Cameras

505boogie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my first camera, and I shot it exclusively for probably 5 years. Handed down to me from my dad who bought it the year Olympus released them. It's actually the full original kit, with the Zuiko 50mm lens and what I think is the original hood, same as this:

om-1.jpg

It was good timing, since my parents are in town for the holiday weekend, doing Thanksgiving with some extended family, and the weather is going to be nice enough to play some disc golf and shoot photos with my dad. Hopefully the film isn't fubar.

Edit: I've also realized lately that my right contact prescription is enough off to make focusing a challenge, so I've been having to go all retarded and use my left eye for anything where I can't just toss my focus to infinity.

After some more contemplation, I think the compact 35mm may be the right move to try to rekindle my interest in photography, especially since it's winter and throwing it in a coat pocket is so convenient. I'm looking at contax t2's, but I'm unsure what a "good" price is, since they seem to be all over the place in terms of cost on eBay. What sort of price should I be hunting for? For those of you who have them, did you eBay lurk, luck out at a thrift shop, buy it from a camera store, other?

ahah you dog! You've got a problem!

Help! :( Haha. Selling the M8 so this is replacing it.

Chupacabra, look for something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Contax-T2-P-S-Camera-Titanium-Silver-/270855957759?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3f1045ecff

That's pretty much what I paid, but mine has a data back (not working) and came with a case and some Sensia. But that's a pretty average price on eBay at the moment in mint condition. You can pay a bit more for one in the box, but you don't really need a box.

Damn, I was hoping the $300+ pricetag was incorrect/only for the more sought after colors. Unless I dump my F100 and a 50mm lens, I may have to hold off on any sort of camera purchases for a while, unless I luck out on eBay with someone putting one up with a low buy it now option. Fucking car insurance payment caught me off guard and is throwing off my finances.

I've got a bunch of them. I appreciate the process of developing film and I honestly think film will always look better than digital. Plus shooting high iso film looks much better than noisy shots! They're also much safer in terms of exif for yard shooting. If you get busted, just open the back and all the shots are gone.

My phone is the only digital camera I have. I'm surprised with the quality when its got natural light, look.

6390123767_6996987485_z.jpg

Shot yesterday at my family thanksgiving with the Om1, then brought it out today playing disc golf with my dad. Got to the end of the roll and it kept advancing past 36, then past 38. Tried to rewind the film and realized the end of it most have came out of the feed on my very first shot and I didn't even think about the lack of tension while using the film advance since it's been so long. Didn't get a single shot, lost the roll of film since it cranked back in with like 2 turns of the rewind. So fucking pissed. Desire to shoot photos is pretty much right out the window again. Might try to summon up some motivation to shoot the rolls of BW that I bought when I go out tomorrow, but we'll see.

These things happen. Rolls split, they don't wind on, you forget to rewind the film, you make double exposures. Shit happens.

The other night after a long day at work I got home, popped off the base plate and after about 5 seconds of staring I realised I hadn't even rewound the film.

Just shoot another roll and take more photos to make up for it.

Just shoot another roll and take more photos to make up for it.

Indeed. I'm still a bit heated about the photos of my little nephew that I lost, but I shot a roll of HP5 pushed to 800 today while playing disc golf at another course. Dropped it off for negatives and scans and should have them back by mid week or next weekend, depending on when I can get down there to pick them up. Hopefully they do a good job of scanning and give me decent sized images so I don't have to battle with my old, crappy scanner.