iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

Bojangles, you are running the jailbreak on the touch ipod right? The issue is with the new carrier data and the unlock, so touches arent affected since they have no cellular modems

the BLACKSN0W unlock causes the problems, but the blackra1n jailbreak alone is perfectly stable

I had the same problems pistol had with the unlock, and it was very unstable, disconnected from the internet, dropped service about 10 times a day or more, and locked up my phone after about a week twice.

the third time I didnt unlock and it is working great for me. Im teathering via WiFi right now

Northernlights - yes you are cirrect - restarting your phone can make it lock up, as can resetting the carrier data

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mosluggo most likely if it's made by someone other than apple there's a slight risk of it not working...

And when u dock it, it's going to play at the loudest level it can.. If you have it connected to your sound sys.. You control your vol Thru it... I have an apple dock n works fine... I had a belkin one and it didn't work... Also depends if u have an iPhone or iPod..

Hope dis helps...

• Like 1

im tethering, ive tethered with my blackjack before i had the iphone, never got a charge. The cellular data is no different and as of right now they dont monitor, so unless you are tethering like over 10 gigs of data a month youll be alright. Ive downloaded torrents of movies several times over tethered 3g

Soooo, I'm thinking about painting an Iphone case for a friend as a cheapo X-Mas present...

Any advice, tips, hints and otherwise good info for me? Specifically wondering what the best type of paint to go with is. I was thinking of going with a light sanding, Model Car paint, and then hitting it up with a clear coat of some sort. I have access to pretty much everything and anything except powder coating. And I don't want to fux with vinyl. What's good.

This may have been already covered, if so point ya' boy in the right direction. A big thanks in advance to whoever has the proper advice.

Cheers.

I had the same problems pistol had with the unlock, and it was very unstable, disconnected from the internet, dropped service about 10 times a day or more, and locked up my phone after about a week twice.

the third time I didnt unlock and it is working great for me. Im teathering via WiFi right now

Details on what tethering method you're using now?

I've been noticing the dropped service shit more lately. It isn't much of an issue, since i don't spend much time on my phone, but it is an annoyance when i am and the service goes from perfect to gone. I've had no issues with it locking up my phone, but if there is a better way to tether other than unlocking, i'm all ears.

blackrain worked great for me. way faster and stable than others.

not sure if it was the blacksnow or the tethering software chupa posted in here that made my connection shaky. unless your going to tether alot id recommend against blacksnow and that tethering program.