Virginia Tech Psycho

Larry Pubes

I guarantee if everyone was allowed to carry a firearm wherever they went.. The amount of gun related deaths in the US would just skyrocket doing nothing towards protection.

If you want something for protection it should be something that won't be at risk of killing someone but temporarily injure them, like mace or pepper spray.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the right to bare arms, but this kid was declared by the virgina courts as MENTALY ILL. Plus he was not a citizen of the US, and had the police called on him over stalking female students.

SO... Legaly INSANE, non-US-citizen, Stalkers can walk into a gun store in most states and purchase a large caliber semi-auto handgun and walk out with it the same day.

INSANE, NON-CITIZEN, STALKERS WHOS WRTINGS SCARE TEACHERS, CAN BUY LARGE GUNS AND USE THEM ON INNOCENT PEOPLE! YAAY NRA!!!

"I guarantee if everyone was allowed to carry a firearm wherever they went.. The amount of gun related deaths in the US would just skyrocket doing nothing towards protection."

why do vermont and alaska with no carry permits whatsoever have the lowest crime rates? why do 26 states have shall issue handgun permits and there crime rates are a fraction of what california, new york, dc, maryland have? believe it or not, but most people dont want to kill people. for the unfortunate few who do, they have to be dealt with.

i favor mace to disable a victim. by all means try to disable an aggressor by whatever means possible. but here is a hint, if an aggressor is still moving in any fashion, he is a threat. look at insurgents in iraq... some of these guys arent incompacitated by numerous green tipped m855 556 rounds (steel core rounds) and some of them just laugh at 9mm rounds. i dont think mace will cut it if someone is bent on killing you. so what is the alternative?

dial 911 and die or have a gun to defend yourself and have a chance of an innocent person living and an aggressor being incompacited. i'll choose the latter.

what is your point? a totally sane person can buy a gun, pass a felon background check and then go totally buck wild. but i know i know, your solution is total victim disarmament. where only the bushies and bad guys have guns. after all, everything that you can do illegal with a gun, is already illegal. but that only applies to honest people, the criminals dont have to follow those 'rules' apparently.

i just learned that no one has the right to self defense according to a handful of 12ozer's.

i'm not mad, just making an acute observation that you're the type of dude that throws around bullshit labels and accusations when people disagree with your stance ala punditry hosts. examples would include the following extremities: "anti human, anti bill of rights, anti self defense, anti defense of life" and you had a real winner at the end of the post you just edited as well. something about being pro-victim defenslessness.

well in that case, you're an extremist ideologue. your little rhetorical tactic where the general population are now 'victims' and since i disagree with having a whole bunch of people strapped and waiting for the opportunity to 'defend' themselves, i'm now for disarming 'victims' and i'm anti human rights, anti defense of life etc...it's punditry 101.

as i mentioned before, i'm not advocating banning guns, nor am i in a position to address some black and white master solution like you think you are, i'm just disagreeing with your position. deal with it.

i still cannot fathom why people are in such denial and keep defending guns so vehemently, and want to maintain the status quo. seriously, why do you want to have guns so badly?

i'm pretty sure if a group of guys bought guns legally, and went on a 500-person killing spree at a crowded festival, they'd still be defending guns and think nothing should be regulated. at all.

amazing.

Well, the ironic fact is that the current gun laws failed this time around. The kid had been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital in 2005, and if that happens to a person then they cannot purchase a gun, legally. He lied on his application, that is how he obtained the gun.

Well, the ironic fact is that the current gun laws failed this time around. The kid had been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital in 2005, and if that happens to a person then they cannot purchase a gun, legally. He lied on his application, that is how he obtained the gun.

You are correct, the gun laws are broken in many states, And do not prevent dangerous people from buying guns.

I OWN GUNS, but think gun laws need to be changed, it needs to be harder to buy semi-automatic guns and extended clips. I am a dirtbag who most people would not want armed in their neighborhood, and even I can see that there are too many fancy guns in america. Bush and the Republican congress let the assault rifle ban laws expire in 2004 when they did not sign to renew the bill. Now it is legal to buy extended clips and types of semi-auto guns that were banned for 10 years.

There were obvious signs that this kid should not be armed, there were obvious signs that this kid was dangerous to himself an others. and yet he could walk into a gun store and walk out with a 9mm the same day. He might have used arson or poison to kill people if he could not get guns, but guns seem to be the weapon of choise for these young shooters.

