The best reasons to believe that there is a God

nsmbfan

It's funny, people come to an age where they grow out of the belief that the Easter Bunny exists.. Santa claus..

Yet knowing all these "Holidays" are based around events that have to do with the bible, They never grow out of the jesus and god fairytale.

The bible: A code of morals, which if followed would lead to a peaceful environment, the down side is this code was made for dirt poor peasants so that they thought they had something to live for. Nobody that had money and power gave 2fucks bout it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thought of anything beyond food and shelter in general is new in the grand scheme of things.

what i was originally trying to say is... we will never know the real origin to our universe. Our minds arent nearly evolved enough to do so.

Which is why i think it's better to believe in a greater power than a theory of coming from nothing.

but like i said... to each their own

Can you give it some time. Just because they haven't figured it out right now, doesn't mean people can't ever. It's taken us thousands of years just to leave the planet. We're making progress, it may not be by leaps and bounds but I believe we'll get to a point where we'll be able to at least explain what the universe is.

i should of said, that was the first established "religion", and every religion is a subjective view of catholicism.

E_F: Location: the "slums of Shaolin"...& this ^^^???

IMHO, your statement is based on a false premise...Jesus having been a Hebrew prophet.

Christianity is a 'relatively' new faith, based around the worship of

one omnipotent deity & the Holy Trinity.

Muslims, Christians, & Jews all claim Jerusalem as 'their' holy city & are religions based on very similar concepts.

As for the original question:

"The best reason(s) to believe there is a God"?FEAR

YIN-YANG

Yin-Yang...for me, this concept explains the basic universal balance that exists in nature, scientific laws of physics, & one's personal faith.

It allows me to revile, but accept, the necessary/inevitable existence of earthly viciousness, violence, ugliness, evil, sickness, death, & cruelty that seems so tragic & incomprehensible.

E_F: Location: the "slums of Shaolin"...& this ^^^???

... wu tang.

i get that, im saying to take religion and the bible at face value, is what has been used to distort. its very territorial.. it should be taken as a parable, bc thats what it is.

i think jesus was a parable of life, so to speak.

but yes i think that genetic life is the epitome of duality or yin/yang. the chromosomes of the mom combine with the dad.. etc.

since we know that god doesnt have a mom or dad, he had to create duality.

once again, i think god is the divine conscious. but also that a "soul" or the very essence of life, is non dualistic, interplaying with our chromosomal self.

so ill go back to my previous statement.

god is divine consciousness, we are god, we are one.

... wu tang.

...but yes i think that genetic life is the epitome of duality or yin/yang. the chromosomes of the mom combine with the dad.. etc.

since we know that god doesnt have a mom or dad, he had to create duality.

a "soul" or the very essence of life, is non dualistic

so ill go back to my previous statement.

god is divine consciousness, we are god, we are one.

Are you saying:

Life=Duality

Soul=Non-Duality?

How can you separate the "soul" from the essence of the "being"?

Do I honestly have to give another clinic on the proper use of language in regards to science?

Do we need some sort of primer that gets posted ever[ 5 pages?

Morons.

Oh...PLEASE. Go ahead, post it "EVER" 5 pages.

More 12oz "I've got 10,000,000 posts" & consequently have absorbed the collective intelligence of an empty can on the sidewalk psychosis???

UGH...Do I honestly have to give another English Grammar Basics lesson on proof-reading one's posts?

Probably about as much as i need to spend time arguing about semantics of proper diction.

Also, my comments were specifically to people using "fact," "theory" and other words in fashions which present thoughts against the practical value of science through arguments of gaps.

Didn't really read your comments. I'm sure they are well thought out and full of wonderfully useful grammar and punctuation.

/doesn'tproofreadjusttypesquickly

that is not limited to australia. dawkinist atheism is everywhere.

i don't like it.

the majority of those embracing it, imo, are teen angst/college-borne-atheists with something to prove, its a sort of rebellion and identity crisis.

live/let live (until its shoved down my throat)

I used to be much more aggressive in my atheist belief when I was younger, I still have zero doubt that I am wrong but I don't let it bother me anymore, unless someone pushes their religion down my throat then I will kick off about their stupidity. I think it stems from having lots of catholic relatives and always arguing with them and them not being the brightest sparks anyway.

If someone wants to be religious/believe in god then that is up to them, if my son asks me about religion (which he has) I tell im in a non biased way about all different religions, I don't mention my beliefs unless he asks me (which he did) I told him I thought it was all nonsense and then explained to him what I think happened. But even then I tell him it is what I think and others are free to believe what they want.

I think the problem with organised religions is that they have basically been adapted and have "evolved" through the last few thousand years. I mean the idea of Jesus Christ is present in religions other than Christianity and also pre-date the conception of this religion too. It is sort of strange that people are willing to accept something as verbatim which apparently occured thosands of years ago, when we would be extremely sceptical when it comes to anything else which apprently "happened" during this time. This doesn't mean spiritualism should not occur, but the idea of anyone having worked out what the complete truth is cannot be proved. I believe in a higher life and possibly life after death because it makes life pointless to do otherwise. But I do not follow any organised religion.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

it becomes apparent that although Wallslayer denies having anything to do with organized religion, he doesn't know which religion he is a part of as it is so deeply engrained that he is cauterized and blind to that which to others is obvious.

Religion is not reality there's no debate too be had about this. the word of man is not divine and every religion is a creation of man. And seriously fuck anyone who is so insecure that they can't grasp that. We basically need too get over thinking that we are more then what we are.

Spirituality is different, and so is the belief of an afterlife. The belief in something more then what is around us is not the problem because really there totally could be. The problem is with specific religions because as any gambler can tell you, the probability of such a correct guess is not something you would ever go on.

The truly important thing is not being insecure about how short life is, regardless of if there's an afterlife or not. Because honestly how much of people's belief in all this is based on being shook about dieing?

Existence in its self is not something too be pissed away living on any terms other then your own, because what we do know is you got one life too live so don't fuck around. And it totally is true every action has its own consequence and you have too deal with them. But personally I stand with my head held high knowing that my life now is more important then any gods will for me.

Toooo Many religions I dont know which one to Believe Sometimes

I would like to believe in Jesus But too much Pain and hunger in this World for me to believe in any of that Shit

i don't know what i believe but i can tell ya, you're not getting the whole jesus thing if that's your reason not to believe in him

• 1 month later...