UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

Yeah, I always liked Davis. But Saunders is a tall dude and had mad reach. Davis was clearly wary of what was coming, tried to jump in and out, but just couldn't stay out of the way of those muay thai knees. Saunders also threw some decent punches so he wasn't one-dimensional. Tough package to work against, like a white Andersen Silva.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My $$ on Penn. Don't know how to call Mir-Congo. Florian-Guida could be the most entertaining of the three, I give Ken the edge but not by a ton.

Penn-Sanchez, I dunno, sometimes two beasts collide and cancel each other out, go the distance and get some dissatisfying split decision shit. That's the only scenario I see working for Sanchez. I'll be surprised if anybody FINISHES Penn anytime before 2011.

i liked how someone up there said Diego will "work" Penn... haha do you their histories? i mean yea diego has a nice record but who the fuck has he fought... a young Ken Florian who Penn fucked up not long ago? a few shitty decision wins that were boring fights anyhow.. dude is alot of hype...

Penn has too much for dude...

People are giving Houston Alexander way too much credit. Let's see what he has actually done in the UFC: knocked out Alessio Sakara (Glass Jaw) and knocked out Keith Jardine (Proven overrated) then he lost three in a row, TKO, TKO, Submission , then booted from the UFC. He is a sub-par fighter.

The guy is tailored made to make Kimbo look good. He has zero ground game, Kimbo's huge weakness, and his stand up is pretty much a brawler style. He will be swinging for the fences and either knock Kimbo out in the first minute or gas and then Kimbo would get to put on a show. Houston is a one puncher so there's no fear of Kimbo being "out skilled", he will either get knocked out or win. Though I pretty much expect him to be knocked out quickly.

On the Alexander subject, UFC careers are very short lived for a lot of fighters, almost seems a shame for some fighters (I said some). I barely recall 2 of his losses. The other knock out was quick and disappointing, but keep in mind he lost to a dude with a great punch who has been on the highlight reel before. As for his wins, he got rocked good in the Jardine fight and you can't knock that comeback, dude is tough! And the beginning of the ending of the Sakara fight had nothing to do with his jaw, remember that huge lump he put on dude's eye with his knee? He also had a win outside the UFC that started w/ kicks/knees. IDK, I think dude is pretty tough despite losses and areas needing work, I'm going to enjoy seeing him back no matter who he fights.