it be, underground, commercial, popular, unpopular, give me some rap shit that hasnt been watered down and maybe ill think differently....and not that southern cornball shit where they talk and not rap.

never heard this douches music, but i'm a big fan of judging books by covers......really dude? you need 97 watches and 56 tacky looking chains? this right here is the problem with hip hop. black men complaining about being held down by whitey but what do they do with their money? buy businesses and stock them with black employees thereby increasing their overall wealth/status/opportunities.....? of course not. they buy bentleys and bling which is only making germans richer. who in turn buy businesses and stock them with white people which increases their overall wealth/status/opportunities.

unfortunately hip hop has become a parody unto itself.:D

c2a5f32faa06b1a524ba09fc7352fc5c.jpg

I remember in the early 2000's while living in Japan I tried to get in to backpack rap. I randomly bought a mix CD of different artists at Tower Records. I remember the cover had graffiti on it. Anyway I listened to it and it was some of the most boring shit I've ever heard. One of the artists on it was Aesop Rock and he was rappin about geography and Vikings and maps and shit. The beats were garbage and the content was the usual pseudo-intellectual boring shit of backpack rappers taking themselves too seriously.

I think what "once upon a crime" and those like him don't understand is that a big turn-off about backpacker conscious "purists" is that they take themselves too seriously. Rap should be fun, shit you can bump in your car. Shit your girl would like. Not a bunch of dudes sounding like angry chemistry professors. You want knowledge get it from a book or go to school.

I also bought that Kool Keith "Dr. Dooom" album just because I thought it had a funny cover. Also some of the most retarded demented shit I've ever heard.

Exactly. Someone who sounds like they are reading their PhD dissertation over a beat is boring. Not thought provoking or life changing.

Unless one of you elitists would like to debate the finer points of this, you can find me bumping some Sean Price, which I think most people with half a brain would classify as closer to "real" hip hop than any of what you're raving about.

Sometimes I feel like these backpacker faggots don't have cars...

I can't picture myself drivin' somewhere listening some dork clowns talk

about "vikings and the way the stars are aligned" .....these clowns

walk around with some big headphones on an ipod lookin' like dumb fucks

slappin' some aesop rock ....I listen to shit that rattles my trunk...

I remember in the early 2000's while living in Japan I tried to get in to backpack rap. I randomly bought a mix CD of different artists at Tower Records. I remember the cover had graffiti on it. Anyway I listened to it and it was some of the most boring shit I've ever heard. One of the artists on it was Aesop Rock and he was rappin about geography and Vikings and maps and shit. The beats were garbage and the content was the usual pseudo-intellectual boring shit of backpack rappers taking themselves too seriously.

I think what "once upon a crime" and those like him don't understand is that a big turn-off about backpacker conscious "purists" is that they take themselves too seriously. Rap should be fun, shit you can bump in your car. Shit your girl would like. Not a bunch of dudes sounding like angry chemistry professors. You want knowledge get it from a book or go to school.

I also bought that Kool Keith "Dr. Dooom" album just because I thought it had a funny cover. Also some of the most retarded demented shit I've ever heard.

it's not all or nothing, it's about finding a 'happy medium' between good beats and good lyrics.

if gucci mane produces his own beats then he gets a small pass on the craptacular nature of his lyrics....because imo it's about accumulative talent. same as dr dre he can't rap for shit but he makes dope beats so he gets a pass.

oh

my

GOD

this thread is the worst.

it reminds me of this cornball my best friend used to date, in college.

he was a blond jew who went to rich kids school who hung out in the coup t-shirts and made interpretive paintings named after company flow songs.

son...son. listen to some camron and calm the fuck down.

i love that! its fucking hilarious.

straight off the bat; "name if this song is called i dont want the motherfuckin chorus"

and more importantly BITCH GETS NO LOVE :lol:

if gucci mane produces his own beats then he gets a small pass on the craptacular nature of his lyrics....because imo it's about accumulative talent. same as dr dre he can't rap for shit but he makes dope beats so he gets a pass.

wow

hey look its this thread again!!

hip hop is not dead. it is very much alive and well.

mr. hop currently resides in the same complex as donnie brasco,

under an assumed alias, in the witness protection program.

mr. hop was very accustomed to bragging about his participation

in such activities as murder, drug dealing, prostitution rings, rape,

as well as a number of other minor offenses. life was good for mr. hop,

plenty of bitches, cris, dro, and stacks on deck. but in the early months

of 2006, a movement began building alot of momentum, especially in the

innermost ghettos of the americas most crime ridden cities. this movement

was dubbed the "stop snitchin" movement. mr. hop realized that the life he was

accustomed to living would have to cease, especially when high profile figures such as

oprah and bill o'reilly began casting a harsh spotlight on all of his extra -curriculars.

mr. hop could no longer incriminate himself. he faked his own death in june 2007.

not one to fall for a hoax, bill oreilly is said to have a 500,000$ open contract on mr.

hops dead

because imo it's about accumulative talent. same as dr dre he can't rap for shit but he makes dope beats so he gets a pass.

really....?

listen to this and tell me he didnt get off..

im beginning to think these niggas clownin the "gangster rappers"

are for real retarded...

Archived