Acid

seven.13

Mentally no. Physically yes. I think the chart is talking about detriment to the body. Addictive drugs that are bad for you are generally taken in excess as the user craves that drug. As that drug is taken more often the harmful effects on the body are accelerated.

If you take a heap of acid you will not die, but it is not good for your mind.

I think the discussion got confused on the definition of what is harmful.

I wouldn't argue that LSD doesn't have the ability to fuck up your head.

I would argue that it is not guaranteed to do so.

Yeah for the most part I agree.

Personaly I would rather beat a temporary physical addiction than spend the rest of my life on meds.

On relation to a previous point, I do think taking acid and other psychadelics can be an awakening experience, given the right context.

But again I have seen enough people who have caused themselves perminant mental damage, to know that its not a good idea to advocate it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And even if exos don't put holes in your brain, you can still die from taking to many.

My ex-girlfriend took 10 exos and had a seizure. But maybe because she kept playing that Lil' Jon music video over and over again.

you can die from taking too much of alot of things

ecstasy isnt as bad as the anti drug propagandist make it seem

Black people who've taken acid or shrooms always have the funniest stories

my dad told me about the time he did acid when he was 16... end result he and five friends ended up running around gary indiana ass naked with playing cards duct taped to their foreheads

mm possibly its funnier told in person

long term aftereffects of heavy usage are evident in my day to day... even my typing is a result....

1417306.jpg

+

lsd_blotter.jpg

=

Me fried the fuck out. Although it seriously did open a new creative streak in my brain (at the time) It was just that feeling the next day as if a part of your brain melted that put me off going hard as some of my friends did.

Although 1 good friend who used to go hard on the stuff, he is enough of a case now to turn anyone off the stuff. He wet through such a quick ascension into harder and harder drugs (pot ->acid->pills->hammer) but alot of that was to do with his addictive personality, but I think when he started to scare people off just just making weird noises all the time that people got a little worried about taking drugs.

Umm where, was I going with this? I'm not going to take any sides, just I think some personality types should be restrained from taking drugs all together.

yeah, my dad told me about an acid story once, he didn't actually take acid, but his next door neighbor had an acid party on the top floor of some abandoned office building or something..... and one dude walked out of a window, thinking he could fly i guess.

made it up to scare u

Besides, acid isn't a recreational drug at all.

If you take acid within 3-4 days from your last trip, it won't do anything..most of the time

Before you guys shit all over the kid.

"Because LSD users develop extreme tolerance to LSD rapidly, the drug cannot be abused for more than a few consecutive days, preventing the kind of physical and psychological dependence associated with other drugs. This tolerance usually goes away after a week or so of abstinence from the drug."

From the Brown University Health Center

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/atod/od_lsd.htm

Well I'm speaking from personal experience.

I took some strong acid one night, then the next day I took double the amount and I got a body high, and slight movement in the floor/ceiling, but it was nowhere near as intense as the night before.

Anyways, last time I tripped, we were flipping through HBO and ended up watching Spice World. There really wasn't anything remotely funny about that flick other than how corny and poorly filmed the movie was, but I didn't stop me from laughing so hard to the point to where I had to leave the room to catch my breathe.

You know what, go eat acid once or twice a week for a year. Then come back and tell us oldheads that been there done that how it works out for you. Till then...

my best friend, from the age of 22-23, did a couple tabs of acid every 2-3 days for pretty much the complete year. turns out, he's still a fully functioning member of society. not some completely paranoid sketched out lunatic who lost his mind.

if that other dude completely ruined his life so bad, it doesn't sound to me like acid was the problem.... probably had something to do with the lifestyle he lived.

your post kinda sums you up in one fell swoop.

I've only done acid once, but it was rad. it was quite mild but i distinctly remember a whole bunch of bouncy rubber ball things getting thrown off the roof of the parkade across the street, like in that commercial, and just watching them go down the street all tracer-like.

then i had to go to a family get together that morning. it felt like brain was all crackly.

i just realized if you talk about what you saw while on acid after the fact you sound like a retard.

and seeking, apparently they make a alot of the acid that gets around in the pacific northwest. i was reading some hippy forum awhile ago and they were all going on about how they couldn't wait to get back to that area and 'visit the family', which was code for 'eat mad acid'.

if it was "quite mild" you took way too little. most blotters now are really weak. remember that the tablets and microdots from the late 60's.early 70's were 200-400 mcg. blotter now is like 20-80 mcg per square. that's pretty common though now, people take a low dose and don't have a real trip.

you should have something happen that's along the lines of dying and being reborn, having an out of body experience, merging with the entire universe, timelessness, loss of self awareness etc. on a proper dose. some real crazy shit can happen at higher doeses and it can last for a real long time.

obviously taking acid a lot isn't a good idea. if i had any tendency toward psychosis, bipolar disorder or just flipping out in general, i would avoid it. but if you're a mentally sound individual who enjoys intense experiences, it can be worth while to try it.

i honestly had a worse panic attack from weed than any experince ive had from more powerfull hallucinogens. that doens't mean acid is safer than weed of course, it isn't.

Right, considering you can do too much coke and have a heart attack/stroke/overdose.

You can do too much ex and get hyperthermia or just have a nice stroke. And ex is what puts actual holes in your brain, not acid.

Acid, you can maybe freak out and people will tell you to calm the fuck down but thats about it.

This is why I refur to you as "kid". You still look at the shit in the short term. You still think that the effects of acid where off after you're done tripping. No matter how many times it's spelled out for you that eating acid effects the mind LONG TERM, you just don't get it. And you're the guy who claims to have some degree on drugs LMAO!

Oh really? Other than a slight chance at psychological damage, theres no physical damage, theres no physical or mental cravings, so whats to be worried about?

I guess the only thing that I can understand from your point of view is that it turns you into a belligerant blathering moron who argues with people on 12oz (you). I can't wait to see your intelligent retort. And go ahead and refer to me as a kid because I'm sure a hell of a lot smarter than you...which doesn't really say much on your part since your suppose to be some guru on every single topic people talk about.