Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NoExceptions,

I believe someone has replied too you. Many writers across the USA paint freights and haven't experienced this problem. We're looking into it but its news to us. We've heard from other writers that the FEC cars have a specially applied polymer to be graffiti proof. We've also found various other examples of FEC cars that have shown similar problems to your piece that haven't been painted with Ironlak, which could suggest its an across the board problem rather than Ironlak specific.

Get back to the guy whom has emailed you, but putting shit like that above is really unnecessary when none of us know conclusively the reason for it to be that way.

Thanks

The ironlak I have used hasnt faded. The only issues I have had is exploding. But those are Ironlaks leakers from last year. The New stuff I have used has worked fine, with no unexpected issues. Im pretty sure they are close to getting all the bugs worked out. You can trust the basic colors for sure. I have pieces that ran for a year without fadeing. But they where not exposed to the sun as much as a freight would be.

With all that said. You can trust the dark colors for sure. Like Midnight Blue, Soviet Red and Eggplant just to name a few. All of those seem to be holding on stronge.

I just recieved my first Ironlak cans, 20 of em, and rocked my first Ironlak piece which happened to be on a fr8.. I wrote "Ironlak Outdoor Test Part 1"next to my piece...My cars eventually ALWAYS come back to this spot...Time will tell and I will document fading if any.

The paint is smooth, buttery, controllable and thick. Worked beautifully with black dots and grey dots.. Produced Clean lines and it seemed to dry fast...The fr8 took the paint well, no drips...

Until I see For Myself that my fr8 pieces are fading, I will continue to buy this paint...Its thick, covers well and affordable..Big ups to IRONLAK....(For Now)

i have some pieces almost a year old and no signs of fading and aging yet...i have a spot that gets a very good amount of light. in the wide open no underpass or anything to block or shield it. some pieces ive done there have been on a rolled wall some straight concrete wall. its been a few months on some of the pieces i did with lak...nothin yet..we'll see in a year or somethin i guess...as for now i swear by lak and rusto. good shit fellas.

So far not one of the pieces I have used ironlak on have shown signs of fading. But with that said. I havent seen any of the fr8s I have used it on yet. I think its pretty safe to say the piece this guy was talking about got exposed to some sorta extreme evironmental exposure not to mention possibly painted over concrete dust or something along those lines. Or it could as simple as the type of paint used on the actual fr8 car resisted the ironlak. Kinda like a anti graffiti type of top coat. Its not unheard of. I still think its a quilty paint. Even if I have had so many issues with the leakers tht I bought before they were known as leakers.

As for the statement ( Well they cant whine about it fading if they wont do anything to prevent it. ) posted by Johnneh. I still thinks its pointless to bother useing a clear coat of a fr8 piece. You shouldnt have to. Its graffiti not fine art or a legal type gig where someone wants it to run in the sunn for years on the side of a store or some shit.

So I rocked my 2nd IRONLAK freight last night...This paint is the fucking jim jam.....The control and softness of BELTON cans mixed with the thickness of a RUSTO-MONTANA blend....I cant get past the smell, but its growing on me. Someone mentioned above it has a hint of cocoa butter scent, which is what i would compare it to....The dynamics of the LAK cans are dialed in to atleast 99%..Theyve got it formulated perfectly....

Buy this paint, I'm loving it......

Kem...

*On a side note Ironlak has some compatibility issues that need to be resolve on red based colors, the bleed through is retarded. As a result the outline has some serious graffiti Rosea not a good look when you're flex'n to get laid. (*The build up)...... Over all a great product at a great price run by solid people who support the scene.....no butt hurt!

This photo has notes. Move your mouse over the photo to see them.

Crackteeth. I think what hes saying, is how the red is visable through some other colors. I have actualy had year old ironlak Soviet Red bleed through a roll job. Not to stronge but it was visable until I hit the roll over with another light coat. But still its not a issue that should be considered a real problem. Its a sign of a really good paint. Just let it dry enough before you do any cleaning you need to.

you people are talking like this is bad|!|!|!

this is a good thing for when some local hero trys clean up the street with the old tin of house paint in his shed, your tags are still gonna show...... youll just look like a pussy who bombs with pink paint haha

but seriously iron laks were so shit about a year ago so i can't really believe your story rustofills

I am forced to prove my statement.

The top part of this image shows clearly that the ironlak soveit red is still bleeding through the double roll job. You can see the top corners from the letters of a piece done one year before. Look in the marked area.

beforeafter1.jpg

If you ask me. Thats a good paint