Saint Louis was the murder capital last year, and they have conceal and carry laws in that state. A friend of mine was shot through the next this week in downtown saint louis by a drug addict who was trying to rob him. The loose gun laws didnt help him any, it could have only helped him if he were the one with the gun and the mugger had a knife. Plus now the police in that town have an itchy trigger finger even during a routine traffic stop.

Better working gun laws only slove half the problem, the other part of the problem is Americas violent society. Our leaders start wars and kill innocent people around the world, they torture people in secret prisons and bully anyone who objects to their actions. We praise the action hero, the cowboy gunslinger, the mafia member, the drug kingpin, the rapper with the most bullet holes in him. Our leaders teach us not to talk things out with people you dont agree with(iran syria), and to launch preemptive attacks.

There are enough guns in america to arm evey man woman and child many times over, we have plenty of guns and yet every year we buy more and more. Plus our gun companies sell guns all other the world, and equip foriegn armies and militias. The spend 75% of the federal budget on defense and war. And we cut funding for schools, healthcare, social services, mental help and drug treatment. We love being militaristic so much it is fashionable to wear camouflage and drive a hummer.

Our Society is sick, and these shootings are a symptom.

if you dont agree with that bill passed you are completely hopeless. a gun is an non living thing. it can hurt no one UNLESS A PERSON USES IT THE WRONG WAY. as i said before, your mom is equipped to be a prostitute, the same way a militia member is armed to kill. now, is every woman a prostitute?

if you want to start banning things that are dangerous and cause injuries or deaths lets get going... lets ban cars, trucks, suv's, highways, cookies, mcdonalds, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, (woop they already are but that is a major problem) bungee jumping, karate, butter, lightning strikes... you know.lets cover all bases.

look drugs are banned. i can get drugs almost any time and any where in the US that i want them. this is the same with guns, handguns were banned in DC for years. but i could call someone and have a handgun in about 20 minutes if i really wanted it. and then there is the potency effect... if you ban guns nationally, smugglers arent going to be sneaking in bb guns and .22's or handguns, theya re going to be sneaking in full auto AK's and hk91's. same way when alcohol was banned everyone was pushing whiskey and bathtub gin.

sorry guys, but banning guns would be the worst idea ever. if you are a felon and will use the gun in a bad way, you are already outlawed from owning it to begin with. do you think that felons are just walking into the gun stores and buying them when they dont pass nics background checks? get real. 90% of guns used in crimes are illegal guns. so in effect what you are advocating is banning guns so the average law abiding sheep wont be able to defend himself. or you are turning him into a criminal by forcing him to buy a gun illegally.

i know most of you dont believe in property rights and this is obvious in your case against guns. if you have a right to own anything, you have a right to protect it. this includes your body. there is no other way to handle this. absolutely no other way. when the bill of rights says 'shall not be infringed' it doesnt mean you have to wait 7 days, cant buy a hi cap mag, etc etc.

besides give me numbers on crimes done with assault weapons and high capacity mags. look real hard. the assault weapons ban was a gigantic fraud. it didnt even ban any guns. it just banned guns with 2 or more features flash hider, pistol grip, bayonet lug, high cap mag, folding stock. all guns were still available but in slightly different configuration. and statistically gun crime increased dramatically during the assault weapons ban.

outlaw guns and only BUSH and people who want to kill others will have guns. do you really want that? do you trust bush, with his near dictator powers to be hte only body armed? yeah, you do apparently.

obviously uninfringing guns for defensive uses will not eliminate crime. it will reduce it, as empirical evidence shows. but the plan of allowing law abiding citizens to own guns for self defense is the best plan. not only will it reduce crime, but unlike gun control advocates plans, it will not disarm victims. that way when the police are busy 'surrounding' the campus where is a wacko is loose, atleast victims will have the liberty to defend themselves if they choose too. then maybe, the threat could be neutralized and not as many victims will be dead.

there are states that allow no permit open and concealed carry weapons. these states have the lowest crime rates in the country, and it is not 'the old west,'

You are correct, the gun laws are broken in many states, And do not prevent dangerous people from buying guns.

I OWN GUNS, but think gun laws need to be changed, it needs to be harder to buy semi-automatic guns and extended clips. I am a dirtbag who most people would not want armed in their neighborhood, and even I can see that there are too many fancy guns in america. Bush and the Republican congress let the assault rifle ban laws expire in 2004 when they did not sign to renew the bill. Now it is legal to buy extended clips and types of semi-auto guns that were banned for 10 years.

