UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

...was going to say, that fight probably saved cro cops career...

last card was a good one, bisping did suprisingly well against wanerlai, who also probably had a career saving victory, bader probably ended jardines career unless rashad can save em, and that george stepododoplolos dude is quickly turning into someone I will look forward to watching

...fucked up to see big nog take another k.o (dudes only 33!?!?!!) but cain is serious!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you wont see that because carwin is garbage.

hes never fought anyone.

mir is a beast. especially now hes fuckin big.

throw any heavyweight at brock and he's going to destroy them.

i would love to see fedor come over and get his ass whooped.

as long as brock doesnt stand with fedor hes gonna win.

hes way too strong and heavy.

wrestling > any other discipline.

Wrestling seems like the best base for MMA, but Lesnar still hasn't proven himself as far as I'm concerned. He couldn't finish Herring, Couture gave him a run for his money with a 40+ lb size and a fat reach disadvantage (not to mention age), and Lesnar beat an overconfident, much smaller Mir, after losing to him previously. If Brock wins his next two fights I'll believe he's the real deal. He is improving though.

you'll believe he's the real deal?

homie he is the motherfucking heavyweight CHAMPION.

not kimbo.

he DESTROYED herring. he HUMILIATED mir.

he beat mir's ass TWICE, only the first fight he left himself open for that knee bar.

he is not invincible, but he is the best wrestler in mma and that alone will suffice until he gets hands.

idk how anyone is gonna knock him out, his neck is so big you cant rock him in the jaw.

and why is it brock's problem that he's so big? you guys say that like its cheating.

dude fights at 285-290 and moves like hes 185.

Obviously people's personal feelings about fighters influence their assessment of their skills. But I guess that's the fun of yapping about it on a forum. In a way I wish the fights themselves didn't take so much out of the fighters as far as recovery time before the next fight. Then you could have a round robin type tournament with Mir, Lesnar, Carwin, Fedor, Velasquez, etc. banging the bejesus out of each other in one night instead of waiting so long for a particular matchup that the dudes' careers are in a different way by the time they meet (Liddell-Silva, Couture-Coleman, etc.).

you'll believe he's the real deal?

homie he is the motherfucking heavyweight CHAMPION.

not kimbo.

he DESTROYED herring. he HUMILIATED mir.

he beat mir's ass TWICE, only the first fight he left himself open for that knee bar.

he is not invincible, but he is the best wrestler in mma and that alone will suffice until he gets hands.

idk how anyone is gonna knock him out, his neck is so big you cant rock him in the jaw.

and why is it brock's problem that he's so big? you guys say that like its cheating.

dude fights at 285-290 and moves like hes 185.

Dana White damn near handed him the belt. He beat old-ass Couture who might as well have been (and now is) a light heavyweight, to become champion. Then he beat Frank Mir, which was definitely impressive. We'll see how their next fight turns out with Frank fighting at 280+.

Being big isn't a 'problem', but it doesn't make his win over Couture as impressive.

Lesnar's doing well, but as far as his resume (yes I've watched his fights) goes I don't get why anyone thinks he's so much better than guys like Fedor, Cain, Brett Rogers, Dos Santos, Josh Barnett, even Carwin (although I think Carwin is over-hyped.) Dude's only had 5 fights, and lost 1 of those.

This is all just message board talk anyway, we'll see what happens.

Dudes got a 26-7 record..two of those in UFC. I am sure that is not domination

his career is awesome... but he was 1-3 in the ufc until that fight. And after his loss to dos santos basically said he was over.

2w3l is going to be a hard way to start a domination is all im saying.

you wont see that because carwin is garbage.

hes never fought anyone.

mir is a beast. especially now hes fuckin big.

throw any heavyweight at brock and he's going to destroy them.

i would love to see fedor come over and get his ass whooped.

as long as brock doesnt stand with fedor hes gonna win.

hes way too strong and heavy.

wrestling > any other discipline.

brock is a shitty fighter. he has no fucking hands. he's heavy and quick and if he gets on top of you you're basically done. the carwin lesner fight will only be good because they are both big dumb fucking rednecks who can't fucking fight

end

Really, Fedor has beat all of the current UFC champions. Dude is a beast, not just with his hands but he has sambo skills that are fucking crazy.

Fedor doesnt want to sign with UFC anyways, for what? Who do they have to challenge him? Some no name jobber that is just going to get dominated in the first round.

nope

brock is a shitty fighter. he has no fucking hands. he's heavy and quick and if he gets on top of you you're basically done. the carwin lesner fight will only be good because they are both big dumb fucking rednecks who can't fucking fight

end

brock is a shitty fighter because he is heavy and quick and has dominant top game? alright. his hands knocked herring on his ass. destroyed mir's face. made a dude tap.

youre onto something :D :D :D :D

StrikeForce is still an emerging fight promotion, and Dana is an asshole so whatever. Fedors contract is only for a year and he can still fight in japan. Which is very important to him and Russia.

Brock is a shitty fighter. fuck all these celebs trying to hop on MMA dick because its gaining popularity. Except JCVD of course. It takes time to be a good fighter not steroids. His natural advantages will only last so long. wasn't someone talking about being onesided? this is worse.

i agree with your rant mostly about celebrities. however, brock doesnt fall into that category, hes an amazing athlete. he only became a "celebrity" by being an athlete. hes not 1 dimensional, he has knock out power from 6 inches away. world class wrestling skills. people hate on brock because he's cocky, just like bj penn. brock should be getting nothing but praise from fight fans. the fact that he has only fought 5 times and is the champion should be a great thing. so what if dana white gave him big names to fight. he said he wanted the best to prove he was for real in the sport, if not he was gonna stop.

and van damme got knocked the fuck out by chuck zito. how tough is he really?

either way, these mma debates are entertaining to me and sadly the state of graffiti in my area (san jose/san francisco) has become so saturated with gossiping nutriders, that this is the only thread on teh oontz that i frequent.

look man, Im not planning to go back and forth on the subject, but lets be realistic, Brock has knock out power cuz hes a giant. anyone that big will k.o. someone if connected. That not a gained skill when your that big, that's an obvious.

His wrestling, although I agree having wrestled for all his years you will eventually know more then other but the truth is, his career of winning is very much accredited to his size advantage i.e. when in doubt lay on top and tire them out.

Point is, he's a giant playing a regular mans aggression sport, he is obviously going to have a huge advantage. Anyone who cannot see this is pretty dumb.

thats not what i was doing and you know it.

bj penn is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.

brock is a dominate human being.

you cant discredit him for his size.

until they make a super heavyweight division...

I can discredit him all i want, the same way I can discredit a 30 foot tall human in UFC, or how wack a 3 foot tall fighter would be. Size plays a huge part in an agressive sport. If youre talking about golf or bowling, I wouldnt give a shit if he was 12 foot tall.

two words, unfair advantage.