this is what happens when a fuel tanker explodes

Abracadabra

ba_freewaycollapse_155.jpg

ba_freewaycollapse_180.jpg

Roadway to Bay Bridge collapses after tanker explosion

A tanker carrying unleaded gasoline exploded early this morning, causing 250 yards of roadway to collapse near Emeryville. The driver walked away from the incident and took a taxi to a nearby hospital where he is being treated for second-degree burns, according to the California Highway Patrol.

California Highway Patrol officer Trenton Cross said he believed that speed was a factor in the tanker crash, which caused roadway on Interstate 580 at Interstate 80, located near Emeryville to be completely destroyed. The tanker explosion caused the upper deck of a connector ramp to collapse onto the lower deck, according to a California Highway Patrol dispatcher.

Interstate 580 is closed approaching the Bay Bridge, according to the dispatcher.

The dispatcher said eastbound Interstate 80 to eastbound Interstate Highway 580 collapsed after heat from the tanker explosion on the westbound Interstate 580 at Interstate 80 rose and melted the upper roadway.

The dispatcher said traffic continues to flow on to the San Francisco Bay Bridge.

Travelers wishing to enter San Francisco from the East Bay may take Interstate 80, which remains open.

The dispatcher said there is no word on when the roadway will be open, and it could be days if not months before traffic resumes as usual on this stretch of road.

source

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn that guy's life is fucked. Not only will he have to deal with disfiguring burns for the rest of his life. But he will probably be thrown in the slammer and have to work that money off at slave labor income or something... heh damn.

i was driving down the road the other night.. and there was a fuel tanker about 100yds ahead of me.. we are approaching an under pass where people are welding.. i guess dude in the truck wasnt paying attention or didnt see the massive amounts of sparks.. he locked up his breaks and put the truck and tanker sideways.

i thought i was gonna see an explosion.

Damn that guy's life is fucked. Not only will he have to deal with disfiguring burns for the rest of his life. But he will probably be thrown in the slammer and have to work that money off at slave labor income or something... heh damn.

what would he be thrown in the slammer for? no real crime was committed, i mean they could get him for speeding and reckless endangerment. with they way those motherfuckers drive, those tanker trucks are bombs on wheels to begin with.

AP photo of the bridge

ap-image-7ca4e68d-e891-40f2-b792-f5d92a89fd3c.jpg

my dad drives a fuel truck. he was in an accident once, some lady cut him off and he ended up jack-knifed in the median with 2 broken ribs, the crazy part is that the truck was empty, which is really full of gas vapors which are MORE flammable than gas. and he didn't blow. so i said

"YAY" cause hes a great guy.