Real Kwik-E-Marts

Future Droid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha its funny how they got two indian guys behind the counter...thats not hiring based solely on race at all!! im so down for the kwikemart..shit looks cool,,,they better sell duff beer

698516313_f718ee83ca.jpg

i went this one today (those flicks aren't mine). saw that same indian guy on the right. they had buzz soda, some hats and bobbleheads, the sprinkle-doughtnuts, but he said they were sold out of the radioactive man comics and krusty-o's.

that buzz cola is like 43 grams of sugar.

shit was pretty cool...the squishees are slurpees...and they ran out of crusty os and buzz cola...which was weak...but the pink donuts are fucking chronic....the lady said they arent going to have duff beer...she could be wrong though i am hoping......overall a must for the simpsons enthusiast

The manager at the one in Dallas was on a talk radio station the other day and he said that 24 hours a day there are constantly 100-200 people in the store.

This was like 2 days after they did the conversion but still...I don't know how true that is.

I HATE Dallas so I will not be going to check it out.

Its a well know fact that Matt Groening lived in Portland and went to school here. He also spent time in Eugene where state college is, right outside of Eugene is the town of Springfield, home of Kip Kinkle, but more importantly, The Simpsons.

I've met and talked with Mike Reiss at length before about a whole bunch of things. This included.

Not only is he extremely nice, looks like he lives in Springfield, and ridiculously hilarious, but he'd tell you that you're wrong. Springfield is simply nowhere. They don't know how many times they've said it's a fictional place, but no one listens. That the name was derived from the sheer amount of Springfields in the United States, and that people like you creep out the people like him and the rest of the shows creators, for caring that much.

He summed it up as a show about nothing, where they just shovel jokes into the hole that is the simpsons, and where they put musical spots in to kill the time they couldn't fill with decent content that week.

He also said that after they had Stephen Hawkings on the show, he still shows up to the studio occasionally and just hangs out, even if he's not on the episode they are doing.

so this was on the news today....some 7-11 employees (the ones who were not picked to be turned into kwiki-marts and thus do not see all the profits its making) are complaining that this whole concept is racist....yup...they are indian...and they made a statement that Apu's character is similar to black face back in the day.

that is humorous for some reason^^^^^ and matt groening may be from oregon but they are premiering the movie in a city called tiny springfield vermont...the pop. is 9,300 and the theatre only holds 100......HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BOUGHT OR SEEN DUFF BEER...I MUST KNOW IF ITS A MYTH OR A POSSIBILITY

so this was on the news today....some 7-11 employees (the ones who were not picked to be turned into kwiki-marts and thus do not see all the profits its making) are complaining that this whole concept is racist....yup...they are indian...and they made a statement that Apu's character is similar to black face back in the day.

mexican chick at the one i went too...just playin devils advocate