The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inside_millldrinks.jpg

we sell these bad boys at this new bar I'm working at, I've got a select amount of customers who come back for that shit. Has anyone tried the "ginger brew" that they make? I was thinking of using it for a dark and stormy cocktail if it's more on the "ginger beer" side of things.

inside_millldrinks.jpg

we sell these bad boys at this new bar I'm working at, I've got a select amount of customers who come back for that shit. Has anyone tried the "ginger brew" that they make? I was thinking of using it for a dark and stormy cocktail if it's more on the "ginger beer" side of things.

Their cappuccino stout is goddamn amazing.

I am about to kill the beer game when I get off work

Tentative Line up:

compiledsmall.jpg

Yes, the big one.

rr.jpg

Splitting a case of this with my neighbor

Mikkeller3.jpg

Mikkeller Black

nogne-porter.jpg

This is so good. Thank you Norway.

3350969447_ff01a4372e.jpg

Barley wine from the same brewery as the Porter above. Haven't tried this yet.

70647.jpg

Third time having this beer. So sour, so awesome. If any of yall know what lemon lime lucas salt is, it is sort of like that, but in beer form.

27992.jpg

I haven't had this one yet. But I am buying it in a 22oz.

old-rasputin-12.jpg

North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin 12th Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. This thing needs to sit for about a year before I am gonna touch it.

aaaand i think im done.

Damn crooked.

I just had this last night,

2815841915_939dd1f612.jpg?v=0

Fancy? Nope. Decent? Yes, but the stout is better.

I haven't been ontop of my beer game for a minute now since I'm back home from school. When I get back though, it's on. So many little ma and pa type shops around the area with strange beers.

old-rasputin-12.jpg

North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin 12th Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. This thing needs to sit for about a year before I am gonna touch it.

Good goddamn. how much did this cost you/how big of a run did they do of it? if i can't find that shit at any of my local liquor stores, what would it take to get you to send me a bottle or 3?

Good goddamn. how much did this cost you/how big of a run did they do of it? if i can't find that shit at any of my local liquor stores, what would it take to get you to send me a bottle or 3?

They are 18.99

I ended up not picking it up.

I'll post up the full set of things from yesterday today or tomorrow sometime.

It looks beautiful.

If you can't find it. I am sure we can work a trade out or some such.

I never had access to Old Rasputin until last month, and now that i can get it readily, i'm loving it. I think i like Stone's Russian Imperial stout a tad bit better, but i've never had them side by side, or even in the same week, to really get a close comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if the 12th anniversary Old Rasputin takes the cake on russian imperials though.

That price tag is pretty steep, but i'm still going to have to see if i can't find a bottle of it around here.

all this fancy beer errbody seems to drink on.

All it does is fill me up

i cant drink enough to get drunk

I can't speak for everybody, but i know there are a lot of us on here who don't always drink with the sole intention of getting drunk. If i'm just going to have a beer with dinner or sip on a few beers, i'd rather drink something i'm going to really enjoy. If i'm trying to get shitty drunk, i'm probably not going to be drinking expensive beers, but its also a lot easier to get buzzed off of a few beers that are like 10% abv than it is drinking a ton of shitty pisswater light beer.