Hedgehogs (uuum. yes)

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 50million
so. i am looking to get a hedgehog. hedgehogs are illegal where i live.

i need to know if anyone here knows of a "black market" for these things.

random fact: baby hedgehogs are called hoglets.

im looking into getting one too. i went to NY....no luck, NV too....I'm in CA. I'm pretty sure they are illegal in CA, PA and Hawaii only.

if you find a place, let me know

hedgehog.JPG

they're illegal here too. we had to drive to massachusetts to get ours. they had one in this reeeeal sketchy pet shop 'round the corner, but they were charging like five c's for it. fuck that.<br><br>have fun! they are fucking cute as shit, and if you put them in the bathtub with a couple inches of water, they swim!

i worked at a pet store and the novelty of the hedgehog wore off real quick,

also having to go to a pet store everyweek to buy crickets for them would suck as well.

the ones that i handle bit me pretty fucking hard. their quills would make my hands turn pink

and swell up so i would have to wear gloves when handling them. im sure there are nice

ones out there but no matter how much i tried to handle them to get them used to people they would

just puff up into a ball.

the chinchilla however first time i opened the cage would come out climb on my shoulder and just chill

i gave him fruit and he let me pet him for long as i liked. im sure theres nasty ones out there as well

but i thought they would make a cool pet. ive mostly had ferrets in college. some were awesome

and some were little bastards but all in all pretty cool. the stink factore was the biggest draw back

and the constant changing of the litter was a hassle.

cats are hands down the easiest pet to take care of.

dogs are like kids and can never be left alone too long because they need to be walked.

my 2 cents

Hedgehogs are legal in Ny. They sell them down the way from my house. Hedgehogs are actually pretty smart, and if you spend enough time with them, they'll do tricks.

As compared to a Chinchilla, I'd have to go with a hog. I've had a bunch of Chinchillas, they are very, VERY susceptible to diseases. And If they get diahrrea theres two choices you can make, take them to the vet, and drop 600, or watch them slowly die.

I've also had a flying squirrel, and they're probably the worst. They always go underneath your clothes, and then you get some real nice scratches from their fucking claws. And they bite. Oh yea, also, because they have to have a tall cage, they climb up the side of the cage, and piss out of it.

If anyone is thinking about a flying squirrel, i say get a sugar glider, much easier to deal with.

This is the best small pet I've ever had.

photo-sto-3.jpg

Short-tailed Possum. Pretty awesome.

yeah sugar gliders are pretty cute too.

ive never met anyone that had one though

i've seen them in the wild. they're pretty rad. you can't own them here though, i have no idea how they were exported to the states, probably through papua new guinea or some lawless neighbouring country that also has them native. pisses me off i can't have one.

Yeah full grown possums are nasty looking. When I was about 7 I used to walk the two blocks or so home after school and there was a dead one that decomposed little by little every day. It took them weeks to get rid of it, by the time they did it was basically a skeleton.