the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

mone and show, dope, and bz, keep it up man, you takin them crits and puttin them to use, you gonna go far if you postive about the feed back you get man. And sper weres that spot at, i know that its legal, just wonderin, hit me up through a pm.

Thanks man, i do try to factor in every crit.

7917656830_da4b41a115.jpg

decent toss

7917681682_ae1a25e654.jpg

Need to fix the form of the Z, and outline better. only had fatcaps.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So dudes, I've been asking around and I still can't figure it out. What should I charge someone for painting an ad like this at a shitty free wall at a big ass university? Some say sixty, other people who paint ads say a hundred but I got a total turn down for saying seventy five. It seems like it could turn into a regular thing so I need to work out something concrete.

IMG_7155.jpg

As if I should even worry about concealing this location at this point...don't bag on the black square.

It looks shitty to you dudes I'm sure but in comparison to the junk that people put up here it's a god damn picasso.

first off are they offering to get you the paint? if not then you have to decide whether or not doing it is going to be profitable to you. if the amount of work they want done exceeds in dollar signs the amount of paint you are gonna need its not worth it (obviously). then you got to factor in the actual labor fee. when you start out don't expect to get a whole lot of anything, especially if your skill level is lacking. people pay for quality and for someone who has a good reputation. bring quality shit to your walls consistently and people will pay more to have your work on their building. not to mention allow you more artistic freedom in the long run.

at this point i would just be happy if they pay for the paint for you. atleast you get to paint.

Then word. I got forty bucks, supplies paid for, and like fifty bucks worth of mtn. Switched up the paint and used mostly rusto high heat and american accents except for the details hahaha. So I guess I won out there.

From our perspectives it isn't too great but other people seem to appreciate it. The dude pocket dialed me talking about it and described it as "fucking legit" to a coworker so I guess that's a job well done.

bilde.jpg

2012-06-04_15-48-43_38.jpg

2012-06-07_17-57-25_376-1.jpg

@Sureisshitty-I was commissioned to do this bench for 100. on top of free paint. I would have done it for free for the experience. What it all comes down to really is I would Charge more money to someone that asks for a huge painting that is under their specific expectations of what the piece is. If I could do mostly of what I would like to do I would charge really cheap. That's just me though because I do it for the compassion not for the cash

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the experience and the paint. But I have no source of income and I like to make sure I have money to get more paint, feel me? But uh that made me feel like a greedy little bitch. Good shit. Mine...not so much. Then again for what he asked for I didn't feel like it called for crazy lettering...or at least my attempt at it. I am curious about getting a start in gigs like this and whether or not I should even be attempting them at this point. Hit me up in a pm if you wouldn't mind explaining your own history with it.

cglgr_zpsdd824d5f.jpg

ewt_zpsd3d3da20.jpg

a measly attempt to even out my chatter...

• Like 1

i already know bro. as we have had much sexual intercourse over the pass couple of months. lots of crazy homoerotic assramming. i stay up all night thinking about it while listening to that frank ocean song where he outs himself and pretending this otr marker is really you. wide tip, just the way i like it.

-spermguzzleroner

woah, you need to tone it down a notch man...

keep that shit to yourself.

i wanna be a part of this convo to guise, lol. i'm 12oz's oldest resident toy so anything that goes down here needs my final seal of approval, but in actuallity i should keep my nose out of other people's business and put it back inbetween my moms asscheeks where it belongs.

couldn't agree moar.