malt liquor appreciation thread

FREIGHTYONE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pop has one of those Asahi cans in his beer can collection, and claims he got it in the early 90's. I've never seen one. The thing is big, and the metal is heavy duty. When it's empty just the handle weighs a lot, I can't imagine hoisting that thing through about a gallon of lager.

I have never seen that big ass can either def. a collectable for north east US. The Asahi and Sapporo cans are heavy duty some dude was using the big sapporo can as an oil tank for his early 90's rat honda cbr600 shit was so dope...

450px-Sapporo_beer.jpg

1) Fuck malt liquor. Tastes horrible, and is a shitty drunk. "Headache drunk."

2) While alright some of the time, a 40oz has the tendency to get warm and pissy within a relatively short amount of time. I opt for the 6 pack, usually tall boys. But if you like chugging, more power to ya.

Somebody mentioned this earlier... It is the good stuff...

DeliriumNocturnum.jpg

Brewery: Huyghe orders can only be placed using Java enabled browsers

Category: A Brown Beer

Taste: Lightish brown beer

Strength: 9.0%

Serve At: Cooled.

Belgium is home to the most impressive brown beers in the world such as Westmalle Double and Straffe Hendrik Brune. This is a sister beer to the popular and fun Delirium Tremens, apart from the label I was unable to recognise a family resemblance. This beer does not complete with the recognised classics, it's more of a lighter Leff brune - all the same its very glugable.

Look I drink probably more than 98% of you.

I'm drunkish right now.

Malt liquor isn't to be appreciated, it's to be tolerated. I haven't been broke enough to have to buy any in a while, but in my hayday I was known to get off on two 40s of 211, and get halfway through the third before passing out or putting my dick in something...

But any self respecting dude with some kind of money shouldn't have to resort to that.

Seriously.

If you're buying this shit, and bragging about it, then I 100% guarantee that you are trying WAY too hard to be tough.

Look I drink probably more than 98% of you.

I'm drunkish right now.

Malt liquor isn't to be appreciated, it's to be tolerated. I haven't been broke enough to have to buy any in a while, but in my hayday I was known to get off on two 40s of 211, and get halfway through the third before passing out or putting my dick in something...

But any self respecting dude with some kind of money shouldn't have to resort to that.

Seriously.

If you're buying this shit, and bragging about it, then I 100% guarantee that you are trying WAY too hard to be tough.

So you used to try way to hard to be tough? I take it you just marginally try now? This was an appreciation thread and you fags are all up in this shit with your imported craft beer yuppie-swill. I don't care if it tastes like shit, or that it's cheap or that it's what yall drank before you were rich or paid or got "real jobs". Sometimes depending on the situation, a 40 can be a good thing. Here in Pennsylvania, you can't roll into every corner store, grocery store and gas station and get a six-pack of Norweigian Donkey Piss Winter Ale nor a bottle of Johnny Walker. Liquor laws here are unlike other states for the most part. So you're stuck with shitty neighborhood bars that has six varietys of malt liquor and six packs of Coors Light or Budweiser. Sometimes you have to flip it and bounce it. It's amusing that no matter what the thread is, dudes will roll up in it and hate on it just on principle.

P.S. - I don't think you're exactly the authority on self-respect either.

I like those stubby bottles. VB is kinda the Budweiser of Australia, though. Not too great.

Fools hating on imports and microbrews don't even know. Malt liquor is brewed with extra sugar and chemicals so your hangovers are much harsher. That shit will make you die young.

When i think of 40's, i always picture kids like Tease.

You've got your hair permed

You've got your red dress on

Talkin' bout how second gear was such a turn on

And the fog forming on my window tells me that the morning here

And you'll be gone before too long

Who taught you those new tricks?

Damn I should'nt start that talk,

but life is onw big question when your starin at the clock

And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to Freedom,

so I'll take that walk.

And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

Ohh not going back

God knows not going back

You look so fine when you lie it just don't show,

That I know which way the wind blows

40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good,

even though I feel bad

And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

Ohh not going back

God knows I'm not going back.(2x)

I like those stubby bottles. VB is kinda the Budweiser of Australia, though. Not too great.

Fools hating on imports and microbrews don't even know. Malt liquor is brewed with extra sugar and chemicals so your hangovers are much harsher. That shit will make you die young.

When i think of 40's, i always picture kids like Tease.

vb is what i drank when i was 15

its what i get when im hard up on cash

even then i just usually get the cans so i can sub it fast

stella artois

thats my kind of thing

i prefer the good stuff but am no above drinking the crap stuff too

So you used to try way to hard to be tough? Blah blah blah blah...

No I didn't try way to hard to be tough, because I never bragged about it.

Even as you're talking you're not really appreciating it, you're saying you have to drink it because you can't get anything better...

A better word for that would be TOLERATING.

Hal is right.

mickys taste like water, and shit dont even give you a buzz. same with king cobra and Colt45.

211 steel reserve gives you that "headache buzz". and OE takes too long to kick in good. but once it does its ok

Saint Ides (in my opinion) is the best tasting 40 out there. except for sometimes the quality varies from batch to batch. some taste perfect, some too sweet, some too bitter.

7391jg7.jpg