Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Guys,

Kem raises a good point and its something we are actually working on, while we're quite confident in our product this is one area we'd like to work on and are doing so, but like Rustofills said its not a critical area for us, as someone stated many good reds do bleed through. This is good if your bombing as stated above, not so great in Kems situation when he's trying to do a light outline. But it is something we're working on and are well aware of.

In other news someone's been spreading false rumours about the toxicology of Ironlak. check this link for the facts.

http://www.ironlak.com/learnmore/2009/08/styrofoam-and-heath-of-our-product.html

IMG_2018.jpg.1ac96b51785625eede273db753647cec.jpg

Ironwak! Im collecting blocked cans to throw through your office windows hahaha..I don't want to shake my cans like im a.d.d when im trying to be low. Only good for fill, the price explains the quality...Aeroskills is better for the same price.

thats laughable. Aeroskills own writer team all quit on them, that should tell u something.

Ironwak! Im collecting blocked cans to throw through your office windows hahaha..I don't want to shake my cans like im a.d.d when im trying to be low. Only good for fill, the price explains the quality...Aeroskills is better for the same price.

Vicious, because were a company that cares we're happy to give you some good common sense advice. Shake your cans before you go out, that way they work, you get the job done, you don't draw unwanted attention to yourself and you don't come on here blaming us.

You don't even need to shake them that much really !!

Ironlak how do you test pressure on the cans with regards to temprature.

I recently did a piece with some in Boston USA with the usual quality results ironlak gives (firm supporter of Ironlak) it was a summer's day and very hot but quite dry.

Then I wnet to montreal and it was a summer day but not like we'd have in Australia and the paint pressure seemed to have doubled and wouldn't spray clean lines and was really hard to work with which seemed really strange.

Does humidity have any bearing on the pressure of the cans or is it strictly temperature?

or does excessive shaking have any bearing on it? Just because the day before the cans were in the luggage hold of a greyhound bus so maybe that's it.

and fuck aeroskills completely. awful awful paint (except the the satin periwinkle which is a nice colour)

Schnitzel the answer is temperature. The hotter a can of almost anything condensed /or pressurized. The higher the pressure is going to be, not just a can of paint. Even shaving cream can have a higher pressure when it's hot enough.

The only factors I can think of which involve humidity in the case of a cans function, would be the little rubber O-ring at the actuator of the can. ( The top where you the spray cap fits in.) Were as humidity could moisturize the o-ring and swell it up a little thus providing a tighter fit between the can and the spray nozzle. As opposed to if that same o-ring was to dry and likly to and up resulting in a leaker / blown can. Because the o-ring could be to dry and crack allowing paint to provide the above action. ( POPPING leaking paint and lossing pressure.) This again is something that can happen with ANY female styled can or brand of paint.

The only thing excessive shaking will do is mix your paint well.

One trick to try and provent a o-ring from cracking in a dry environment is either to spit in to the little hole on the top of the can where you fit the cap or drop a little oil in there about a hour or more before useing said can. But that trick is no guarantee the can will not leak.

If you think about it. Its like trying to provent ripping your girls asshole appart when butt banging her.

• Like 1

Ironlak, i have a question.

I've been a loyal oink supporter for years. He was a big supporter of ironlak when it came over, and I believe, that he was your wholesaler when you didnt have a warehouse here. I also know that he is one of, if not your biggest customer. Why is it, that with such a large customer, you allow other companies, like 33third get products before oink? I know his bills are paid on time simply through talking to him. Why is it that you do not seem to show support to your best customer, someone who has supported your brand since the beginning? Seems a poor business model, but i guess it falls in line with not testing your valves and allowing mass amounts of leakers onto the market. I like your paint, I like it a lot, but thinkin about it more, and being a loyal supporter of oink, and then not being able to get your new products like lil laks because of some stupid non support for him from ya'll, it makes me curious.

on the distributing tip^

ive been trying to convince my local artstore to start carrying ironlak instead of overrated/overpriced german montana. being that your product is of better quality and more economical for both parties. they said they would consider it if i give them the contact info of a distributor here in the states. so whatever help you can offer will be appreciated.

Ironlak, i have a question.

