The fast food award thread..

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born and raised. The ones i have had have just been soggy or dry. The fries just dont seem to work for me in my burrito. Its also just making something heavy even heavier. Seems like another reason to charge the customer an extra 75 cents.

kind of agree....im not big on the idea of adding starch inside something that already is starchy...like the vietnamese sandwiches that have spaghetti inside the bread....or a burrito with potatoes in it.

although i woke up really early to watch the world cup this morning and decided to try the breakfast burger at carls jr, and that had hash browns in it and wasnt that bad.

I've had a few good potato burritos in my life, but I agree that most just fall short.

And there are different burrito styles up and down the west coast. I imagine there is an authentic SD burrito, that isn't just a rip off of a Bay Area burrito, which I think most of the nation/world thinks is the CA Burrito... Maybe its just becoming a homogenized mess, lord knows my Colorado options for a good burrito die 25 miles away from Denver.

I was in San Rafael for xmas and my ex-s brother in law said he knew a real "legit burrito spot" that would satisfy me. Fucking completely missed the mark and bummed me out. Should have just driven into the city for some Taqueria Castillo in the TL.

As I know them----

California burrito - carne asada, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, French fries

.. Some places throw in curly fries as a gimmick

'San Diego burrito' :-/ SURF N TURF burrito - carne asada, shrimp, rice, cheese, tomato, onion, cilantro ...some do guacamole.

Conga burritos are bomb too - steak, rice, beans. That's it. Drunk and need to sober up? Conga!

the only thing that sucks is the $10 per person is for one appetizer that you have to stick to....bruschetta, wings, or potato skins....so its not like you pay $10 and can get a little bit of each.

but then, it would be weird to have an entire meal of just wings or just potato skins or bruscetta...if i go with my girlfriend, i will probably order the bruschetta and she can get the wings, and we can share over some drinks...just to snack...but not to get full on.

state fair is only a few days away.....let the weird food begin.

i heard about this today:

The folks at The Bacon Habit think everything is better with bacon and they’re testing it at this year’s California State Fair at Cal Expo by introducing “bacon-wrapped Jack Daniel's.”

The item is a bourbon-infused churro wrapped in bacon and barbecued, then served with maple syrup and whipped cream. It’s hard to say whether it is breakfast, lunch or desert, but that doesn’t matter, because this is fair food.

I did

Had 2 today. Worth a try.

RIP

Bf0f9uJ.jpg

tru haha

guess they do have it here.. may or may not peep. more likely to, if its the same one with spicy chicken & not some weakass version. lol whys this shit on huffington post? lame

RIP.. was that full & someone left it there?

fair food is cool, but its mostly just people deep frying something like five times over, covering it in something sweet, then most likely deep frying it again. fried pepsi? nah. that shit would taste alright without the whipped cream, though

guess they do have it here[/url].. may or may not peep. more likely to, if its the same one with spicy chicken & not some weakass version. lol whys this shit on huffington post? lame

RIP.. was that full & someone left it there?

Truth. Won't claim it's anything life changing, but it's definitely not bad at all. Actually wasn't aware of the ground beef version.

Fluffington post

Nah two empty ones with all the burger and fries wrappers strewn about.

From popeye's the other day. I forgot what was supposed to be so special about the wings.

tlT793E.jpg

I think they were supposed to be spicy but they weren't.

Overall they were ok, but popeye's has some good ass fries and biscuits.

• 4 weeks later...

Once you eat here, you don't want to go back to Subway again:

43532.jpg

Just fresher ingredients, better meats and breads. It's like mom-and-pop deli quality even though it's a chain.

Like if you were to order a cheesesteak at Subway, it'll be some prepackaged "meat" that was frozen that they'll throw in the microwave. Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks actually has raw thin-sliced steaks that they throw on a grill and chop up and cook and grill the onions with it. The vegetables & meats always come from local farms too to be fresher. They just recently started expanding in my area.

speaking of sanwiches, has anyone eaten at earl of sandwich?

im going to vegas soon, and want to try it out.....worth it?....not worth it?

i usually check yelp out before trying something new and this place got 4 and a half stars from the 3,675 people that reviewed it.