NFL 2009 Superthread

Smart

well i guess its a good thing no one who has a voice in the matter gives a fuck what you think.

HAH

i could be wrong but mvp is based on how a team would do if a certain player is taken away from that team.

the running game is stagnant at best and rivers is winning games with his arm.

2 rookie o-line in against ravens and he still had something like 430 yds. .....against the ravens.

4000 yds, 34 td, 105 pass rtg last season.

the entire niners offense only had 36 tds last season btw.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is debating that a Niner should win the NFL MVP, therefore your argument is a little illogical and invalid. Try to compare Phillip Rivers to the likes of Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and there is no comparison that they are far better QB's than your precious Phillip Rivers. While there is no denying that Rivers is a great QB, he still hasn't show to be in the same category as the premier passers in the game. A la Brees, Manning, and Brady.

nah man what i was saying is that he nearly out performed and entire nfl team on his own. and it wasnt even the worst team in the league.

i see what youre saying but those teams have been passing offenses for a while. they have been living or dyeing(sp?) by the quarterback.

the chargers were the opposite, the team was on LTs back but the chargers are starting to get away from the running offense its had for the last 6 yrs or so as LT is aging and is turning into one of those passing based teams. on top of that, rivers has only been a starter for 3 yrs. hes still getting better.

im eager to see what will happen.

L.T. is done for. Darren Sproles is the new "it" back in San Diego and I could very well see the SD's front office going for a running back in the first day of the NFL Draft. In my opinion, L.T. has damaged his reputation... he seems a little uneasy about his future and it seems like he is trying to cover up his inability to play the game at his accustomed level with injuries. I could be way off but he's definitely not the same L.T. from 2006, hell maybe even 2007.

On a side note, I am super excited about Pittsburgh 1-2 start. I just hope they continue to tank because they've been handed everything. Refs are always on Pittsburgh's side and I am glad they are finally coming back down to Earth.

i agree hes not the same but he still had over 1000 yds and something like 10 tds last season so i would say he is still better than average.... at least he was last season. i dont think he will be seeing as many people in the box this season due to all the passing and vincent jackson emerging as an excellent receiver. so i expect similar stats from LT if he can stay healthy.i hope they take a rb early sproles shouldnt be out there every down. bennett is looking good though i think he will play a bigger role at the steelers. im also glad the steelers arent doing great. heinz feild in winter sucks haha. prolly the biggest home field advantage in the playoffs.

NFC East is, and has been, the toughest division in all of football for the last 20 years. No way would the patriots have gone 18-0 if they had to play the skins, eagles, giants, and cowboys twice a year...

Also, I can't wait to see what the saints will do against the Giants' pass rush in a few weeks. Big Blue Wrecking Crew!

Wooord theres a chance alot of the 3-0 teams wont be undefeated after this weekend...

ravens v pats

(ravens should give N.E. another loss)

cowboys v. broncos

(id like it if those girls lost even thou the broncos didnt earn their wins)

green bay v. minnesota

(would be ill if they killed brett favre at somepoint throughout the game)

seattle v. indy

(indy will probably win)

jets v. saints

( i wanna see alot of points on both sides of the ball)

AND

Giants v. KC

umm yeah i'd say we're gonna get the W..

there were some other minor changes, but Big Al WAS the best defensive player in the league - he would sometimes hold back 3 linesmen at a time - look at the effect its had, we still can stop the run (sort of) but we dont have anyone left to cover receivers

Like I said, keeping collins and letting Haynesworth go was THE WORST DECISION since choosing Suicide Watch Young over Cutler