I've been a loyal oink supporter for years. He was a big supporter of ironlak when it came over, and I believe, that he was your wholesaler when you didnt have a warehouse here. I also know that he is one of, if not your biggest customer. Why is it, that with such a large customer, you allow other companies, like 33third get products before oink? I know his bills are paid on time simply through talking to him. Why is it that you do not seem to show support to your best customer, someone who has supported your brand since the beginning? Seems a poor business model, but i guess it falls in line with not testing your valves and allowing mass amounts of leakers onto the market. I like your paint, I like it a lot, but thinkin about it more, and being a loyal supporter of oink, and then not being able to get your new products like lil laks because of some stupid non support for him from ya'll, it makes me curious.

It might POSSIBLY be because of wider customer base.

Meaning that other sites might have more customers than oink. ( I doubt it though )

I've been running caps from them for a while now and I'm happy with the shipping.

That being said, there are many factors as to which distributor gets the latest products first.

You'll just have to wait until the 'laK gets here to answer that question himself.

2-C+C-2,

Oink is very much a valuable customer of Ironlak, and someone we'd like to think we have a great relationship with, that isn't to say of late we haven't slipped up when it comes service etc. There was clearly a communication breakdown that resulted in us letting down Oink which we've apologized for and from what i can gather taken steps to ensure it doesn't happen in future.

There are times when we do ship customers products at the same time (in this case it didn't happen) and unfortunately some customers have a longer transit time than others. If our warehouse was based elsewhere then different customers would be dissadvantaged. We are again looking at options here to better support customers that are located further from our warehouse.

We're a company run by humans, mistakes are bound to happen, but when we make them we do put our hand up and take responsibility for them, we also do our best to deal with the problem promptly so that its no something that has long-term consequences either.

That being said, we appreciate that you are such a loyal customer of Oink, he works hard to build that customer loyalty and while we don't mind answering your questions we do our best to be as transparent with our customers as we can some points you raised could probably have been better answered by us on an email rather than public forum.

In this case we're also sorry we let you down indirectly by not getting the Little Lak cans to Oink.

Thanks

Schnitzel,

We're at a loss at to the reasons for the increased pressure, the only thing we can think of is although the outside temperature was less in Montreal were the cans sitting in more direct sunlight there by heating them and increasing the MPA of the propellant? This is the only thing we can think of.

Obviously as you mentioned pressured increases and decreases with the temperature but humidity will really only affect the finish of the paint on the surface something we work pretty hard at given we sell in some humid environments.

If you encounter the problem again let us know, but you can lets some of the gas out of the can, it will lower the pressure and about 15 seconds worth of gas isn't going to leave you with a half full can of paint and no gas as the gas itself is quite light.

Sorry we couldn't really give you more help.

2-C+C-2,

Oink is very much a valuable customer of Ironlak, and someone we'd like to think we have a great relationship with, that isn't to say of late we haven't slipped up when it comes service etc. There was clearly a communication breakdown that resulted in us letting down Oink which we've apologized for and from what i can gather taken steps to ensure it doesn't happen in future.

There are times when we do ship customers products at the same time (in this case it didn't happen) and unfortunately some customers have a longer transit time than others. If our warehouse was based elsewhere then different customers would be dissadvantaged. We are again looking at options here to better support customers that are located further from our warehouse.

We're a company run by humans, mistakes are bound to happen, but when we make them we do put our hand up and take responsibility for them, we also do our best to deal with the problem promptly so that its no something that has long-term consequences either.

That being said, we appreciate that you are such a loyal customer of Oink, he works hard to build that customer loyalty and while we don't mind answering your questions we do our best to be as transparent with our customers as we can some points you raised could probably have been better answered by us on an email rather than public forum.

In this case we're also sorry we let you down indirectly by not getting the Little Lak cans to Oink.

Thanks

I think the lil laks are useless, just like montana micros and such, it was just the principal behind it.

If you expect to hear only good things on 12oz and have all the bad things said through email, thats stupid. You're a startup company who clearly cares about how your product is being received by its customer base, which is amazing, you dont see that too often. Its a good way to do business, but on the same hand, your customers should also be aware of shady business practices that you seem to employ. Thats how a public forum works.

• Like 1