help needed from teh older heads, and possibly real talk from mero.

twinky the kid

yeah brah, do things for yourself at this point, youll be rewarded in the long run. esp by yourself, knowing that you can take care of yourself.

then after'

down the road you and her can get a place together. thats a true test, see which way she'll go'

by you handling your business and her handling hers '

and if it all works out

youll both feel as if it was worth it.

then you know you can both take care of things as a couple

instead of finding out you come home and she hadn't done a damn thing all day while your out busting your ass to keep the lights on.

this is actually a good thing that you guys can try and figure out where your both going in life at this point..this will reveal what kind of person she really is.

maybe this is a sign' that you guys must split your own ways before maybe she gets pregnant?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say all this from a perspective of having done a version of everything you have been talking about (to twinky).

I just finished school last year (undergrad). Got involved with a girl I was friends with and had a crush on for four years of school. We decided to move to California together. When we got here, she sorta freaked out about being/living together and did some trifling shit. I got heartbroken, but decided the best thing for me (as to avoid a worse financial situation than we were already in) was to stay living with her until I figured my shit out. I got a job, got a bike, and got happy. Her and I worked a majority of our shit out, but shit is still tough. We just went through a terminated pregnancy and I fear what other things can fuck up in my life.

There are two things I have learned from all this, adult hood is fucking horrible, and if you want something to work and so does the other person you can try for it, it may happen it may not.

Most of what MERO said about it taking a special sort of woman to be tolerable 24/7 is true, however one thing you should know, is that no matter what, there will be moments where you want to rip her beautiful little head off (this morning is one of those for me). And honestly I contemplate pretty regularly what it would be like to live without her, let alone not be together. That in and of itself is probably indicative of what path I need to go on myself, but I am more of a see where time takes me kind of person.

And as far as saying adulthood sucks. It just seems pretty pointless, at least when trying to complete college there was a tangible goal. The simple response is, well, set some goals. I have, but right now I am accomplishing them and it is boring/weak as fuck. Get a job, start your life, prepare for grad school. Ugh. Not on some fight club fuck society tip, but fuck society. I need a vacation.

Sorry for the rant. Last bit of advice, I agree whole heartedly with the get a place without roomates deal. Find a job where you can dedicate from 700-1100 to rent and find a place for yourself. While it is fun to live with people, it can also be the ultimate undoing to your sanity. And if you do choose to live with someone, do it with someone you know. Living with strangers mostly sucked in college and it sucks even worse in real life.

But yeah, blah.

her mom decided to take it all and put it away so she couldnt get her hands on it.

but anyways...fuck that bitch.

Please explain this further. I thought she was 18 from the other thread. This is kind of interesting because if she is 18, her mother has no claim whatsoever on the money nor can she put it into any kind of trust.... Unless she's bullshitting you for some reason.

Edit: Or she's younger and you're statutorying her, which I could care fuck all about but in which case she should be taking her mother to court for grabbing her settlement money and leaving the country. Preferably before she leaves with all the money.

Unfortunately, I think MG is right...no matter what we tell you, it's really not going to sink in until you fuck up.

When I was 20, I got caught up in a similar situation. This girl I was dating had some friends who were moving out of a really big, cheap apartment into a bigger spot in the same complex and they told her "You should move in, we can be neighbors!"

We had just started dating (I met her in December, this came up in March), and I liked the girl enough to block out all the warning signs about her (drinking problem, bipolar, total slob, jealous, possessive, etc) and moved in with her...anyway, it became pretty clear that she had no real regard for what was going on around her (getting tattoos and going out drinking before paying bills, not cleaning shit, etc) when I was working two jobs and barely squeaking by. Of course, I got depressed after a few months of pulling 75% of the weight in a 50/50 situation and having to go home after working from 7:30 am till 8:00 pm to clean while my 22 yo GF went out drinking with her friends..and I couldn't go because I was underage.

Instead of her picking up on why I was bummed out, she decided to take my depression as a sign of weakness and rode my ass telling me that I need to straighten out or we were done. I told her to get bent, packed a couple bags, and left for a couple weeks to get my head right. Well, instead of giving the space I needed she called her parents, my dad, my friends, her friends, and the Dallas Cowboys to tell them that I had been abusive (ha) and that I had walked out on her, and so on. Everyone figured out that it was all bullshit, so they told her that they weren't getting involved and that I was fine, I just needed a break, etc.

