Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShortFuse

Curious if we have chess lovers...

If so I was wondering if anyone has delved into Shogi, aka Japanese chess or Generals chess. Ive always been told it's like a more technical chess. I'm enjoying it so far. Curious if anyone else has??

nope. can't say i have. i have fucked with "regular" chess a few drunken nights though.

Chess Is a Mess.

I can see why its fun, with all them damn rules for each piece, but i cant remember them all.

very fun game. Ive always said that your first 6 moves will determine your fate for the entire game

I think there used to be a chess thread, but the great purge of 09 may have deleted it.

I used to play whenever i travelled to kill time. I love the giant sets in European parks.

Some days I would booze and roll a spliff while watching the old timers go at it.

To them, it was serious business - watching geezers argue in German or Italian is a gas.

Second the idiots mate.

I became way too obsessed w/this shit a few years back.

I love the game but have to keep it in check.

i've always been a player of the game, from grade school to jail to school again. i played chess frequently with a criminal justice student in college. it was kinda fun cus it was like outsmarting the law.

i usually only play drunk, but its a fun game and worth the time to learn strategies. basically, it'll make your friends think you're smart.

anybody on chesspark.com or a similar site?

we can get a 12oz chess league started...

Guest Ginger Bread Man

tel the first 5-6 moves are considered the opening game. in most cases this part of the game indicates the outcome of the middle game and sometimes the endgame.

say im playing black, there is no way you can determine i will lose after the opening game, this because im playing defensively primarily and setting up my game later than my opponents' white.

one move makes a world of difference

this is the 4th thread in the last 2 years alone about chess.

im always up for a game. get at me.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now