the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

photo-1_zpsfac274ec.jpg

photo_zps91b4e615.jpg

sloppy

photo-2_zps8f3c3cd5.jpg

i like the m on this one but the top of the s is too wide

photo-3_zpsc1bb9b0e.jpg

top of the first s is fucked up, but this is also the 5th thing i ever painted

I feel like a major toy in this thread let me know what you guys think, critiquing/advice is greatly appreciated. I'll have some more work in a few weeks when i get more paint and caps

and to torch21, i like it man, like schnitzel said it could use a little more defined outline, and also i would say make the c a little shorter and the center a little wider, and also i think the bottom of the bottom left leg of the k could be a little wider too. otherwise that shit is dope

• 2 weeks later...
ok, never do that again. That is not cool.

Work more on paper unless you have a legal spot to paint. Don't do that shit illegal and get arrested.

I can't tell if trolling of just a really really bad newb....

alright sorry for being a fucktard toy. I just wanted to go out and paint really bad. I tried something that I wasn't even close to being ready for.

I tried it again. No stupid fill. No drips. No crazy colors. Just lines.

mEw1bhG.jpg

• Like 1

alright so i hope this helps you as opposed to just making you more confused. fillins tend to be more about flow cause well you sure as hell dont wanna have to be doing alll this complex shit save that for the pieces or until you know more about what you're doing.

every letter i did goes in the direction of the left with the exception of the top of the S. this sets it up nicely to for you to do the next letter. you can see where i crossed the line of the other letters and if you follow the direction of the line it goes down to the bottom right-ish of the letters.

you almost get like momentum(?) doing things like this(?) its just so much easier and more efficent than some stop and go. also it just looks better once you get a hang of it. hope this helps

oh and by no means do you have to do the letters like this just the way you draw them should be similar to each other letter in the way it looks/it's properties.

C56rQZa.jpg

Blind leading the blind in here. Sable you need to spend some time sketching and working on your letters. When they said stop and start they mean you should do each letter in mostly one line. Your s and a are particular bad for that. But in general you need to practice

Blind leading the blind in here. Sable you need to spend some time sketching and working on your letters. When they said stop and start they mean you should do each letter in mostly one line. Your s and a are particular bad for that. But in general you need to practice

Thanks homie, I figured it out. I just needed to go over my lines a few more times so you couldn't tell where I was starting and stoping my lines

IMG_2345.jpg

One more today. Tried getting a character in there.

saying 'homie' online to a stranger is teh gayzz. Also, you dont understand what a throwup is.

Do your research, kiddo. Lean technique BEFORE you get arrested for shit that you will regret.

Don't take the extra time to go back over shitty lines, make them right the first time, and do it fast. FAST.

^practice can control with characters if you find them easier, it might be a good way to practice painting without looking like a supertoy.

But keep the letters on paper until you learn why what you are doing is wrong. Fluid motions dude, fast and simple.

And no, nobody will give you answers online. It just doesn't happen that way man

• 2 weeks later...