She then proceeds to show up at my ex-GF's work and start screaming at her telling her that if she finds out I've been hanging out with her she'll have both of us killed, etc. My ex (who I was on strained terms with at best) calls me at work and asks me what the fuck is going on, and I tell her the story...surprisingly she didn't give me the whole "I told you so" speech, but said "well, if she does it again I'm calling the cops" and I said that was fine by me.

In the end I wound up moving out with her owing me $800 and her telling people that if she ever saw me she'd kill me because I fucked her over. She ended up getting someone to move in, who promptly moved out for exactly the same reasons.

So, yeah...it's a lot of fun....definitely a great learning experience. You'll love it.

Twinky ... A few of the girls have dropped some gems here for you. As well as the dudes being spot on. Good luck using the advice given here.

One thing to add on the age thought. Dont even think a girl who is under 25 is capable of having a lasting relationship. I have seen so many dudes have "the one" bail on them when girl is somewhere between 21 and 26 and "just needs to see whats out there."

• Like 1

Twinky ... A few of the girls have dropped some gems here for you. As well as the dudes being spot on. Good luck using the advice given here.

One thing to add on the age thought. Dont even think a girl who is under 25 is capable of having a lasting relationship. I have seen so many dudes have "the one" bail on them when girl is somewhere between 21 and 26 and "just needs to see whats out there."

on point on the age thing. its like most females wig out around 25. regardless if they have kids or not.

its probably been said

but what happened to moving to japan???

my only advice, loans are terrible. the only loans i will ever take out is a school loan. for everything else, if i can't buy it with cash, then i don't need it. also cars suck. not having one saves you tons of money. so if you live somewhere that is bicycle friendly/has good mass transit, use it.

i'm sure those suggestions have already been said.

you gotta get out there and surround yourself with the most disgusting scumbag lowlives you can find and get into some crack smoking prostitution and theft

my moms once told me thats how you figure out life

My mom told me that you could only learn if you shared heroin needles with HIV+ people... it's different it different areas I think.

cars suck. not having one saves you tons of money. so if you live somewhere that is bicycle friendly/has good mass transit, use it.

says the nigga riding his bike in the snow all winter... I couldnt live with out two vehicles...

I remember when I was 20.. My girl at the time was 18 just finished high school and we moved outta our small home town to a big city...

long story short..

it didnt work and was a nightmare..

Don't listen to anyone advising you against getting a car. They're awesome

Honestly dude, moving out isn't hard. I moved out when I was 18, and in the last 3 years I've lived in a few different kind of apartments, with different people (including my girl), and in the end it either works, or you find a new situation

Life isn't nearly as hard as people make it seem

hahahaa.

awesome.

yeah i really do need another car.

i wish my first one never would have gotten totaled by that drunkfuck.

either way i got some more elaboration to do for some of you guys about this:

first off, i DO NOT want to move in with her, to be honest.

and yes shes 18, but technically an immigrant.

she has NO money to her name, because somehow her mom took over it.

the way i see it is, if i dont help her she's fucked.

and i for some reason cant let that happen, as dumb as it is.

If you need a car where you live, then get one but you don't need to go into debt doing it.

Swamp, it's great moving out with your GF worked out well for you, but something tells me that Twinky is not wrapped too tight especially with all the shit he has on his plate right now. Moving in with his GF at this point is in all likelihood going to be a huge setback, doubly so if she's never lived on her own and is used to having her folks take care of everything.

Let's put it this way...if he ignores what everyone is telling him and moves in with her then my guess is that most of the hassles and headaches he's going to run into have all been covered in this thread. If saying that means I'm just being negative, then that's all right...this isn't exactly my first rodeo, and me and everyone else is just trying to save him some grief.

Oh no no...I didn't move out with my girl. I was living in my 3rd apartment, with 4 other people already there, and she moved in with me. And it didn't work out. It was fun, but she moved out after like 6 months because she wasn't happy anymore

What I was trying to say is that the only way to learn is trial and error, and that it's not as difficult as people make it sound