There were obvious signs that this kid should not be armed, there were obvious signs that this kid was dangerous to himself an others. and yet he could walk into a gun store and walk out with a 9mm the same day. He might have used arson or poison to kill people if he could not get guns, but guns seem to be the weapon of choise for these young shooters.

Saint Louis was the murder capital last year, and they have conceal and carry laws in that state. A friend of mine was shot through the next this week in downtown saint louis by a drug addict who was trying to rob him. The loose gun laws didnt help him any, it could have only helped him if he were the one with the gun and the mugger had a knife. Plus now the police in that town have an itchy trigger finger even during a routine traffic stop.

Better working gun laws only slove half the problem, the other part of the problem is Americas violent society. Our leaders start wars and kill innocent people around the world, they torture people in secret prisons and bully anyone who objects to their actions. We praise the action hero, the cowboy gunslinger, the mafia member, the drug kingpin, the rapper with the most bullet holes in him. Our leaders teach us not to talk things out with people you dont agree with(iran syria), and to launch preemptive attacks.

There are enough guns in america to arm evey man woman and child many times over, we have plenty of guns and yet every year we buy more and more. Plus our gun companies sell guns all other the world, and equip foriegn armies and militias. The spend 75% of the federal budget on defense and war. And we cut funding for schools, healthcare, social services, mental help and drug treatment. We love being militaristic so much it is fashionable to wear camouflage and drive a hummer.

Our Society is sick, and these shootings are a symptom.

good post.

the moment guns are banned in this country, is the moment the government and any armed forces, even cops, come into your house and rape your wife.

if the native americans would have had guns, the europeans would not have taken over the americas.

you think the american government and local police is this huge benevolent creature.

please, look how the NYPD just kills innocent people for no reason.

I'm going to use your post a springboard to free-write, Fermentor, so don't take this as some b.s. long-winded attack on you. Your post just so happened to stir up some think.

People, people, when is everyone going to wake up and realize that the problem is rooted far deeper than gun laws?.

Sure, but I think that a 'media-saturated' culture is of nominal relevancy here. Feeling contempt for a society that one can't assimilate into, and wanting to eliminate as many members of that society as a result, is not a contemporary problem.

Being able to kill sixteen people with sixteen squeezes of the index, however, is.

Do you really think someone with such deep-rooted problems needs advertising to remind him that he feels like an 'outsider'?

IMO:

The problem isn't that Western(ized) cultures force you to assimilate into 'star-saturated' success-worship or live in squalor, as the choice to jump ship and live another way is always there if you want it badly enough.

To me, it seems that the problem at hand lies in an inability to percieve, and deal effectively with, reality.

The kid in question felt that he was living in a hateful, vindictive society where people craved more material success than they needed, and cared not for those that they 'rolled over' on their way to getting more.

(While I can see how a confused twenty-something could percieve the world this way, I'm aware enough of the world around me to know that this is not the case 100% of the time, 100% of everywhere you go. Hell, not even 75%.)

He felt that if he didn't live up to this way of life, or see the world as they did, he would be laughed at, alienated, socially crossed-out and left to live life alone.

If he felt this was wrong, and didn't want to be a part of such a 'shallow' culture, he could have gone AWOL, and let those who were okay such a life deal with their moral dilemmas on their own time.

Here lies the problem:

He felt that their way of life was 'wrong' and, based on his actions, that he was in the 'right' for ridding the planet of people with such 'caustic' demeanors.

Here is the reality:

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to live a life, and no one is ever forcing you, through ambient means, to be something you do not want to be.

There are ways that work for some people and other, different ways that work for other people, and other ways that work for other people still. If he felt that someone was denying him his happiness he should've mustered the gall to find it elsewhere. To turn around and end the lives of those who are finding their respective happiness is to act contrary to his premise - to be a hypocrite while swinging god's gavel, so to speak.

In the end, this kid didn't understand something that's pretty basic to most people:

That you can live a life however the hell you want to, so long as you're not denying others their happiness, and people (the ones that count, anyway) will be very accepting of you.

This kid didn't realize that he was free to do whatever the hell he wanted with his life and as a result, felt trapped.

And what does an animal do when it feels trapped?

It fights back.

Juan, Actually, i was thinking , damn this dude sounds like a robot on his video. Like he was out of it. I mean you'd think someone would be all raging out in the midst of something like that, but his statements were eerily calculating and robot like. Weird.

190407killer.jpg

I wouldn't want to be the dude next to Cho right now.