iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
im debating jailbreaking my 4..

i really dont see why I should.

Seriously? Honestly, if i had to use a non-jailbroken iPhone, i wouldn't -- i would never use one (go Android!).

There are countless tweaks and additions that i just couldn't do without. Most of which are things that Apple should have included to begin with.

I can not begin to list everything, but some musts for me are:

• 1) biteSMS (or equivalent): Being able to see/reply/hide texts right from the lock screen. I can not fathom having to unlock and open the stock text app every time i receive a text in order to reply.

• 2) SBSettings: Having to find your Settings icon, open it, find a setting like WiFi or brightness just to toggle it on or off is ridiculous. With SBSettings, all i have to do is swiper the time in the status bar up top and i have all my toggles readily available.

• 3) Backgrounder: REAL multitasking. I should be able to listen to Pandora and chat on AIM while listening to Pandora. the new iOS4 is NOT true backgrounding.

Other great additions, but not exactly 'must-haves':

• 4) Complete customization. Custom icons, sounds, ringtones, fonts, etc. For free.

• 5) Intelliscreen: Show any and all information right on your lock screen. Emails, texts, calender, weather, RSS feeds, etc.

• 6) Being able to tether my phone to any computer (to share your phone Data plan with your laptop, etc) without whatever extra monthly fee AT&T makes you pay ($20 extra or something ridiculous).

• 7) iBlacklist: Block unwanted numbers.

• 8) TV-Out: Watch videos on any TV!

• 9) Emulators: NES, SNES, Gameboy, PS1...etc etc.

• 10) Download and install any app for free (the only illegal part).

And that's without mentioning being able to unlock it to free yourself of AT&T. The list really goes on and on.

I think the question really is: I don't really know why i shouldn't.

Could you post your Cydia packages? Names and such. It's hard to find the good ones from the shady ones that suck.

I can have a list made once i'm home tonight.

Is there a way to tether without blackra1n or paying through AT&T ?

Go to jailbreakme.com from your phone and jailbreak. No need for blackra1n. Though, if you meant without jailbreaking, which is a no -- unless you grabbed this sneaky app while it was on the AppStore: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/720037-handy-light-hides-free-tethering-app.html

do you fellas know a good wifi-finding app? free or not, as long as its good

i dont have an iphone, just an itouch so my interwebzzzz flow on the go isnt where i want to be.

I use WiFiFoFum as i don't have a data plan.

^ add this repo

Sinfuliphonerepo.com (lower case)

Here u will find most crack apps. Remember that the jb for ios4 iPhone was just relase give the dev time to make their apps compatible. Otherwise go to sinfuliphone and xsellize.com for uptodate info.

Sorry typing on iPhone so ignore my grammatical errors