At least 4 dead in Pittsburgh area fitness center shooting

TheoHuxtable..

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/pennsylvania.gym.shooting/

(CNN) -- A gunman walked into an LA Fitness gym outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, turned off the lights and fired off 50 rounds, killing three women before killing himself Tuesday evening, police said.

Authorities are at the scene of a shooting at an LA Fitness gym near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The man didn't speak but was carrying a gym bag with a note inside it. He was found dead in the gym lying on top of one of his guns near a victim, said Charles Moffatt, Allegheny County police superintendent.

At least 10 other people were injured in the barrage of bullets that sent people in the gym ducking for cover, Moffatt said.

A law enforcement source identified the gunman as George Sodini, a 48-year-old gym member.

Moffatt would not release the name of the victims during a Wednesday news conference.

The gunman apparently was on a mission, Moffatt said.

"He did what he set out to do, and I think nobody could have stopped him, " he said.

Moffatt would not confirm a newspaper report that Sodini's ex-girlfriend was one of the women killed in the shooting.

He also did not say what was written on the note that was found in Sodini's gym bag.

Sodini entered the fitness center around 8 p.m. Tuesday and went straight to an aerobics classroom, where he opened fire with multiple handguns, Moffatt said.

The shooting victims arrived at three major hospitals in the area.

A spokeswoman for UPMC Mercy Hospital confirmed five female shooting victims arrived at the facility with multiple gunshot wounds. "All arrived in critical condition," hospital spokeswoman Linda Ross said. "Three of them were upgraded to serious condition overnight."

Allegheny General Hospital received two wounded patients at its trauma center, a spokesman said. Both victims are women and were listed in fair condition early Wednesday.

A St. Clair Hospital spokesman said three shooting victims arrived there Tuesday night; two were in stable condition and one, who was shot in the chest, died at about 8:55 p.m.

Perry Calabro of nearby Bridgeville told CNN he was between racquetball games at the gym when he suddenly heard screaming and multiple gunshots. He said he ran out but didn't see the gunman or others.

Other witnesses told CNN affiliate WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh that the lights went out before they saw flashes in dark, later realizing it was gunfire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the most interesting was the gunman's online diary... and he had been writing his thoughts and talking about the shooting since last year. Had planned it for last summer but wanted to see who won the election. Planned on doing it in January but had second thoughts.

Gunman's diary:

http://georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Every daddy know when he sends his little girl to college, she be bangin a bruthr real good. I

saw it. "Not my little girl", daddy says! (Yeah right!!) Black dudes have thier choice of best white hoez. You do the math, there are enough young white so all the brothers can each have one for 3 or 6 months or so."

at least this nigga keep it real haha

Nigga got a book on the coffee table called "Date Young Women". :lol:

Nigga actually makes his bed too. I havn't seen anybody make their bed since I was a little kid and my grandmom would make us make the bed when we were staying at her house. :lol: