the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but a different from normal flow. It'll look good once it gets a little more thought/practice. If you do it again soon you should try to come up with something to do with the top of the m..but uhhh you probably knew that hahaha I can't even try to critique such better quality work.

but that N is pretty hilarious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sir alts I'm surprised to see you posting in the toy thread.

0619121852.jpg

So I'm slowly progressing but I'm still not getting totally solid letters in(though I usually don't really have anything in mind with some lettters) which kinda sucks. Can control is getting there but my fingy keeps getting tired then it starts to hurt and my hand shakes and it goes all to hell by the time im halfway through the outline. does this happen to other folk? I tried using pink dots instead of ny fats but they don't do too well on sekts

also, did I fuck up on the shadow at the lower half of the e? I seriously can't even tell, dunno why. It made sense when I did the shadow but when I came back to do highlights I couldn't figure out where a highlight would make sense on the bar, it was weird.

I'm about to cut that god damn tree down

haha red loves the negs /nh

Yea I post my painted stuff in here because i still have a long way to go with my paint, always notice areas to correct (like the L) or places where everything could just be cleaner. Did this today about 3 hours in total i think

7408845770_1fa8ab6cc1_c.jpg

sper i'd bolden your outlines and dont say fingy, although my fingertip has now been numb for 6 hours after painting today hahah

I said it in humor, as I assumed someone would say quit bitchin about your finger. Sarcasm fellows sarcasm. But then again I did say fingy.....I also said zine...fuck oh well

Good to know about the outlines, they do get skinny in places I think it's because I'm afraid if I slow down and make them fatter I'll get a wobbly line in and do even more damage to it.

I see what you mean with the l....maybe if you didn't split it(or at least made the split smaller) and leaned it farther towards the right? I do dig that s though, excluding the last two feet of it.

Names are a bitch if someone else has one, just add a number and no one will complain, ain't that hard.

-Alts, that is a solid,good piece man. Only things you need to work on is maybe less extensions (some seem really random), and getting your lines clean and not shaky. What helped me out was looking where my line will go, instead of watching it as i paint to make sure it's clean. To clarify, just be confident in your strokes and don't over-think it. Keeping a rhythm helps too.

• Like 1

Sir alts I'm surprised to see you posting in the toy thread.

0619121852.jpg

So I'm slowly progressing but I'm still not getting totally solid letters in(though I usually don't really have anything in mind with some lettters) which kinda sucks. Can control is getting there but my fingy keeps getting tired then it starts to hurt and my hand shakes and it goes all to hell by the time im halfway through the outline. does this happen to other folk? I tried using pink dots instead of ny fats but they don't do too well on sekts

also, did I fuck up on the shadow at the lower half of the e? I seriously can't even tell, dunno why. It made sense when I did the shadow but when I came back to do highlights I couldn't figure out where a highlight would make sense on the bar, it was weird.

For one, ya talk a lot kid...

Secondly, hand fatigue happens, (mainly to those who don't paint ever).

Paint every few days, and it goes away as your hand gets stronger. I have a callus in a circular shape on my index finger from NY fats. If you get fatigue, switch fingers(or hands). I usually use my middle finger and thumb for fills, and index for outline. Giving up at the end of a piece really destroys the whole outcome, so stay focused. If you want better letters, draw more!

I use Rusto, and sekt adapters with an NY fat are pretty much all I use(lots of writers use this combo).

Try and not think about how clean stuff is, just do it fast and steady and it'll come out clean with practice.

I'd simplify the E, and keep that bottom bar uniform instead of flared. Keep the E's structure like a 3 instead of it getting broken into bars that barely connect at the bottom. The 3d and control need work, and I'd keep the S smooth and uniform, instead of making it narrow where the bars connect.

Hay MONE you need to change your name. Its already exist a MONE and its much older than you

see the attached link

That is "Mone78" I have him on Facebook also lol. And he is not the first "MONE" Either hense the name Mone78

There is a Mone that writes out of New York that is ancient in the Graff world that has actually confronted me on here. I know I am not the first Mone but I look at style rather than what Artists call there selves... At this point in time all the names have to be taken

For instance There is a Pose1 and a Pose2 even know Pose2 was most likely the name bearer of Pose longer than Pose from Chicago.

Style matters Peace

@Romero- The train left within 8 minutes of me starting the piece I ran to get a flick while some dude was walking towards me lol