help needed from teh older heads, and possibly real talk from mero.

twinky the kid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the most part bf im already on this tip.

home livin.

bike ridin/skatin.

decent worker.

tryin to live it up as much as possible.

its all good dude.

bold is your mistake, twinky. you've got to grow up for a minute and not have any fun that requires you spending money.

cut out the extra shit.

we're obviously all rooting for you, otherwise this thread would be filled with gore and "pee in her butt" type ish.

work, work, more work. save, save, save. this way, you'll have something good to show for it at the end

not your end, but when you meet your goal(s)

end it with the girl if you have to. don't trap yourself. you'll only find out too late that it's not going to work out like you think.

keep your head up, man. you can do this.

Like I said in that "wifey" thread....relationships you have in your early 20's are just practice relationships.

Don't let yourself think it to be any more serious than that.

The way things (usually) work is that you grow up and both want different things and then you will break up and move on with your life.

If you try to move in together and play house, it will probably end up being a lot less fun and end faster than if you stay living separate and just hanging out in your free time.

Like I said in that "wifey" thread....relationships you have in your early 20's are just practice relationships.

Don't let yourself think it to be any more serious than that.

The way things (usually) work is that you grow up and both want different things and then you will break up and move on with your life.

If you try to move in together and play house, it will probably end up being a lot less fun and end faster than if you stay living separate and just hanging out in your free time.

i think i can sum this up in man talk:

keep your ho on the side, and living separately.

when she's not there, bang strippers.

bold is your mistake, twinky. you've got to grow up for a minute and not have any fun that requires you spending money.

cut out the extra shit.

i dunno dude...twink is what? 20? 19? unless dude is seriously trying to buy a house soon or some shit like that, he should be blowing money on some crazy shit and having a good time. dont have this cat spend his early 20s living like a penny pinching jew. blow money on strippers, blow, nikes, really nice denim tight pants, steak...

whats good with japan though? :confused:

i thought you finished school dude, or do you mean further schooling after high school?

anyway i wana know how this turns out, i'm desperate to get outta this place.

i dont even know anymore dude, lol.

it seems like every time i post something in this thread, the exact opposite happens.

jinx.

but idk the situation on the whole japan shpeel.

im not really stressing it to tell the truth.

im just gonna let shit like that work itself out.

i still really wanna see frisco first.

i dunno dude...twink is what? 20? 19? unless dude is seriously trying to buy a house soon or some shit like that, he should be blowing money on some crazy shit and having a good time. dont have this cat spend his early 20s living like a penny pinching jew. blow money on strippers, blow, nikes, really nice denim tight pants, steak...

i'm not saying don't have fun, but chill on it for about 6 months, save some money.

he'll be mad happy once he has a pile of dough, ready to put a deposit and first months

rent on an apartment. excuse me, twinky dungeon.

to tell you the truth, if i dont take her in, she has no where else to go.

SHE'S GASSIN IT. NIGGAS WITH GOOD PARENTS ALWAYS GOT A SAFETY NET. IF SHE CALLED UP MAMASAN CRYIN HOW SHE'S HOMELESS SHE'D BE IN THE PORT THE NEXT DAY WITH SOME VALIUMS AND AN IPOD.

LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS FAM. <<<I COULD BASICALLY END THIS POST RIGHT HERE...DO NOT GET MORE THAN TWO CREDIT CARDS, AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE BALANCE TRANSFER GAME. PRETEND YOUR CREDIT CARDS DONT EXIST AND WORK WITH WHAT YOU GOT IN CASH. BUDGETS ARE OD CRUCIAL WHEN YOU DONT HAVE THAT PERSON THERE THAT YOU CAN RUN TO AND BE LIKE "LEMME HOLD 200 SO I CAN PAY MY LIGHT BILL, I GOT YOU NEXT WEEK."

GET A RELIABLE USED CAR. DONT PAY MORE THAN 5K FOR THE SHIT AND IF YOU CAN SAVE UP AND BUY IT OUTRIGHT. MINIMIZE "PAYMENTS" CUZ "PAYMENTS" COME WITH FEES AND INTEREST AND ITS JUST YOU GETTIN RAPED AND PAYIN SOMEBODY TO PAY SOMEBODY. IF YOU KNOW A MECHANIC HAVE HIM CHECK YOUR SHIT OUT BEFORE YOU COP. HONDAS ARE THE MOVE YOU CAN DRIVE THOSE JOINTS TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF WITH MINIMAL WORK.

