Something I was wondering about...

Mauler5150

Well, the comment made in the other thread about braces has me intruigued.:huh:

Say I met a girl who had a perfect smile, and I assumed it was natural, but later on find out she had braces when growing up, would the fact she had fucked teeth when she was born enhance the chance of us having a kid with fucked up teeth? :D

I mean, I was blessed with straight teeth (although with a slight overbite), but was wondering if any people out there know of any storys where this surgical manipulation has resulted in children with messed up teeth?

By all means, I have nothing against braces, hell, they do a great job at making people look better, but this concept has aroused my curiousity.;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

mom teeth = good

dads teeth = good

2 sisters teeth = good

my teeth = bad*

luck of the draw.

but seriously who actually concerns themselves wiht shit like this?

*by bad, i dont mean all crazy jacked up. i could have been fine without them, but insurance was willing to cover it and somehow i went along with it. i honestly dont even remember how long i had them. i wanna say like 2 or 3 years. thats weird.

....thats how i read it

I kinda read it like that as well.

Who concerns themselves with this shit? Hmm, I can't say how I can answer that one, lets just say an idea of false advertising popped into my head, along the lines of breast implants and the like.

I like the women to have straightish teeth (even though EBPH told me my ex had a big grill). I don't think that is such a big deal, and to those that said something, no, I am not trying to get a girl who had braces pregnant.

It was just a hypothetical I wondered if 12oz could answer for me.

i was thinking about it, and you know how [or maybe you dont] how i said that i have great teeth? i didnt... i just remembered that when i was in second or third grade my front tooth on the right was coming in before the baby tooth got wiggly. it grew in pointed backwards slightly. my parents went right to the orthodontist after the baby tooth fell out. i got a retainer. that made my tooth go right back to normal.

so... i guess, if you catch it right away, they might look like a freak for a little while, but you can fix the kids mouth up STAT.

can baby teeth grow in ugly? i dont think i've ever seen a baby with ugly teeth... though i don't know many babies and i dont usually look at their teeth.

i think the damage doesn't happen until you're older and its the whole timing thing on when your adult teeth come in. that's where it messes up... because the baby teeth aren't out of the way of the adult teeth yet....

maybe?

Theres a condition children have when growing up called hyperplasia (sp?) regular dentists dont know much about it because it only occurs in very young children.

If the condition is treated when they are small (flouride treatment and mild capping) the child will be ok, if not expect some serious problems and expensive dental bills in adult hood.

If its really that important to the person they can just drop a few thousand on crowns and get the teeth that are exposed capped.

Im pretty sure teeth are genetic.

So the general consensus is that they are genetic, so if you have a kid with someone who used to have fucked up teeth there is a chance that they will have fucked up teeth.

I'll have to remember this the next time I comment a girl on her teeth and she tells me she had braces. If I get turned down, I'll let her know she can have kids with fucked up teeth with some other idiot.