Carrying paint, harnesses, bags, etc..

OTD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't help, why are you posting in a forum marked Graff tips, techniques, and advice.?

If you have no help or advice to contribute, why post? To boost your already prodigious postcount? Or to just boost your ego by hating on people who want to learn?

prodigious? is that a word from digimon?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think ive heard it b4 aahahahahhahah!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use a messanger bag and that harness thingy you would have to make yourself. But Army jackets work pretty well if holding a few cans so will a snowboarding jacket but make sure it chilly outside. I think a skateboarding backpack could work it holds a lot of cans and make sure to warp your cans with a thick longsleeve shirt to stop the rattling and put the skateboard on the straps to fool the pigs. These are thoeries so don't bitch at me just think about it or test it out next time you go out and bomb shit...

• 3 weeks later...

Making a harness

1. Take a belt

2. Sew some elastic material on it in a circular form, so your cans will fit

3. Put your cans in

4. Burn the whole lot

5. Pick up your pencil

6. Start sketching

This is the only advice i've got. When your ready for painting, you'll notice it.

it seems like otd is at least 25 and decided that after playing getting up its time to do graffiti now.

but i could be wrong.

and like the guy a few posts up said, they already make can holders that slip over your belt, depending on your waist size you could cop enough of those to hold 20+ cans easy.

plus, you will jingle when you walk through the hood.

and what do you mean by "if people like that reall exist" about grand theft auto?

come over to some american ghettos and see whats up, gangsters are REAL

(no im not claiming i am one, but that was a dumb fucking thing to say regardless)

http://www.ebay.com

http://www.google.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pop-can-bottle-holder_W0QQitemZ260048907284QQihZ016QQcategoryZ19257QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

^here, i started you off. this can holder could be attached to your beltline im sure, and i bet it fits your style.

now please, feel free to post in reply to this and call me a closet case, a toy, and all the other shit you want to. especially toy, because i really care what some faggot in scotland thinks, from the flicks ive seen, there is nothing BUT toys in scotland.

save the environment, find a better hobby asshole.

• 3 weeks later...

ha ha be serious mate...nothing but toys in scotland, i seen some mean writers come from scotland.

right if im going out to dub say 2 to 3 cans i put them in my pants, between my waistline and stomach and this is the technique every one up here seems to use, for pieces i just use a cotton carrier bag styled bag, and i park pretty close to spot thats getting done, and if im gonna have to wander the streets for a bit i use a general back pack ;)

it seems like otd is at least 25 and decided that after playing getting up its time to do graffiti now.

but i could be wrong.

and like the guy a few posts up said, they already make can holders that slip over your belt, depending on your waist size you could cop enough of those to hold 20+ cans easy.

plus, you will jingle when you walk through the hood.

and what do you mean by "if people like that reall exist" about grand theft auto?

come over to some american ghettos and see whats up, gangsters are REAL

(no im not claiming i am one, but that was a dumb fucking thing to say regardless)

^here, i started you off. this can holder could be attached to your beltline im sure, and i bet it fits your style.

now please, feel free to post in reply to this and call me a closet case, a toy, and all the other shit you want to. especially toy, because i really care what some faggot in scotland thinks, from the flicks ive seen, there is nothing BUT toys in scotland.

save the environment, find a better hobby asshole.

usually i carry a backpack, but i put a jacket in forst to wrap my cans in so they dont rattle around.

i also take a messenger bag depedning on what im doing that night/day.

actually, my jacket has this on pocket on the inside near the chest that is for a CD player or somthin', but it fits a single can PERFECTLY so if im tagging, i just wear that.

Can't believe nobody posted this yet! (right side, couldn't find a better image)

m4.jpeg

And to the original poster, if you can't see how your wording was an invitation to mockery, well, have a fun life being the guy who's always mad that people are always making fun of him.

As I mentioned in one of the post here, when I'd discussed it a bit, I wouldn't wear a hoody (hell, in many places in the UK it's virtually illegal to do so!), I'd wear a duffel coat or similar.

If you're out at 3am in this part of the world, it's godsdamned cold, so to be wearing a bulky coat with layers underneath is pretty normal.

However, you raise a valid point about dropping it. I'm just wondering whether I'd realistically drop a bag if I had one. It'd probably be easy to run with a harness on if it was well made.

I'm thinking though that a harness would possibly be a good way to avoid having to run unless you were actually caught red-handed. What do you reckon?

alright im going to try and help you here cos most people seem intent on hating.

right so your up in chilly scotland, im down on the chilly south coast so i feel you on the duffel coat thing..

its always going to be hard with regards to bags. i went through a stage of paranoia where i thought that if i went out with a bag full of paint late at night i would get stopped and searched. gradually im realising that its not neccessairly the case - have a look next time your out late and see how many people are walking around with bags, suitcases, handbags etc. its normal to have to carry things around with you.

just try to blend in and look normal. a plain black rucksack would be fine.

to the ppl saying "just carry your paint in your hoody pocket" - what on earth?

its really really difficult carrying 6 + cans in a space designed for you to place your hands.

then try running.

the easiset thing ive found is to get a plastic bag (pref. not one of those weak as fuck supermarket or corner shop ones) and put your paint inside one of those boxes inside the bag. the box keeps the paint from rattling and also helps to look like your just carrying beers or something.

hope this has helped.

i think something like that would be helpful for crazy retarded spots, like shit you can't climb and wear a back pack comfortably, but for street use 2 shopping bags is good biz.

2 shopping bags, you say? why not just 1? because you want to have layered protection in case the bag rips and so people (i.e. cops) can't see through it when passing you.

• 2 weeks later...
"Having played Marc Ecko's Getting Up, I found..."

Wow, get the fuck outta here with that.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT. truest words ever said.hahaha playing marc eckos game...youve gotta be kiddin me, lemme guess your tryin to put paint in your super savage OTR flowpen too huh? put some coffee in that and itll drip super flow style.

this is what i do, take it if you want, wear a collard shirt and a messenger bag, if you walking around people wont even havethe mind set to look at you, because youll naturally know where your going, it fits mad paint, and is wayyyy more accesable then a backpack

I've been away for a while, not anywhere else, just not on here, mainly because this place has a pretty bad signal to noise ratio. There's some good tips, but the amount of people wanting to hate on others for no real reason other than boredom makes it more hassle than it's worth.

I notice finally some people have actually considered the question seriously, rather than just writing the idea off completely, which is nice to see. I assure you, the amount we wrap up warm during the winter here means that hiding four cans under a jacket wouldn't be a problem.

I don't like carrying a backpack. It means whenever I want paint I've got to take the damn thing off, reach in between the hoody inside it (to keep the cans quiet) and find the paint I'm looking for. Not so smooth.

I also wonder whether you guys remember my ideas about pringles cans, the ones people shouted at me about because I was overcomplicating things.

I tried it out the other day, my paint cans fit perfectly in pringles cans, which also means you could butcher a couple of cans into four segments, duct tape them together and voila, you've got a cheap way of keeping the cans apart in your bag, whilst keeping them close together for easy access.

OTD is still on this site really. I thought the shame of being put down by an entire thread would have gotten to him. stevesparsucksgasm You might be on to something but I assure you otd is old enough for retirement.

What shame? Why would I be ashamed of asking an honest question, in the correct section, no less?

I may be a toy in my writing, but that doesn't mean I'm scared of you guys. Maybe if I was with you in person, sure, you'd kick my ass, but I'm not and I know that. Perhaps you should too.

I'm in my twenties, don'tsleep34. Perhaps how I type misleads you, time to stop making unfounded assumptions.