post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

orange drank

15q8b2a.jpg

this nigga cray

ix7d6w.jpg

348kcuo.jpg

blackened fish tacos from twin peaks, surprisingly delicious

29dkbi0.jpg

29ztngo.jpg

DAT PULP

10empnn.jpg

healthy fatass dessert

52yop.jpg

mexican fruit store

35l7lv6.jpg

elotes. i prefer on the cob but in the cup is good too

15x5y5f.jpg

cottage cheese, granola, honey, strawberries, bananas, pineapple

14ub1ae.jpg

• Like 1

I found this read very interesting, and somehow very relevant to my current situation. Fuck snobby ass chefs that throw together shit and say it's fancy because most people aren't familiar with the ingredients.

http://whyitisevil.posterous.com/why-chefs-are-evil

I'm really starting to think cooking should be speech of the soul and the story of your own personal heritage, not just a bunch of ingredients from all over the world that try to meld together somehow. Anybody else been here? Kinda need some insight before I lose my shit...

OK. Not a looker in the bunch, so I'll reply.

I'm on 12oz, so fuck it, here's a graffiti analogy. You've got artists out there right now pulling bits and pieces from every corner of the globe, technique, letter interpretation, colour schemes, slapping them together to make something that LOOKS good.

Does it FEEL good?

No. It doesn't.

Give me a structure and a style that you've developed over years of being knocked back, having your shit SENT back, going out and meeting the people that make your craft possible, show me that you care more about what you put on the plate is reflective of how you have gotten to this point.

Its true many chefs are pre-madonnas. Some think cooking should be complicated and it shows in how they put together plates. If there are more than six things on my plate it better make sense. Ive eaten and cooked some dishes that have more than that easily but, they all complemented each other and worked well. Cooking is like poetry in a sense. It doesnt have to be deep or complicated. It should convey a point. No matter what it better make sense. If the dish doesn't come together as one despite how many items are on the plate then it needs to be re thought. Some chefs or cooks try to hard to make something un heard of because honestly there is not much that hasnt been done already. The key is being able to take something that has been done over and over but, being able to put your own stamp on it to make people think wow why didnt I think of that.

I should have stopped with this ignorant statement "In that they think that their skill at decorating plates with Sysco products is profound and world-changing they show that they don't know shit about life or what is really meaningful. " but I read on... Then even to reason that creating good food is pointless because it eventually becomes feces??? this person must not live happily. I cant believe I read it all. Personally this person sounds sad. Almost like they tried to be a chef and failed. SO because it was something they couldnt accomplish the only way they can cope with their failure is rip apart the idea of being a chef. Like a child who would rather destroy something because they cant have it.

yeah, definitely sounds like dude had a terrible experience in a kitchen at some point, probably was fuckin up and got yelled at a lot, and is lashing out on a blog. Made me laugh a few times though.

Adjusting to new surroundings and trying to find a place worth working is proving to be very difficult, so some of that shit i could relate to. Also, was drunk and angry when I read it.