help needed from teh older heads, and possibly real talk from mero.

twinky the kid

So you were already established and my guess is that she didn't have any of the bills or the lease in her name, and when she left it didn't put you out too much. When it comes down to splitting up all the bills and responsibilities it turns into a whole different matter, though.

I agree that the only way to learn about all this is to do it and make some mistakes along the way, but by asking about the pitfalls he's being smart and going into it with some idea of what to expect. He's going to have to get out there and do all this eventually, and if we can help him by telling him what to avoid then that's a good thing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you were already established and my guess is that she didn't have any of the bills in her name or was on the lease and when she left it didn't put you out too much. When it comes down to splitting up all the bills and responsibilities it turns into a whole different matter, though.

Oh, yeah. I would NEVER split bills and shit with a woman. My girl lived with me and I 100% took care of her. I was fine with that, because that's how I wanted it to be from the beginning.

Moving in with a woman and expecting her to be rational, and help you handle half your shit? Epic fail waiting to happen

she has NO money to her name, because somehow her mom took over it.

the way i see it is, if i dont help her she's fucked.

As I said before since she's 18 taking the money is called theft, so either her mom straight up robbed her, or she's lying to you about it for some reason.

Moving in with a woman and expecting her to be rational, and help you handle half your shit? Epic fail waiting to happen

Well, millions of people all over the world do it and make it work, but it definitely takes some maturity and give and take. Your average 18 yo girl is just not ready for that kind of commitment, even if they swear up and down that they can make it work. Once they're out from under their parent's thumb it's usually party time and everything else is just details that tend to fall by the wayside.

Another thing that just dawned on me is why can't she move in with a friend till she gets on her feet?

The money issue sounds fishy as hell too. There's no good reason for her mom to be holding her cash unless it's in a trust that was set up for school or something, and if she's 18 then it's her money. But since she came into the money through a settlement, her mom shouldn't even be involved in the matter.

If it's true, it sounds like drama. If it's not, she's up to something. Be careful.

yeah, i fell you guys on that shit.

definitely keeping my guard up.

its weird because this couldnt have happened in a weirder time in my life so far.

i seriously feel like nothing(no emo).

like i dont want to do the school thing anymore.

i dont want to get a job.

i dont want to party anymore.

painting hardly comes to mind annymore.

i seriously dont have any real passion for anything anymore

so right now this whole thing is real uncomfortable.

but once again, i really appreciate all the advice given.

and i do know i gotta do all this shit and find out how it is in the end.

so hope for the best, expect the worst.

YOU GOTTA MAN UP AND JUST START DOING IT, KID. NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU GOTTA JUST GO LOOK FOR A JOB TOMORROW AND START RIGHT THERE.

STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

WE LAID ENOUGH SHIT DOWN FOR YOU, THAT'S ALL ANYONE CAN DO FOR ANYONE. IT'S YOUR TURN TO DO YOUR SHIT NOW, YOU GOT ALL THE OPPORTUNITY AND NO EXCUSE. YOU AIN'T IN NO THIRD WORLD COUNTRY SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN.

i can see how having a car is good for other jobs etc.

i live 6 blocks from where i work. and anything i would ever need is less than a mile away from me.

i guess if i had to add something, try to get all these new things in your life going with efficiency. affordable place to live, work close to home if possible. and don't get all hung up on feeling like nothing or having no inspiration/motivation. just get busy, then stay busy, and new things will enter your life.

im in the same position as you twinky

not that im desperate to move out

but im fairly young and making my way and all that jazz

theres alot of old losers and nay sayers who will try to tell you growing up is like climbing a mountain. However it is not. Here are some numbers that i hope will encourage you

lets say you pay 1200$ a month for a one bedroom apt. Clearly this is not the norm but the going rate for a decent place in new york city (arent you from li twinky?)

with cellphone,communications(cable,net,),utilities,and a monthly metro going for 100$ a month each. clearly an estimate as i would hope no one really pays a hundred dollars a month for their cell or lightbill

and 2oo a month on food

14,400-rent

4,800-(uti,cable, etc)

2,400-food

=

$21,600 a year.

the poverty line is $30,000 a year my friend

unless you have no papers and are selling tacos on the avenue

or flowers at the airport you should be making ATLEAST IF NOT MORE THAN 30,000

however i expect an english speaking american born citizen like your self can def pull atleast 40g's. Mind you this leaves you with a good 10,000 a year to save!!!

im not saying that you wil save all that but i think its very possible to save atleast 2,3 g's a year? and that adds up. AGAIN THIS IS ON A 30,000 A YEAR SALARY and this isnt to mention side cash from racking hustling etc ITS VERY DOABLE just have some sense of self control dont pick up a coke problem or waste your life away jumping from dept store to dept store your whole life bro

yaay fiscal responsibility

and heres another idea

if your a real gangsta and your credit is as good as you say it is

get a few dollars, and a dream and start a business

interest rates are insanely low and as

a former loan consultant i can tell you

the only thing you need for a businessloan right now is good credit and some downpayment

scared of fucking up? its all good thats why theres the great american institution of bankruptcy.

• Like 1

yeah, i fell you guys on that shit.

definitely keeping my guard up.

its weird because this couldnt have happened in a weirder time in my life so far.

i seriously feel like nothing(no emo).

like i dont want to do the school thing anymore.

i dont want to get a job.

i dont want to party anymore.

painting hardly comes to mind annymore.

i seriously dont have any real passion for anything anymore

so right now this whole thing is real uncomfortable.

but once again, i really appreciate all the advice given.

and i do know i gotta do all this shit and find out how it is in the end.

so hope for the best, expect the worst.

start saving for japan. lets make it happen br0.

:lol:

Holy effin sheep shit - kill yourself already.

Ch.0 is not your private twitter - who gives a fuck about the daily faggotry that is your life.

realtalk^^

seriously...twinky are your 14?

i damn sure dont know everything about life..but this situation that your in is a no-brainer..

matter or fact, if i was in your shoes it wouldnt even be a situation at all..

what the fuck does shorty's parents moving away have to do with you?

you her pops nigga? no.

even if i was filthy rich a bitch aint movin in with me..your like 20 years old..drink beer and go to college..

and isnt this the same broad that was feelin some other nigga last week?

pull your head out of your ass b.

• Like 1

realtalk^^

seriously...twinky are your 14?

i damn sure dont know everything about life..but this situation that your in is a no-brainer..

matter or fact, if i was in your shoes it wouldnt even be a situation at all..

what the fuck does shorty's parents moving away have to do with you?

you her pops nigga? no.

even if i was filthy rich a bitch aint movin in with me..your like 20 years old..drink beer and go to college..

and isnt this the same broad that was feelin some other nigga last week?

pull your head out of your ass b.

people are focusing on his gf way too much

there you go.

One time I asked for advise from ch0. got told I should dump my girl. Thought to myself who the fuck are these guys to give me that advice. Now 5 years later it was some of the best advice I have ever been given, I didnt listen when I was told and girl ended up fucking me over.

Nice thing about the shit you hear on this site is how non-objective it is, no one knows you. No emotional attachment breeds logic !!!!!!

Get the fuck away from this girl and get to work on something positive for you !!!! YOU WILL NOT BE WITH THIS GIRL FOR TOO LONG ANYWAY, Why drag it out for a learning experience?

Or some self-glorified hero shit.