>NEWS< Farmer Killed In Beach Cricket Brawl...

skullnbones

WA farmer killed in beach cricket brawl

A 49-year-old Western Australian farmer and father of five is dead after a brawl during a beach cricket game with his family. William John Rowe, 49, died in hospital early Wednesdy morning after his family was attacked while they were playing cricket at Sunset Beach in Geraldton, north of Perth. The Christmas revellers were approached by a large group of people at about 8pm (WDT) on Tuesday, police said. A verbal dispute soon escalated into a physical confrontation, with the Rowe family attacked with bottles, rocks and sticks. Mr Rowe's 29-year-old future son-in-law was slashed in the face with a broken bottle, and had his jaw and collarbone broken. As the family tried to move the injured man to their nearby car, Mr Rowe was hit in the head with a cricket bat, and knocked unconscious. Both he and the younger man were taken to Geraldton Regional Hospital, where Mr Rowe died at 2.30am (WDT) Wednesday of serious head injuries. The 29-year-old required 35 stitches to his face, police said. Mr Rowe, a farmer from Yalgoo, two hours east of Geraldton, is survived by his wife and five children. Police have yet to make an arrest over the attack, and have called for witnesses to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22972478-5005941,00.html

I'm interested to hear more about this. Having lived in a lot of different places in that state, I wouldn't be surprised if it was completely unprovoked.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i read up more on it. turns out it wasn't totally unprovoked, but still wrong nonetheless.

turns out there were only a small group of guys, and they were stealing liquor out of the family's cooler. the guy (that died) basically told them to stop and challenged them. they got in to a verbal altercation.

the cowards then left and came back later with like 25 dudes.

i hope they get caught. but preferably get mobbed and beaten.

just curious why do you say that. are there a lot of people WA that just attack people for no reason or somethin

Yep, usually it's caused by aboriginals and this particular town is in the country so it has a large percentage of them. But still, down in perth is bad in areas too, most fights are one group rolling deep on one person, no fair fights anymore. not here anyway