the un official workout thread

podrido

I been doing starting strength for a few months.

but had to take about 6-8 weeks of recently, due to work.

Anyway, trying to lose some of the fat that comes with drinking a fuck load of full fat milk.

I switched to semi skimmed milk and drink way less now.

At the moment, im still loosely following the starting strength routine plus cycling for around 40mins 3 times a week. Although, I wouldnt mind switching routines if anyone can recommend anything good?

I'd quite like to do something involving chins and dips cos these have gone way down since i stopped doing them and I builked up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That book is really interesting Casek, I always thought you are better off using your natural body weight to develop yourself and it is crazy how even some of the easiest exercises in there can really start to burn on the muscles, looking forward to using this to develop a regular routine.

That book is really interesting Casek, I always thought you are better off using your natural body weight to develop yourself and it is crazy how even some of the easiest exercises in there can really start to burn on the muscles, looking forward to using this to develop a regular routine.

The part that blew my mind was about the old time strongmen using bodyweight exercises to gain the muscle that allowed them to bend nails, cast iron skillets, etc.

Also: I used to know this guy. He's no joke.

I been doing starting strength for a few months.

but had to take about 6-8 weeks of recently, due to work.

Anyway, trying to lose some of the fat that comes with drinking a fuck load of full fat milk.

I switched to semi skimmed milk and drink way less now.

At the moment, im still loosely following the starting strength routine plus cycling for around 40mins 3 times a week. Although, I wouldnt mind switching routines if anyone can recommend anything good?

I'd quite like to do something involving chins and dips cos these have gone way down since i stopped doing them and I builked up.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_3_25/ai_n31506106/

there are also 3 versions of this program:

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/60-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1.html

casek can you re-up the pdf?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IH10RAG0 

Also, that Nicole chick....dude. My jaw was agape. Not b/c she was showing

that other cat what it be (he had poor form), but b/c she's hotter than two

rats fucking in a wool sock.

• Like 1

youtube search ghetto workout,,apparently it's NYC's latest craze

The dudes that post these videos are impressive, but you can't just walk outside and decide to exercise like that. To even get to the level of pull-ups they are doing is a shitload of work. That book Casek posted is a good path to that type of strength.

not weird, but its a lot easier to run on a treadmill with less impact. i do both, depeneding on the weather..

thats what im sayin, i cant take running on pavement further then a mile. but i know a bunch of the cross country team people and they all think im crazy for liking running on a treadmil.

IMG_7911.jpg.e0bde677c2f37afa77abd9497783e28d.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg.fad300f76e36983c275c682ff500f906.jpg

The dudes that post these videos are impressive, but you can't just walk outside and decide to exercise like that. To even get to the level of pull-ups they are doing is a shitload of work. That book Casek posted is a good path to that type of strength.

Right on the money. I've got one of The Bartendaz dvd's (I did not pay for this) and dudes

are killin' on the calisthenics. It's all very disciplined work, but you cannot go out and decide to just do this type of workout.

Anyone interested in this grip work book I've got?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDR08RYH 

You can occupy yourself on a treadmill at least, I guess. TV and shit. Especially if you live in a place where the weather sucks donkey balls. Whenever I go running outside I need to be somewhere that the scenery changes frequently or I get crazy bored. The city is fun, but polluted air can beat your lungs. Where I'm at now is just barren land. So fucking boring, even on my bike.

Casek, I'll grab most any books you post up. I'm trying to collect enough exercise shit to do over the next year or so, so whatever. If it doesn't strike my fancy I can always delete it.

Those Bartendaz dudes do sick shit. I saw one video where a guy was doing pullups on one bar and thrusting himself up to a higher bar and then dropping back down and repeating. Over and over again. Amazing.

You can occupy yourself on a treadmill at least, I guess. TV and shit. Especially if you live in a place where the weather sucks donkey balls. Whenever I go running outside I need to be somewhere that the scenery changes frequently or I get crazy bored. The city is fun, but polluted air can beat your lungs. Where I'm at now is just barren land. So fucking boring, even on my bike.

Casek, I'll grab most any books you post up. I'm trying to collect enough exercise shit to do over the next year or so, so whatever. If it doesn't strike my fancy I can always delete it.

Those Bartendaz dudes do sick shit. I saw one video where a guy was doing pullups on one bar and thrusting himself up to a higher bar and then dropping back down and repeating. Over and over again. Amazing.

Word. When I get some more interesting stuff I'll make sure to upload it and link here.

Yeah, the Bartendaz do all sorts of crazy shit on the playground. They're also doing a lot to help those ghetto kids. That or they're turning them into hulking monsters who will eat regular people for breakfast.

Also, this:

i actually cant, if i look up at the tv's when im on the treadmill i start going to the side or run into the bar at the front and look like an idiot.

the local running spot around here is "the loop" at the beach, kinda nice scenery and about half a mile of it (total 3 miles) is on dirt trail which is nice. but half of it is along planters with the exact same looking trees spaced the exact distance, the exact color and exact size. and on both sides. its fucking hell jogging that stretch...

and never ran in the city before, something about stopping every block waiting for cars doesnt really appeal when your trying to do a 5 mile loop

I've been bouldering for the fuck of it lately. I started in order to supplement my BJJ, but now I'm almost addicted to climbing things and its definitely had an impact on my grip, forearms and lats. Certainly not hypertrophy, but they're much stronger.

Plus, it's a good way to work on your tan in the summer.

I don't know where I'm going with this post, but, yeah. It's been awhile.

That's just the thing. I was doing free weight work but I pretty much overnight reformed. I'm doing a circuit of the 6 core exercises Wade outlines but couple it with my running for the added cardio.

I already feel more of a better all around strengthening and burn throughout my body. He really hit home with the muscle confusion aspects of it and functionality over aesthetic. On top it I'm trying to stick with my 'no supplementation' agenda.

I recommend everyone incorporating aspects from Convict Conditioning.

You guys should check out Bruce Lee's books. He had a similar approach to the convict training guy in his later years (except he trained pretty much all day everyday). He got rid of his bulk and stripped himself down to functional strength and concentrated on using his strength to attain power and efficiency.

Dude could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for 20 seconds and perform 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.

Fuck it, here's the link. Peeperoni...

Bruce Lee - The Art Of Expressing The Human Body

Agreed. Functional strength training makes a lot more sense to me.

Waiting to see what an experienced weightlifter like AOD has to say about CC.

it looked pretty cool, although my woman accidentally trashed the file about 2 hours after i downloaded it so i wasnt able to read more than 10 minutes of it