Teen arrested in real life for stealing funiture in a video game...

Some1

Whats next are Spitfire and Mauler gonna get arrested for virtual rape on second life?! Am I going to be given the death penalty for uberpwnage of teh n00bz in Team Fortress!?

Teen Steals Over $5K in Virtual Furniture, Gets Busted By Very Real Cops

Police arrested a Dutch 17-year old and questioned five other 15-year-olds for the alleged theft of over $5,000 worth of furniture from Habbo Hotel, a virtual hangout with more than 6 million visitors from 30 countries. "The six teenagers are suspected of moving the stolen furniture into their own Habbo rooms," says the BBC story. Reality just got bent. Like in many virtual worlds, Habbo Hotel lets you buy furniture to deck out your pad. The kids apparently perpetrated the theft through a phishing scam: by creating websites that mimic the Habbo login, they could trick the victims into unknowingly surrendering login IDs and passwords. The crooks could presumably just swing by their room and transfer whatever they wanted to their own accounts. Says a spokesman for Sulake, Habbo Hotel's operator:

"It is a theft because the furniture is paid for with real money. But the only way to be a thief in Habbo is to get people's usernames and passwords and then log in and take the furniture."

Of course, you know what we're thinking: anyone gullible enough to spend thousands on virtual furniture might be a prime target for trickery. I mean, not to get off on a rant, but when you think about it, who stole whose money in the first place?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh yes and for stupider shit as well. I seriously suspect that people will be brought to court for murdering people in world of warcraft. Like:

"Your honor his Peon was just standing in the middle of the forest collecting gold when the defendants Uther Light Bringer came out of no where and viciously attacked him. I think this is unjust and he needs to be punished with life in prison for murder 1"

I just find it funny that people chuckle and find this shit retarded, when in the not-so-far future virtual "life" will be much much more integrated and weaved into society(see: Facebook). What seems trivial and stupid now because it's limited to silly games will probably seem a lot more serious later on when it begins creeping into your daily life.

uhh Cil you can in second life. I am going to hate it I mean more and more of our lives are going to be sitting in front of the computer making something else do the things we could be doing in real life...

The thing is, you're not gonna be sitting in front of a computer cause desktops are pretty much one day not gonna be as useful as something you can carry all the time with you and access everywhere. You're gonna be able to keep on living your real life, just enhanced by the virtual version.

I don't get this on so many different levels.

I prefer to spend my hard-earned cash on things that I can actually touch.

Cyber beer and make out doesn't seem like it would be any fun at all.

Cyber cat hugging seems not so cute.

Cyber Pizza Thrash Parties aren't my thang, mang.

Some people have too much money.

And not enough awesome.

• Like 1

The thing is, you're not gonna be sitting in front of a computer cause desktops are pretty much one day not gonna be as useful as something you can carry all the time with you and access everywhere. You're gonna be able to keep on living your real life, just enhanced by the virtual version.

Are you living in the future already?

All this virtual shit is fucking homo.

I don't even like the computer anymore and I sold my XBOX over a year ago.

I'm only on 12oz at work when I'm sitting around with nothing else to do.

At home I only use the PC to beat my cock.

I got like 200% less lazy once I cut that shit out of my life.

Anyway yeah, let those fagfucks goto jail for even knowing what Humbo Hotel is or whatever it was called I don't give a fuck enough to scroll back up and look at the name.