R.I.P. Saber's L.A. river piece..

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i remember flying into La a few years ago and literally seeing it from the air as we were coming in. i was pretty humbled.

then seeing that mta down the river in person a little while ago made me wonder what that would look like from the air.

pretty substantial when your mark is affecting literally 1000's of travelers. a day. from an airplane. damn.

but theres some serious shit that goes with those guys im sure some of you know about.

^exactly.

i still say we get like 20 12ozers to roll out a huge "12 oz" in the river..lol

Here's the fucked part for now.. The river is on watch, so if someone goes big it would have to be in one night.. You dig what I'm saying? Right now if they see anything big they'll stake that shit out. But that won't last too long.

Unless dudes do their own surveillance.

Here's the fucked part for now.. The river is on watch, so if someone goes big it would have to be in one night.. You dig what I'm saying? Right now if they see anything big they'll stake that shit out. But that won't last too long.

Unless dudes do their own surveillance.

whos watchin??? i gotta .380 throwie to use on them faggot ass heros...

whos watchin??? i gotta .380 throwie to use on them faggot ass heros...

Right now cops got part of the river on lock.. To do something big would be hard, but not if you wanna run pieces and throws..

The cops knew when a well known bomber went back down there, even though dude had tons of shit running..

I'm just saying..

They are buffing the LA River hard right now. Everything by the 6th Street bridge is gone.

Do you really think the city of Los Angeles would spend millions of dollars just to remove graffiti? I don't think so. Think of this buff as an investment for the city in the long run. You can't build more million dollar lofts when you have graffiti bringing property value down.

Downtown has been renovated in lighting fast speed the past 7 years. The new Nokia Theater at LA Live reminds me of really clean version of Tokyo with all the night lights and architecture. Removing graffiti was just another thing on the to do list...

• 2 weeks later...

Suspended sentence for global graffiti artist

STEVE BUTCHER

October 30, 2009

Ads by Google

Learn to Trade CFDs

5 Easy Steps to CFD Trading.Free Practice Account Included. GFT

http://www.GFT.com.au

Artist ***** ******, asked when he was leaving Australia, replied, ''Not soon enough'' after receiving a suspended sentence.

Artist ***** *****, asked when he was leaving Australia, replied, ''Not soon enough'' after receiving a suspended sentence. Photo: Wayne Taylor

WHEN high-profile international graphic artist ***** ****** plans for a legal graffiti competition in Melbourne failed this month, he resorted to plan B.

****** told other graffiti artists on his Twitter page after finance for his ''Clash of the Titans'' contest failed: ''F--- this shit. I'm going to paint as much as I can and then get the f--- out of Dodge.''

The Californian then turned criminal to hit eight known targets in 13 days from October 13 that included a rail bridge, a train carriage and various buildings, including one near St Vincent's Hospital and another entailing 30 litres of paint.

****** painted his identity ''tag'' on multi-coloured canvases across the inner city, causing $15,300 damage.

A Melbourne court heard yesterday that he was in the process of leaving town on Wednesday when Connex alerted Victoria Police, which enlisted the Australian Federal Police to pull him from a flight to Sydney where he planned to depart for the US.

As his lawyer, Anna Balmer, told Melbourne Magistrates Court: ''He has painted himself into a very uncomfortable corner.''

Prosecutor Leading Senior Constable Glenn Abott said ****** had an ''extensive history of committing illegal graffiti in America and around the world'' under the alias of Revok.

He took photos of his Melbourne work, transferred them to a laptop and then uploaded them to his website with references on Twitter to ''showcase'' his efforts.

******, 32, pleaded guilty to nine charges of criminal damage.

Ms Balmer told magistrate Ian von Einem that her client, a graphic designer, was passionate about graffiti art but realised there were more ''appropriate forms for this type of art work''.

Ms Balmer said the talented artist, who was visited in the court cells by a member of the American consulate, had exhibitions planned in Los Angeles and Miami.

In sentencing him to a nine-month jail term suspended for two years, with an order he pay $15,340 compensation, Mr von Einem said such art work affected tourism in cities worldwide and undermined legitimate graffiti artists. Asked outside court when he was leaving Australia, ***** replied: ''Not soon enough.''

But he was quick to add that Melbourne was a beautiful city with ''amazing'' architecture, but asked if he had improved it he said: ''I don't know if I should comment on that.''

Asked if the court case would improve his profile, ****** responded: ''Who knows? I just do what I do. I came here. I did some stuff. Maybe I did a few things I shouldn't have done. I apologise to the court and the Melbourne community for being irresponsible.''

Ads by Google

Wireless Internet - $9.99

Take the net with you, from $9.99No phone lines,same day connection

http://www.Dodo.com.au

Are you a Single Guy, 30+

Like Dining out in MelbourneLove to Meet that Special Woman?

http://www.tablemates.com

1 Tip of a flat belly :

Cut down 3 lbs of your belly everyweek by using this 1 weird old tip.

Fatburningfurnace.com