ask someone from a different country...

trogg_slayer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I get a decent service I will tip, but it isn't like America where tipping is the thing to do

dunno what the stance is on tattooist getting tips here, maybe Chopsticks is the guy to answer that, all my tattoos are shitty things I got when young so didn't tip for those.

I am with christo on the emu meat tip, so tender.

And Finnish girls are fucking unbelievable, the ones I have met no matter where I have been have been as hot as any women I have ever met. Apparently Finland has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, due to it apparently being light all day in Summer and dark all day in Winter.

A word of advice my extremely well travelled friend gave me was to go to Estonia in the Summer instead, as all the Fins escape to Estonia because it is so close and so cheap.

Aussie Xmas' rock, especially if there is swell. I had one of the best surfs of my life on an Xmas day years ago, woke up at 1pm (after a huge Xmas eve blinder) ate some food then went and surfed this heavy as fuck shorebreak that was head high breaking in a foot or less of water, with only familys swimming and nobody else surfing. Hope with all the crazy weather patterns it is like that again this year.

some america cities have a law where service workers get paid a tipping wage thats like $3.75 an hour or some shit. not tipping them hard working people is fucked up.

If i go to a foreign country i at least do my best to figure out how shit works there, after all its not my home Ill show you respect as a visitor.

Guest JohnLester#31

New to this thread, not sure if this has been asked.

To Asians, I'm familiar with the concept of pale skin being attractive, Are females of darker complexion frowned upon in society? or What do Asians think of Blacks or Latinos?

I remember tipping in a bar in Copenhagen and the bar tender was like WHOAAAA YOU DONT NEED TO DO THATTT.

And I asked what the deal was. Danes dont tip for shit. Swedes, sometimes, but the Norwegians I guess tip pretty well. I always tipped though. I know what its like, and I loved to get nice tips.

New to this thread, not sure if this has been asked.

To Asians, I'm familiar with the concept of pale skin being attractive, Are females of darker complexion frowned upon in society? or What do Asians think of Blacks or Latinos?

I think you mean Bracks and Ratinos?

I'm not Asian, but been exposed to a lot of Asian culture. I've definitely heard of Asians not liking brack people, and I've heard that darker skin is less desirable.

My thing is how American's think so much shit sounds "funny"....like a name to a place, or a simple translation of a phrase or word. There's crazy egocentrism in this country and that's unfortunate.

For being such a successful country (not necessarily by good means), it's a big FAIL when it comes to taking other languages, cultures, and world events into real consideration at the end of the day. That's why countries like India, China, and Japan are surpassing us in so many ways like medicine and technology - yet we fail to seriously consider this shit.

If you go to any other country, the nightly news will encompass news from all over the world as a normal thing; NOT just a 2 minute segment called "AROUND THE WORLD" for you to see some foreigners throw rocks at tanks.

Most countries outside the US are way more educated on world events and REAL happenings than we are.....Again, very unfortunate, there are good people here also.

For being such a successful country (not necessarily by good means), it's a big FAIL when it comes to taking other languages, cultures, and world events into real consideration at the end of the day. That's why countries like India, China, and Japan are surpassing us in so many ways like medicine and technology - yet we fail to seriously consider this shit.

China actually did not do this for years & years & years, just one reason why different countries have occupied China and taken over their ports. Also part of why there was/is widespread povery in many regions of China. They somewhat learned their lesson.

I like Spitfire's reply to you though.

China actually did not do this for years & years & years, just one reason why different countries have occupied China and taken over their ports. Also part of why there was/is widespread povery in many regions of China. They somewhat learned their lesson.

I like Spitfire's reply to you though.

That's why we wouldn't fuck with China in a million years, correct?

Thank you.

Archived