Cameras

505boogie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nikon 1 looks lame. F mount adapter would be cool, but a 50mm lens would become 135mm with the crop factor AKA useless.

But yeah the Pentax Q crop is just as bad. It looks nice though, physically. It has a good build while being super small and compact.

Sony NEX is ahead with the sensor size but it's like holding an iPhone with a DSLR 18-55 attached. Really weird to hold, and they don't look, or feel, like they're built to last.

The Olympus Pen E-P3 is the nicest IMO for those cameras, it feels solid enough, chuck an external viewfinder on it and you're in business. I think if I didn't get the M8 I would have gone down that path.

Back to the Pentax Q, we just got them in today. They are so tiny. I was trying out shooting at 6400 and zooming in to a 100% crop and it actually didn't look too bad.

For the price though you'd be much better off just getting a micro 4/3rds or a DSLR.

Definitely looks cool though, but it would handle much better with the optical viewfinder.

Yeah no black, just those 4, the red isn't as bright in person though.

They feel nicer to hold too, look forward to seeing days in pies.

you think they would stock them at best buy? i havent even gotten as far as getting down there to check them out. i miss posting days in pics, now that i actually work a fairly interesting job i feel id be able to contribute something neat

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetness. Do you ever shoot any of those? I have most of those cameras and have shot with them. I have so many it's hard to find time to shoot everything as often as I'd like.

Here's my latest, picked up from an art supply store and assembled on my kitchen table:

6265138432_21f5d2123d_z.jpg

Ha, I made a pinhole in HS photography class..

I have shot with the ones that are still functional.. the issue is sending out 160 film is expensive and I don't have the extra money to buy 160 and have it sent out. I used to darkroom access at my college but my friend isn't taking photo this semester :/

I miss my RB67 sooooooooo much. I got a Pentax 67 in college which broke down and I replaced it with a RB67 and absolutely loved it. It so damn heavy though. I don't shoot in a studio enviorment all that often and the RB became too much to hold. I wish I didn't sell it but I needed the money really bad.

I'm shooting with a Hasselblad 500c/m but I'm thinking of getting either a RZ67 or the Mamiya 7.

Camera envy.

check out this video.. it's Montreal underground music, and the video was done with one of those sick cameras you attach to shit and it films in wide screen and amazing definition.. I'm not a cam buff and I don't know the name of it, but this track is dope, and visually it's awesome to look at.. he also gets paint in his face 2 minutes in around...

check it out if you're interested