UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

Anyone see the prelims?

What the fuck was up with Gracie? Dude disgraced his whole family lineage in one fight.

And Tito is a douchebag, Coleman looked bad and he did take that fight pretty hard. If you watch some of the youtube clips of him training this fight ment a lot to him. Fucking Tito had to come in and be a douche when Coleman was down

I hope he gets the shit kicked out of him by Chuck, then I hope he goes outside and gets raped by some hobos. That dude is an asshole

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i was very surpised with thiago's performance, the thought swick would of run all over him since his teammates have already scrapped with paulo.

As for tito's douche bag antics, I really hope he gets knocked the fuck out by liddel!!!

Holy shit Chael was also a big upset, but will get fucked up by silva.

or Vitor? haha

Really follow UFC/WEC. If Strikeforce was PPV TV w/ better matches I might watch that.

Next UFC is 2/20 in Australia, which I think they should give for free as you can know all the results before watching. Main part of the card:

M. Nogueira/Velasquez

W. Silva/Bisping

Stevenson/Sotiropoulos

Jardine/Bader

Cro Cop/Rothwell

After saying what I did about Strikeforce, last UFC sucked & this one there's only 1 main card fight I care to see.

WEC is 3/6:

Bowles/Cruz

Torres/Benavidez

Pulver/Vazquez

Strikeforce isn't bad, they just don't have much of a roster. I want to see them put Brett Rogers up against that Bobby Lashley guy.

Next card I plan on buying is probably UFC 111. It's got GSP vs. Dan Hardy and Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin. I'm intrigued to see how Mir comes out after gaining all that strength.

112 is sounding really good too, Silva vs. Belfort and BJ Penn vs. Frank Edgar.

And that new Gracie kid...damn. He must be the gay little brother who just wants to join the drama club but his family was like "You're gonna fight you sissy!" At the end of that fight he's lying face down, just covering up, thinking "Man they're gonna kick my as as soon as I get off the plane"

dude gracies are good bjj cats. being a good bjj cat doens't make you a good fighter. and that dude was obviously not MMA. he was BJJ.

not like hoyce was some kinda good fighter. he was a great bjj cat, when noone knew about bjj.

what in the hell are you talking about? bjj isnt functional fighting all the sudden? Youre out of your mind, the other guy wasnt even a good fighter, this Gracie guy was completely overweight and out of shpae, his stamina gave out on him midway through. Thats what made him look bad. He wasnt anywhere ready to step into that ring for 3 rounds.

BJJ is functional fighting, tell Anyone with the last name Silva otherwise. lol or anyone from Brazil.

That has to be one of the dumbest comments I think Ive ever read in here. smh

its not the style of fighting that wins fights. being good at a certain style to me is about 55% of what it takes to win a fight. the other is figuring out your opponenents patterns and weaknesses, seeing those holes come up and being ready to take advantage of them using your best abilities, weather its bjj, judo, sambo, boxing or muay thai(wins fights). lol jk but yeah thats my 2 cents

muay-thai.jpg

Nothing wrong with bjj. But that new Gracie kid didn't have any of the auxiliary skills that allow bjj to be effective - like enough standup to survive long enough to get a takedown, and the takedown skill, and the cardio to keep trying, and the heart to bring it, etc. He is in a drawing board situation.