I DONT KNOW HOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS WITH YOUR SHORTY BUT REALISTICALLY MOVIN IN WITH A BITCH IS A BAD "FIRST"...NAHMEAN? GET A COUSIN OR ONE OF YOUR HOMEBOYS THAT WOULDNT GET ON SOME BITCH SHIT IF SHIT DIDNT WORK OUT. HELP HER FIND HER OWN SHIT AND YOU GET YOUR OWN SHIT AND YALL CAN HELP EACHOTHER OUT BUT FAM...FROM EXPERIENCE I CAN TELL YOU IT AINT THE SAME WHEN THE BITCH IN YOUR FACE 24-7. IT TAKES A SPECIAL KINDA BROAD TO NOT ONLY NOT ANNOY YOU, BUT MAKE YOU HAPPY WHEN YOU SEE HERE EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

MOVE INTO THE PART OF THE HOOD WITH THE LOWEST RENT, FUCK IF ITS A SHITTY NEIGHBORHOOD, YOU AINT GOT KIDS AND YOU SHOULDNT BE MOVIN IN WITH YA GIRL YET ANYWAY. YOU'LL HAVE MONEY LEFT OVER TO EAT HOW YOU WANT AND HAVE A LIL EXTRA MONEY FOR BUD OR SKATEBOARDS OR WHATEVER YOU GET DOWN WIT. IT'LL ALSO BUILD CHARACTER AND IS FUN FOR A DUDE LIVIN DOLO. ALSO, A BALLIN CRIB DOWNTOWN AND CAR PAYMENTS DONT MIX. SO IF YOU WANT BOTH YOU GOTTA COMPROMISE...JOB MARKET IS TOUGH HOMEBOY.

THE LESS SHIT YOU HAVE THE LESS SHIT YOU GOTTA MOVE/CLEAN/WORRY ABOUT. SPEND MONEY ON NECCESARY THINGS ONLY...UNTIL YOU SAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO MANEUVER YOUR SHIT. AND YO MY MOMS TAUGHT ME THIS...SAVE SOMETHING OUTTA EVERY PAYCHECK!! EVEN IF ITS 10 DOLLARS...YOU'LL THINK IT AINT SHIT BUT SAVE SOMETHING...BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'LL HAVE 25K SAVED THAT CAN GET YOU OUTTA TROUBLE IF TROUBLE FINDS YOU. THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF FOR NOW I GOT SOME MORE KNOWLEDGE TO KICK THOUGH BUT I GOTTA REUP MY COFFEE AND GO PUNCH A BITCH IN THE FACIAL. HOLLA.

From what i have learned...im in a similar situation to Twinky here...

STACK DOUGH NIGGA

if it's anything, that's the only thing i remember when i talk to all these older people i know. Always crying about how they wished they were saving bread going to school at my age.

Im at community college living in my mom's place for the moment, but im trying to bust ass on these grades and transfer to a 4 year. it also doesn't hurt that this community college is a sister school to a lot of the major colleges in the area and they give students who do well cake for school.

So if anything son start with school. that's where it can all begin or end. (from what I've heard)

From what i have learned...im in a similar situation to Twinky here...

STACK DOUGH NIGGA

if it's anything, that's the only thing i remember when i talk to all these older people i know. Always crying about how they wished they were saving bread going to school at my age.

Im at community college living in my mom's place for the moment, but im trying to bust ass on these grades and transfer to a 4 year. it also doesn't hurt that this community college is a sister school to a lot of the major colleges in the area and they give students who do well cake for school.

So if anything son start with school. that's where it can all begin or end. (from what I've heard)

WORD, WRAP UP SCHOOL, GET A HAIRCUT AND GO ON INTERVIEWS NONSTOP TILL YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.

ok real talk twink

Your 21 right?

DON'T MOVE IN WITH THIS BROAD!!!!!

Just dont do it. Who cares if she's on her own, that's not your problem.

