UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hate to be trivial but that is far from silva getting his ass kicked, i havent seen every single one of his fights before ufc but i do know ive never seen him rocked, shit i feel like ive never even seen him get hit, but thats prob just me trying to proove my point.....either way dudes an awesome fighter and i feel like right now the only who would give him is an exciting fight is lyoto, although hua could be interesting as well....

Dos Santos over Yvel, TKO. (Yvel protested stoppage but on replay he was clearly out long enough to call it)

Daley over Hazelett, nasty KO.

Evans over T. Silva, unanimous decision (29-28x3 I believe). Evans with control and takedowns. Silva rocked him (and taunted him Anderson Silva style) in the last round but it wasn't enough.

who else...Cole Miller over Dan Lauzon. Kampmann choked out Volkmann. Sam Stout unanimous decision over Joe Lauzon (by a lot, like 30-26, Joe barely survived). The other Miller submitted Bang Ludwig, armbar or something. Munoz pounded somebody.

Yeah, so-so night. The knock outs were good but would have liked to have seen more action. Granted, Hazelett's game is on the ground, but standing in front of a striker doing push kicks is probably going to end the way it did. Would have also liked to have seen Evans lose that, especially since Silva buckled him. Kind of amusing to see him make fun of Evans, but it doesn't work as well when you lose.

Hazelett came out of the gate with some crazy somersault shit that took up the whole width of the octagon, dunno what it was called but Daley dodged. Then Hazelett looked OK on his feet for a while, but a submission guy who has "recently worked hard on his striking" is still not going to win the stand-up war with Daley. He took too long trying for the takedown is all.

this card lacked in talent, when you have a main event with two guys that got destroyed by lyoto, that's what you get! It feels like the ufc is just putting on cards for the fuck of it, and still charge that rape price PPV. Well at least we know now that Lesnar will not fight for a long time, lets see what kind of PPV numbers they make in 2010 without there white cash cow.