post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hahaha thats fucking awesome. Fisting better post flicks of redeyes spot. Sounds like a pretty legit deal. On the work note got a call from a friend of a friend who is opening a new spot in seattle center. Sounds to good to pass up although things at where I am now are by no means bad. Im thinking this could be a great opportunity to advance my career even more. That and base pay and bennys will be much better than what I have now. At least a dollar raise, possible lead position, full bennys nearly fully paid for like 94 or 97% by the company. My dude couldnt remember which. 3 weeks paid vacation, accumulating sick days that dont affect my vacation time. Im applying tomorrow to see what happens.

french bakery desserts again

60967070.jpg

mess of yellow rice, spinach squash and peppers, and some chicken

ch1e.jpg

squash and peppers with a pan seared rib eye topped with a chimichurri i wipped up real quick...i prefer cilantro over parsley.

ch2q.jpg

left over chimi that I threw in an omlette the next morning. Topped it off with some Cabot Habenero Cheddar. Wasnt too bad.

ch3y.jpg

My girl friend is from Cameroon and she mentioned this lovely drink "Jus de Bissap" which I know is made by the spanish and also middle easterns. Frankly I really enjoyed it and it has been a constant in my fridge. Funny cause I used to suck the nectar out of these flowers when I was young in Florida...

ch4f.jpg

ch5fo.jpg

• Like 2

I feel like people are intimidated to post in this thread anymore... only a select few people are putting up pics consistently.

I really hope that's not the case! I haven't got anything to post because I dropped my phone in a jug of vodka, and it has decided not to play again.

That steak looks dangerously good, NBB.

I feel like people are intimidated to post in this thread anymore... only a select few people are putting up pics consistently.

i just havent been cooking anything different from my typical post and really not been going out to eat. This thread will never die none the less.

haha, all the people responding are the people I consider regulars. I know y'all keep it good, but there aren't many new faces in here because the standards are set so high.

Also, made chicken roulade today, i'll post up pics tomorrow when I eat it, not sure what I'm gonna make with it, but i'll figure it out.

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Amuse Bouche. Red can explain.

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Hot and Cold Foie Gras with Anise and Espresso

Sauternes soaked golden raisins ∙ cauliflower puree ∙ house made brioche ∙ fresh kumquat

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Diver Scallops “Bouillabaisse”

Shaved fennel with confit tomatoes ∙ pearl couscous with feta ∙ smoked pistachio

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Miso and Palm Sugar Salmon “Sous Vide” with Forbidden Black Rice

Miso and palm sugar glaze ∙ baby bok choy ∙ forbidden black rice ∙ soba noodles

Sorry for the blur, I didnt wanna be that asshole with his iphone, I just wanted to eat. Restaurant was amazingly laid out. Huge open kitchen and the head chef was the first thing that you see when you walk in. Huge wine list on an iPad. Attentive and personable waitstaff. Going the fuck back, soon. I really want to get in on the sea urchin and oysters.

• Like 2

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Amuse Bouche. Red can explain.

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Hot and Cold Foie Gras with Anise and Espresso

Sauternes soaked golden raisins ∙ cauliflower puree ∙ house made brioche ∙ fresh kumquat

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Diver Scallops “Bouillabaisse”

Shaved fennel with confit tomatoes ∙ pearl couscous with feta ∙ smoked pistachio

tumblr_m224q16fW21qav0zq

Miso and Palm Sugar Salmon “Sous Vide” with Forbidden Black Rice

Miso and palm sugar glaze ∙ baby bok choy ∙ forbidden black rice ∙ soba noodles

Sorry for the blur, I didnt wanna be that asshole with his iphone, I just wanted to eat. Restaurant was amazingly laid out. Huge open kitchen and the head chef was the first thing that you see when you walk in. Huge wine list on an iPad. Attentive and personable waitstaff. Going the fuck back, soon. I really want to get in on the sea urchin and oysters.

Yeah, I thought you ordered the oysters, so the 90+ year old man next to you got hooked up on 2 different types of oysters with quite a bit more uni than usual...

The amuse didn't come from my station that night, actually. I can get some details tonight and fill you in if you want.

And the chef is pretty hard to miss, dude is seven feet tall and has to duck every time he goes under the hood system.

Glad you had a good time, next time you come in i'll make sure I hook up the right table.

That food looks insane, Fisting/redeye. Ungh. Making me hungry before sun up!

Nice post, Clyde.

Flick for talking? Crayfish roll from yesterday, sometimes simple is just perfect. Had about six of these bad boys... then I ran out of crayfish (rock lobster is pretty much what you blokes call it?).

KnjxL.jpg

crayfish/ avocado/ seafood sauce//

...and, seems the SD card didn't get too drunk on Vodka, I wish I could blame that for the crappy photos!

TPOMh.jpg

crusted lamb rack/ capsicum medley/ rocket parmesan salad//

i7SN5.jpg

goats cheese/ pear//

My pick;

0WQpu.jpg

fresh pasta + fresh basil pesto sauce... too good//

uYePF.jpg

Seafood plate... didn't really want to post this as I've just remembered how much I paid for this pathetic plate - look how dodgy the green leaf is... it was around $44.

Place was nice enough, but I won't be going back for a while. They're charging the same price as the hatted restaurant I go to.

I want another crayfish roll farkin'!

Haha, I was fifty fifty on even posting up - it was a really good night out, but it didn't have much to do with the food. There was nothing inherently wrong with the food, but it didn't match the price. I always fuck myself over though, go to an Italian restaurant and order everything but pasta - because I always feel ripped off with pasta - but, as always, best dish was clearly the ravioli.

RE: microgreens; If I recall correctly it was just really shit quality rocket.

I can't even look at that crayfish roll right now. Fuck I want more.

Haha, fuck you, I'll step up my game. Off to a funeral in an hour or so, not sure if it's appropriate to flick food snaps at a wake?

I really shouldn't joke, we were pretty tight.

Umm.

Oh, I did potato/leek/gorgonzola soup with fresh caught snapper and a little sweet potato mash to top last week. Was sort of like a chowder, I guess, I've never made chowder. Lookin' into it. Any tips? You yankees all eat chowder yes? (My entire knowledge of American people comes from The Simpsons).

sorry NBB for not editing, was on my way to work. Also, we use micro greens all the time, but they are always flavor appropriate, micro celery, cilantro, wasabi, etc. Used to compliment flavors, not just a garnish.

and I take NO credit for that food, I am fortunate to work for an amazing chef, all credit goes to him.