home brew kits

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind. First of all it's super hard to continually get ahold of 54 bottles that are pop top. Then you have to remember to have a huge supply of caps.

Usually we kept somewhere around 150 bottles. 25 of those being pints or larger if we could find them. The cork tops are good too.

It's seriously a lot of work. You have to keep the brew in a dark spot, you have to clean the carboys obviously, and they're an odd shape which makes it hard. Mashing sucks...

It just goes on, but it's fun to have a brew party with a bunch of friends, it makes it tons easier, 5 gallons of boiling water is hard to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Kits are not where it's at. Cheaper and more fun to just buy the ingredients. Also you don't need to buy bottles separately. Just continually drink pop off tops till you have enough to brew. Saves money and you get to feel like you're accomplishing something buy drinking 6 packs every night.

Don't forget to clean the shit out of those bottles and get a bottle drier too. Cracking open a bottle of beer you brewed yourself and getting a mouth full of mold isn't the best experience. It's almost bound to happen at least once before you really get the point.

IPAs are fun and easy to make, and you can never add too many hops, it's awesome.

Anyway, my two cents...

Merry Christmas.

Kits are not where it's at. Cheaper and more fun to just buy the ingredients. Also you don't need to buy bottles separately. Just continually drink pop off tops till you have enough to brew. Saves money and you get to feel like you're accomplishing something buy drinking 6 packs every night.

Don't forget to clean the shit out of those bottles and get a bottle drier too. Cracking open a bottle of beer you brewed yourself and getting a mouth full of mold isn't the best experience. It's almost bound to happen at least once before you really get the point.

IPAs are fun and easy to make, and you can never add too many hops, it's awesome.

Anyway, my two cents...

Merry Christmas.

the kits are just buckets, hoses, etc. the stuff you do need.

the mixes are hops, yeast, sugar.

i got enough to get started. once i get the hang of it, i'll brew

my own blend. probably a porter or lager.

thanks for the info.

symbols: thanks for the link. does he brew his own?