The best reasons to believe that there is a God

nsmbfan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

if your still not sure if there is a god, keep exploring.

you have to think beyond religion. Catholicism was created to control, they took the truth and distorted it for power. with power comes money and respect. and every other religion came from subjective views of what was set by the catholic church.

you dont need a bible to learn ANYTHING. its just a story, you can find every thing you need to know in yourself and in nature.

god is the divine consciousness, we are god, we are one.

at some point in humanity, we lost that consciousness and limited ego took over.

and thats were we are today. control by time, religion, politics, war, race... etc etc. and all that is constructed by our ego.

the good thing is, consciousness comes in cycles, right now we are on the ninth wave, which is the beginning of the true devine consciousness. that's what the mayans' were telling us, not that the physical world is going to end.

• Like 1

science is our times 'religion'

In the future...humans will think science is a bunch of bullshit just as christians, muslims, etc think the ancient gods of the past, such as the greek gods, are bullshit.

because guess what? A lot of shit in this world/universe still can't be explained by science.

Science is not the answer.

Bow down to something greater than yourself trick!

Like?

Someone told me that no one can explain why the sky is blue in another thread, I provided instructional guidance as to the reason it is blue.

Maybe you just have not been made aware of the reasons of the things you think science can not explain. I will be glad to help.

we can go back to the original question.

how did the universe come to be?

don't give me some big bang theory bs...that is what we call a theory.

What is wrong with the big bang theory? At least it is plausible, but it is hard to argue against if you do not tell me what you think is wrong with it.

To dismiss it as just a theory, is not giving it its due. I can easily say the same thing about the bible and god.

"don't give me some God and Bible bs...that is what we call a Book"

For real, I want to talk about this intelligently. I just got out of a class where I got into this pretty deeply. I gladly can get into the science aspect of this, but I might as well be reading you a text book. It will be easier if you narrow it down somewhat, because there is alot of complex items that can be discussed when talking about the universe.

well for something that rides heavily on fact...the big bang theory seems pretty flawed.

the problem with science is that they cant marry a higher power with science. they would rather say the universe literally came from nothing.

^this too.

i find it more believable that a greater power created the universe rather than a 'poof'

when i say greater power...im not necessarily talking about God as we know it. Just something that is so great we will never be able to comprehend.

I actually did skim through it all last week. I did not see anything concerning the actual science of it, for example spectra lines and wave lengths used to see what orbital objects are made of and how old they are. Mostly it is just the theory aspect of it all, without getting too deep into the science of it.

I can understand not wanting to get too deep into it.

Dark Knight, what flaws are there that concern you? All science is very new when you consider the age of the universe and how young man kind is when compared to it. I will agree that there are numerous issues that are not answered, but I do not think that is because they are unanswerable, but that we are just not advanced enough to discover them or analyze them.

For example we just fully charted for the first time the ice flow in Antarctica http://www.fastcompany.com/1774708/watching-the-ice-flow-on-antarctica

If we have not even discovered our planet fully, we still are babies crawling in relation to discovering the rest of the universe. So, of course we can not explain everything, but there are very plausible reasons to not give up on science to accept a book that no one also knows where it came from or who wrote it. Not trying to get down on anyone because of their religion, I would just like to school some people to things that they never thought of. That is why I am asking if you can narrow it down a little, because there is alot of subject matter in what we are talking about.

• Like 1

the thought of anything beyond food and shelter in general is new in the grand scheme of things.

what i was originally trying to say is... we will never know the real origin to our universe. Our minds arent nearly evolved enough to do so.

Which is why i think it's better to believe in a greater power than a theory of coming from nothing.

but like i said... to each their own

i should of said, that was the first established "religion", and every religion is a subjective view of catholicism.

again, what?

there are thousands of religions that exist without jesus or catholicism and that did so long before jesus. i don't understand what you're trying to say.

i didnt know if there was some neuroscience behind it that you might have known of.

i dont think its so much of, on a certain date, every one on earth will begin to ascend to their higher consciousness. i dont believe anything is set at a point in time, its your consciousnsess that creates everything. but what do i know?

what i believe and what my intuition tells me is that, our brain is downloading consciouness from the cosmos, and the downloads our increasing as we are increasing our ability to handle them. i think were seeing and will be seeing alot of deaths this year in order to evolve humanity as a whole.

im not some guru, but i am experienceing this in myself and in people around me. its nothing that im buying into. its just a understanding ive come to over the past couple of weeks. its crazy man.

again, what?

there are thousands of religions that exist without jesus or catholicism and that did so long before jesus. i don't understand what you're trying to say.

im back pedaling now. but what im getting at is, religion has been used to control power, which would explain why jesus was killed, Galileo was persecuted by the catholic church etc etc.

and yes i believe jesus was real, mary wasnt a virgin, and that he was a higher consciousness, and maybe the most prolific and notable of his kind at the time.

the bible has painted a picture of jesus as a super hero, "the son of god".

point being if humanity didnt have those distortions, we would all be free. there would be no power or money that our ego's crave.

do you see what im saying?