Be real for half a second

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUUR LIFE ON TRACK WHEN OFF TOP YOU ARE WORRYING ABOUT HER LIFE!?! No matter what you think, the second you move in she becomes top priority weather you like it or not. YOu only been dating this broad for like a year or so and already you think she got impregnated by some other dude and now you want to move in with her? Really if she's fucking other dudes rawdawg like that you should have already kicked her to the curb before you catch herp or some other shit. Either way moving in with this young chick (she's like 18 too right?) is 100% incompatable with your plans.

Second, get a job. You say your credit is "perfect" but I'm guessing that just means you don't have anything good or bad, which means you ain't getting a loan. Work somewhere for about 6 months, stack paper, sell some blow in the club to your other tight pants hipster friends, and stack paper. Get a shitty cheap ass apt with one of your homies who you don't hate and also can stand to not be friends with if shit goes south. Stack paper, then invest, then stack more.

At some point take out some little 2000$ loans from your bank and just pay them back real quick. Don't even use the money, just pay it to build credit. After 6 months get a little car note for something used, if u got to get your moms to cosign the loan - she seen you work and live on your own for 6 months now and will be more willing.

After you got your car note under controll start looking at colleges. My high school record pretty much limited me to a big state school and that's it - I'm guessing you are the same deal. Go to school, work part time or sell drugs to students, and BUST YOUR ASS in school work. Make good connections with faculty! Second semester use those connections to get a transfer to a better private university. Try and get as much govt assistance as u can without doing like I did and winding up 60 grand in the hole.

Don't fuck with more than one credit card, and always pay it back - just have it to build credit. AND FUCKING WRAP IT UP!!!!

You ain't ready for no kid man... Wrap it up

If I was your age having a kid that would be terrible. Nobody should have a kid before they finish school, because your gonna have to wait untill your like 35 to get a degree.

craigslist, dunnie.

dont move in with the ol' lady...

bad news bears, son.

belie'me.....from a females standpoint of someone who has lived with COUNTLESS boyfriends...

it only ever worked with one...who i dated on and off for 6 years...

and now we're getting our 3rd apartment together in about a week...

ugh. i should probably take my own advice? but we're planning on doing the whole "settling down" thing.

and another off topic piece of advice?

dont get married too young.

god, i just got out of that mistake i made.

get'cher life right...but do it ALONE.

Yeah I actually moved in with my GF when I was 18 straight after graduation and lived with her for about a year before we broke up. Shit was cool untill I let her keep utilities in my name and her dumb ass moved without turning them off.

It actually wasn't all bad tho

But I was in a uniqu situation

Son, as fucked up as it sounds; not having a place to live is HER problem...If you make such a drastic move to accommodate her now shes going to be expecting you to look out for her from here on out...If those are you're plans for the future then fuck it go ahead and the best of luck to you guys...but if you have an inkling of doubt in your head about playing the part of "live in boyfriend" let her figure this out on her own

Take it from me son, my GF was pregnant with our child and dealing with a boatload of issues six months into our relationship...I figured fuck it let me take the plunge and move out with her, get married, the whole nine...I figured things were going to be tough for us but son I had no fucking clue what the world was about at 21...

everyone has already given you great advice.

whether you choose to follow that advice is on you. however, i assume you won't.

not because you're not smart, but because your young, dumb and full of cum.

we have great advice to give, cause we've already been through all that shit.

you won't understand our wisdom unless you go through it yourself.

that being said, i wish you luck, and hope you don't fuck up too bad.

you can always call me and i'll pretend adopt you and give your great motherly advice, and lead you on a righteous path.

Well, here's the truth-

If the first person you move out of the house with is your GF then chances are good that it's not going to go too well. Let your GF figure out her own situation. Don't get trapped in any obligations to her right now....if you're going to school I'd recommend staying at home, graduating and getting all that other stuff on track first, then worry about getting a place. If you're with her in a year after you got things together a little better then bring it up...but if you jump into this with all that on your plate, you're going to wind up being miserable and stressed out.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but you gotta put first things first right now. Moving in with your GF is going to be nice at first but it's going to get old for both of you really quick if you rush into it and the timing is off.

Listen to shai

Let her figure her own shit out.

Man, you're young.

Stay at home with your parents, finish school.

Save money.

Ride a bike.

Save money.

Work hard.

Save money.

Live it up on Friday night.

Get back to the grind on Saturday.

this

it's quality advice.

don't shoot yourself in the foot putting relationships before future/success