you know who's fucking rap? aboriginees, that's who.

seeking

im not so much 'neglecting' facts, as i really just have absolutely no fucking clue what i'm talking about. haha. i just watched 'the proposition' last night, and it made me some instant authority on the plight of the aboriginees. i just figured that if they were getting screwed over a hundred years ago, they were for sure still getting screwed over, and i wanted to do what i could to help stop that. opening up a smoothie stand, and teaching them about the fashion is just the first step. i'll also eventually do things like help them to draw better, teach them about ebay and other things i find usefull.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But there you go. You are essentially admitting you have had no day to day contact with them which I have had over the past 20 years.

They are skilled artists, and a relative of mine has over a half million $ of aboriginal artwork/artifacts in his collection.

If you read any of my posts, you will see that I am all for them, I just hate the ones (white or black) who take advantage of the system that is designed to help them contribute to society.

And the people I play ball with are my friends for who they are as individuals, not just because they play sport. For example, one of these guys is a lawyer, so to say that opportunity doesn't apply equally to them is stupid.

At the end of the day, it is up to the individual as to what decisions they make. Regardless of colour/race, if your upbringing was shit why should you blame that for your current situation? Shouldn't it be an impetus to get out there and make yourself better?

That is all I have to say in this thread, so consider me a racist or whatever, if you had experienced some of the things I have, you would see I do have some valid points.

you probably dont, but if want to know how it all started and came to be, read Inga Clendinnen's history 'Dancing with Strangers'.

I cannot emphasis enough how good this book is. I feel like a tryhard recommending history but fuck it. that book is the tits

nick cave is also the tits. There needs to be more Australian movie set in the 19th century

But there you go. You are essentially admitting you have had no day to day contact with them which I have had over the past 20 years.

no day to day contact? i live on the other side of the fucking world, dude. i know absolutely nothing about them other than what i learned last night watching the special features on the proposition. ha.

i do however know that someone who lives in an environement where the adults are all ignorant has a slim to none chance of being anything greater than that themselves. theoretically it is possible, but in practice, it's not very likely. in situations like those, i blame society for putting them at such a disadvantage, not the individual who doesnt know any better. for lack of a better example, and at the risk of being insulting, it's like finding a wild dog and expecting it to behave as a house dog would. without a shit load of reconditioning, it's just not possible. it goes against the very notion of 'survival' which is where these people have existed for the last hundred years.

mostly we're on the same page, im just a little more sympathetic to the obstacles that people need to overcome.

if im ever a billionaire, im gonna start an organization that helps out the aboriginees. it's gonna be awesome, i cant wait.

I'm a multi-millionaire.

no joke.

but I aint helping no-one.

the indugeonous(sp?) people of aus. are like every other native group that came into contact with europeans, as in they got fucked over.

it's harsh but it's reality, europeans dominate the world because of our empirical nature.

Funniest thing was when some came in asking me to let them off a dollar for a cask of wine at 9:30am, on a Tuesday morning.

I don't let them off.

Outside they go, harassing everybody who walks past, until they can come back in. (Note:it is illegal to beg for money outside a licensed premises in Aus)

They come back in, and instead of the using the change to pay for the $8 cask, they give me a $50 which they pulled from their sock.

I mean, who would give someone some money out the front of the liquor store, knowing what it is going to be spent on?

Fast forward to 12:35PM, and the said cask is gone, and they repeat the asking to be let off $1 routine. Once this happens on a daily basis for a couple of years, you would also wonder where your tax $ are going.

The funniest thing I have seen lately was when we were at the beach on Saturday, we were about to leave and then the car parked in front of us, there was a aboriginal couple having an arguement, that lead to the back seat, with the guy delivering a beatdown that was half obscured by the seats. As it was none of our business, and being from the 6112, we knew that to leave them be and enjoy the floorshow was the only possible thing to do.

I haven't seen anythign like that for nearly 10 years now, since I stopped catching the train due to the procurement of a car and licence.

mauler is a product of the media.....

I read this mad article/interview with david gulpilil, it was so awesome it could make the continent of north america explode and turn into nothing but desert, kind of like the saudi desert. true, i kid you not, you wish i did though.

no but seriously, it's very hard to break away from your surroundings and especially for a 'black' 'aboriginal' who doesnt have the greatest of english skills and is outcast in society because of how the media depicts them.

aboriginals are awesome, much like anybody who isnt a tight assed european. anybody who comes from a mixed background would agree with me, and if you dont you probably missed out. bad luck.

so much ignorance in this thread its amazing.

its a really fucked situation that we, sadly, have as much chance at changing as yanks do with the whole bush thing. aint gonna happen anytime soon. there are so many good aboriginal people out there its not funny, and it doesnt matter how many shit ones ive come across ive actually encountered a hell of a lot more shitcunt whiteys in this city. the lower class of scumsville doesnt discriminate here.

why the fucks that a problem? let them live in shacks and hunt. how's that hurting you? they live in the hottest shit in the universe. white people dont want to live there anyway.

man, yall's some dicks.[/quote

It becomes a problem when they want to do it on their tribal land and their tribal land is the centre of a capital city. They don't just live in the desert. They covered the whole country when whites got here.

I'm all about helping aboriginals and creating an equal society but to be honest, they're not.

It seems our blacks don't have the get up and go that yours do.

Quotable of the fucking decade.

I got asked for $20 the other day. I thought it was a bit rude. I bought him a beer instead.

About a month ago now i was walking to a bottleshop near my house and from down the street could see this man (who happened to be aboriginal) standing on the path outside the bottleshop and yelling. As i got closer i heard the guy more clearly, "alright come on, one millllion dollars. Has anybody got a million buck ya can give me". I checked what the guy was drinking (johnny red and cola) and got him one while i was inside. I gave it to him and told him a request for a million dollars was so fucking awesome that i was pissed off i didnt have a million dollars to give so i got him a bevvy instead. Ended up boozing with him for about an hour while he explained how to hunt wild pigs(boars) with just a knife. Trick them to run into trees. Guy was a fucking king in my books. Grizzzzzled as they come.

I rambled but i think its worth reading.

Ps he called himself uncle nev and told us we could drop his name if we were in any trouble with rough cunts in the area. And some of his "nieces" offered some reaaaal cheap phones to us as they got off the tram and greeted uncle nev.

ha what a thread

Yes it is a problem in Aus. and it probalbly always will be, the government is never going to say sorry and a majority of the white people are going to think all there good for is living on the dole and being dreadful alcoholics.

It probalbly never will change unless there there is some radical idea that no-one has ever thought of and it gets put into effect and the government will actually go along with it.

It's not going to happen it's a fact end of story.

So now my idea of developing a 'one system for all' welfare strategy seems to be gaining momentum!!!

What a radical idea that is eh? At least I have an education that will lead to me working in the government in the middle of next year. Small steps will lead to a big change.

Fuck this rain and thunder that has just started.

One system for all, so is this your idea of a government structure explained in your masters thesis, or some bullshit you wrote up on a saturday evening? Seriously, let's re-think the whole pseudo intelligence shit mauler, you need to reconsider what you are saying boyo.