Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bojangles

Abstracts

And the first comment the hating never got to much because I was on an island I never really read these pages back then I never knew who said what, I just did what I did. Im sure a lot of people hated on my stuff back then.

Yeah I think when we first had ideas about pushing limits and the envelope. Abstract was just a vehicle, we still represented our ideas of graffiti with some progression.

I still think whether looking back at the mid 90's or when transcend was a lot more active. What happened then is still farther ahead in idea and actual thought that takes place when you compose a piece.

As a lot of people said it will take years for this to be appreciated. I still believe that, that doesn’t mean that we cant paint traditional type graffiti. I think and i speak for myself that i needed to be grounded and actually remember what it was that i could still do. I have painted some nice letter pieces that are no where near the abstract that I was involved in, but they are still part of the creative process that i will soon break apart and completely destroy to a abstract once again.

Its like the child in all of thus that build castles out of sand then destroys them only to rebuild a better product of what was the idea of........

I see the creative process as running parallel to this logic. I think what set transcend apart from everyone else was not that we were painting only abstract or we had niche. It was that we actually had an idea of what we were doing, rather than just acting upon an impulse to paint, we were trying to work through our ideas and progress or regress. The cognitive actual realization that this is what we are doing.

I hope now that my life has stabilized for the better that I will continue this process, and hope all others will reflect as i do how much left yet there is still to do.

I like the middle one the most, the small detail looks good. The last one im not sure if that tree fits, i like the line movement until the tree. Good work though.

I really like the bottom half of the top pic 2006-1984 posted.

I like the Digi-stract too there Casek. Reminds me of an airship landing.

damn abstracts are awesome. bump bojangles

there really is a fine line between a good abstract piece and plain scribble shit.

what did people like about jackson pollock?

For me its process, after a while he began to control his drips and draw with them.

Each painting is hit or miss ... I either love it or am totally indifferent toward it.

lifeholmesl.jpg

his older work I dont feel at all.

(pollock)-the-key-(small).jpg

Apparently "Jack the Dripper" captured some aesthetic dimension—some abiding logic in human perception—beyond the scope of his critics. That logic, says physicist and art historian Richard Taylor, lies not in art but in mathematics—specifically, in chaos theory and its offspring, fractal geometry.

Fractals may seem haphazard at first glance, yet each one is composed of a single geometric pattern repeated thousands of times at different magnifications, like Russian dolls nested within one another. They are often the visible remains of chaotic systems—systems that obey internal rules of organization but are so sensitive to slight changes that their long-term behavior is difficult to predict. If a hurricane is a chaotic system, then the wreckage strewn in its path is its fractal pattern.

Some fractal patterns exist only in mathematical theory, but others provide useful models for the irregular yet patterned shapes found in nature—the branchings of rivers and trees, for instance. Mathematicians tend to rank fractal dimensions on a series of scales between 0 and 3. One-dimensional fractals (such as a segmented line) typically rank between 0.1 and 0.9, two-dimensional fractals (such as a shadow thrown by a cloud) between 1.1 and 1.9, and three-dimensional fractals (such as a mountain) between 2.1 and 2.9. Most natural objects, when analyzed in two dimensions, rank between 1.2 and 1.6.

Read the rest here

fractals1.gif

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now