Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SB,

personally, id like to see more playing with negative space. maybe thats just because i tend to gravitate towards work like that, but i think it would be interesting to see some aspects more blown out and extended than others. always like seeing it though, regardless.

digital stuff...ehhhhh, not so much.

SB,

personally, id like to see more playing with negative space. maybe thats just because i tend to gravitate towards work like that, but i think it would be interesting to see some aspects more blown out and extended than others. always like seeing it though, regardless.

digital stuff...ehhhhh, not so much.

Good call on the space. I was thinking about doing some long ones on wood soon. I'll give it a shot and see how it comes out. .

no need to delete it. just because it's not my taste, that doesnt mean i think it's worthless. well, kind of i do, but who cares what i think.

heres a question for you though.

why do it? what do you get out of it? do these images actually speak to you? to they cull some sort of emotion? what is it about them that you relate to?

as for my own work, everything i do boils down to the relationship between the colors, and more specifically, the point at which they meet. the entire painting is constructed to facilitate the seam where colors colide. the fields of color exist in order to give weight, importance and emotional backing. different color combinations extoll different levels of intensity. balance works to narrate the oppositional forces. crushing weight, stagnation, isolation, excapism etc.

oh, alot of the time they deal with things falling apart, or being torn apart as well.

i'm kind of a 16 year old girl.

honestly most if not all of what i posted was done just playing around.... they were more about the process and creating them than they were about the final outcome... i had no formal training in photoshop or anything for that matter so i did a lot of stuff like that just to explore the tools and get more familiar with them.... or to "warm up" for lack of a better term before getting into some actual work kinda like you would do a few really loose doodles/sketches before getting ready to draw something...

i didnt go in with a goal or a concept, they just kinda happened...

and the only one that i actually like at all is the third one, and i have the last one in a little 4x6 frame hung on the wall cuz my girl liked it...

i just scanned my HD for things i might be able to contribute to the thread and those are what i came up with..

unfortunately i lost a lot of my freehand ability when i started spending tons of time with digital stuff, and art became more work than fun when design became a way to supplement my income and i had to please retards with horrible taste....

/end super lengthy post

I think that in order for a digital image like the ones you guys are posting to be actually relevant they need to printed or processed on some sort of medium other than the screen. If something is important enough to make it is imprtant enough to print and actually further the process of just the thought.

Once its printed on whatever medium you are able to look at step back and ask yourself is this enought should you do more to. should you print it on a different paper should you ad some actual paint to it to make it more real not one dimensional.

Its how far you are willing to take the digital image farther away from the screen. if not its just a thought not worth furthering.

anyone ever seen those mock 'personality profiles' that you read and it seems to nail you to a T, but then you read the background info, and realize that it's intentionally written with such double speak that it would appeal to 95% of the people reading it?

yeah in psyc classs, i guessed what was going on as soon as I read it though

;5706141']I think that in order for a digital image like the ones you guys are posting to be actually relevant they need to printed or processed on some sort of medium other than the screen. If something is important enough to make it is imprtant enough to print and actually further the process of just the thought.

Once its printed on whatever medium you are able to look at step back and ask yourself is this enought should you do more to. should you print it on a different paper should you ad some actual paint to it to make it more real not one dimensional.

Its how far you are willing to take the digital image farther away from the screen. if not its just a thought not worth furthering.

The other direction would be to take the digital graphic further within the screen. The internet serves as a perfectly viable medium of abstraction capable of interactivity and concept. It's a very conservative idea that art needs to be tangible.