Ironlak

androidx

New video is up. We've got a few USA based video's coming soon as well.

http://www.ironlak.com/learnmore/2009/06/sofles-reals-x-ironlak-you-tube-video.html

Ps. Thanks for the support guys and the feedback on the paint, good or bad its always appreciated and we'll just continue to refine and perfect what we think is already a pretty solid all round paint.

Peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironlak is a great paint and my main choice. One thing that is forever bugging me though is the lid and the extra caps. I think what has been done with the limited edition cans is much better. The lid is a ridiculous waste of plastic as is the three caps. The black NY thing's are terrible and get thrown in the bin strait away and the stock cap is just as annoying. The first thing I do, as do many other people I know is remove all 4 things and chuck em. You should do what gold's or even MTN do and have a little plug and forget all that other shit. There is enough wasted packaging and raw materials in spray paint, ie. the can etc, as it is with out all that other garbage. I would imagine it would save money too.

Ironlak is a great paint and my main choice. One thing that is forever bugging me though is the lid and the extra caps. I think what has been done with the limited edition cans is much better. The lid is a ridiculous waste of plastic as is the three caps. The black NY thing's are terrible and get thrown in the bin strait away and the stock cap is just as annoying. The first thing I do, as do many other people I know is remove all 4 things and chuck em. You should do what gold's or even MTN do and have a little plug and forget all that other shit. There is enough wasted packaging and raw materials in spray paint, ie. the can etc, as it is with out all that other garbage. I would imagine it would save money too.

this right here, so true

yeah im in the middle about the lid.

its just convient. MTN's new 94 cans do come with a stock tip. which i hear is top notch.

they put small lid over it. sort of like the lids on WB40 but its clear.

most writers including myself. typically take the lids off our paint so we can have more space = more cans in the bag.

but i have no real problems with Ironlaks lids.

Teagan,

You must be a bit of a mind reader. the big caps are going for exactly that reason its a waste of plastic, the black NY Fats are being re worked as we speak so they are better and there is a new stock cap that is magenta as pointed out by someone else in the thread these are there because people ask for them they could be better but we just addressed that.. We're quite conscious of the wasted plastic and it something that's been bugging us for a while as well.

Cheers

<---lllExlllPert--->

When did you use ironlak first becuase the cans have changed over the past year i think... sorry if im mistaken :P

dude the thing was that i lost the tip it came with right. - and i started to put on brand new caps, every kind you can think of - it just wouldnt take any of them.

sucked. its not smooth like mtn hardcore or belton.

OR maybe it was busted up can altogether- anyways it was one can. i didnt have many at my disposal.

dude the thing was that i lost the tip it came with right. - and i started to put on brand new caps, every kind you can think of - it just wouldnt take any of them.

sucked. its not smooth like mtn hardcore or belton.

OR maybe it was busted up can altogether- anyways it was one can. i didnt have many at my disposal.

Yo man ironlak is so smooth... seriously.

When ironlak changed their valve system they totaly changed it so if it was like over 8 months ago then that would explain why you didnt like.

trust me if you buy a new can today then you will realise how good ironlak actually is.

Not dissing you dude but if your can controll is good then te new cans will be brlliant :D

The original ironlak cans had the best valve/pressure system i thought. Could get the tidiest lines with little to no trouble. The paint was nowhere near up to the standard it is today though.

It really is great paint. I don't understand some of the whinging in here. It might just be because I'm from Australia and we don't have the luxury of rusto's/krylons being sold in general hardware stores or montana/belton being sold for $5 or so (retails in Australia for like $12) but Ironlak is easily the best thing that's ever happened for the Australian graffiti scene. Even more so since Dulux have changed to a male valve system.

hey Guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback and love. Its always good to hear about happy customers.

Marker Pens are in the works, they are actually pretty close to release and will have about 12-14 colours, this aspect hasn't been finalised yet.

Someone also mentioned tall cans, these are in the works as well, as we could easily release a run of the mill tall can but if our history has taught us anything (and believe me it has) we'll take our time be 110% certain and release them when we feel they are best best tall cans available and at the best price possible.

Oh as for the stickers yeah we put two stickers per can in every single carton so if your not getting them hit up your local shop because they definitely are.

Peace

Hey 'Ironlak' :P

Im trying to persuade one of my local stores to get ironlak in because its a hindrance getting it off the net.

I mean i really wanna get my hands on some more of this quality paint.

And btw can i suggest trying out making some mops and seeing how they turn out.

Chill