Portland Adventure!

BLT Sammich

portland.jpg

oregon.jpg

So everyone it looks as if I am going to be going on a trip to Portland Oregon next week for about a week. Any recommendations on what to do, see, drink at? I am also looking for places with cheap good eats. I know some of you guy live there or have spent time there.

All help is appreciated and if you have a couch to sleep on ill be grateful and will give you some stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cheap food can be found all over. Some of my favorites include Don Pancho and La Bonita in Northeast on Alberta. Good mexican food. There is a god Indian Cart downtown on the bus mall. Holmans has good bar food (28th & Burnside) as does My Fathers Place . As far as places to drink, well i dont know you so i dont know if you prefer the places i frequent, and im not about to give out that kind of info on here.

I don't really go out and drink because I'm not that hip. But I hear there are some pretty good spots all over the place. I used to frequent Rose & Raindrop in Southeast and the Marathon downtown on Burnside. That was years ago though. They're more the tavern / bar type place though. If you're looking for fancy type shit... just go to the Pearl district, can't lose over there. However, if I was going to tell you to go to one place for sure... it would be Mary's Spot on Broadway and Burnside downtown. Good food and good drinks can be found in Southeast at Doc's on Clinton street. You better be damn hip though.

Good eats can be found everywhere, seriously. So it really depends on the kind of food you're looking for. Cheap as cheap can get, so-so price, I can swing it price or outta my league price. If you like doughnuts be sure to go to Voo Doo doughnuts at night some time. I've never been there myself but it's all I hear about when I talk to friends who actually have a life. A Portland landmark for the visitor is definitely Bistro Montage on the Southeast side under the Morrison bridge. Best mac & cheese you'll ever have.

To do... well... there's a lot, really. Go to Powell's Books for sure. Walking to the top of Mt. Tabor (not as much of a Mt. as you'd think) will give you a good view of all the city. As will going to the Rose Garden in Washington Park in the west hills of downtown. If you have a car you could drive out to Council Crest... damnn nice out that way and beautiful scenery. And if you have time keep heading out past Council Crest to the town of Hood River. Notorious as the place for kite boarding and windsurfing. People from all over the world travel there just to windsurf. It's about an hour east of downtown. The Pacific coast is about an hour west of downtown and can be cool. Cannon Beach is nice if you go during the week and skip all the hoity-toity travelers.

Shopping... dude... everywhere.

I don't really go out and drink because I'm not that hip. But I hear there are some pretty good spots all over the place. I used to frequent Rose & Raindrop in Southeast and the Marathon downtown on Burnside. That was years ago though. They're more the tavern / bar type place though. If you're looking for fancy type shit... just go to the Pearl district, can't lose over there. However, if I was going to tell you to go to one place for sure... it would be Mary's Spot on Broadway and Burnside downtown. Good food and good drinks can be found in Southeast at Doc's on Clinton street. You better be damn hip though.

Good eats can be found everywhere, seriously. So it really depends on the kind of food you're looking for. Cheap as cheap can get, so-so price, I can swing it price or outta my league price. If you like doughnuts be sure to go to Voo Doo doughnuts at night some time. I've never been there myself but it's all I hear about when I talk to friends who actually have a life. A Portland landmark for the visitor is definitely Bistro Montage on the Southeast side under the Morrison bridge. Best mac & cheese you'll ever have.

To do... well... there's a lot, really. Go to Powell's Books for sure. Walking to the top of Mt. Tabor (not as much of a Mt. as you'd think) will give you a good view of all the city. As will going to the Rose Garden in Washington Park in the west hills of downtown. If you have a car you could drive out to Council Crest... damnn nice out that way and beautiful scenery. And if you have time keep heading out past Council Crest to the town of Hood River. Notorious as the place for kite boarding and windsurfing. People from all over the world travel there just to windsurf. It's about an hour east of downtown. The Pacific coast is about an hour west of downtown and can be cool. Cannon Beach is nice if you go during the week and skip all the hoity-toity travelers.

now i feel like a shitty interbot tour guide

Damn Joker is on Point!

Voo Doo doughnuts

Bistro Montage on the Southeast side under the Morrison bridge. Best mac & cheese you'll ever have.

Mt. Tabor (not as much of a Mt. as you'd think) will give you a good view of all the city.

Rose Garden in Washington Park in the west hills of downtown.

If you have a car you could drive out to Council Crest

Hood River.

The Pacific coast is about an hour west of downtown and can be cool. Cannon Beach is nice if you go during the week and skip all the hoity-toity travelers.

Cannon Beach.. And Manzanita too. I have not lived in Portland since 2000.. but Portland has got to be my favorite place in America.

Check out the Saturday Market too... and mind the hippies.

I don't really go out and drink because I'm not that hip. But I hear there are some pretty good spots all over the place. I used to frequent Rose & Raindrop in Southeast and the Marathon downtown on Burnside. That was years ago though. They're more the tavern / bar type place though. If you're looking for fancy type ... just go to the Pearl district, can't lose over there. However, if I was going to tell you to go to one place for sure... it would be Mary's Spot on Broadway and Burnside downtown. Good food and good drinks can be found in Southeast at Doc's on Clinton street. You better be damn hip though.

on point. deffinatly agree with cheap food everywhere. alberta has a lot of great mexican foods. mississippi has lots of yuppie stuff, if your into that. southeast portland is real hip, fixed gears everywhere. ummm, go to voodoo, best doughnuts ever, go at night tho, better seen(voodoo is downtown). the waterfront/east bank esplanade is real nice for walking/running/biking. saturday market is always fun. pioneer courthouse square is kinda fun if theres something going on. i think this weekend theres a sand castle/art thing going on. oh and you dont really need a car, we have public transportation to teh maximum here. just got to http://www.trimet.orghappy travels