Carrying paint, harnesses, bags, etc..

OTD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grab one of those foam cup holder things from mc donalds... put 4 cans in it... wrap it in a towel and put it in a bag... reach in.. grab... paint... put back... harnesses look cool if your like 12 and getting dressed for halloween. i think theyre cool, but not really practical or smart

• 2 weeks later...

ok heres a cheap effective idea

go to a shoe store or target, wallmart

buy or rack a shoe bagNIK_t90_shoebag.jpg

then before you go out, either rap your cans in a old shirt or cloth, or line the inside of the bag with the old shirt (this makes it less obvious you got paint)

thats it,

their cheap (or free =)), lightwiefght, and not a hassle to ditch if you need to

This is one hell of a toyish question, I'm sure, but I've not been able to find anything on the matter having both googled it and searched this forum.

Some of you recommend carrying paint in disposable bags that can easily be ditched if necessary, others recommend messenger bags, backpacks, etc..

Having played Marc Ecko's Getting Up, I found the protaganist's harness a rather interesting idea. I wouldn't want one quite so godsdamned obvious, but I was thinking, what if you had a harness holding four to eight cans tight to your chest and then wore either a baggy hoody over the top or some sort of baggy jacket (like a duffel coat).

What do you think of this idea, has it been tried? Am I just talking out of my toy ass?

Sometimes the only way to find out is asking, so I'll let you guys answer.

:five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o:

what kind of writer calls themself a toy and uses the word protagonist??definantly a cop..

besides this being a harmless question..

my fav for going to the yard.. zzzzzzzzzzzzz5ki6.jpg

i love this quote "there are some toys in farmers branch(that place is the suburb's suburbs) and they are having beef for the name trane. "oh shit, trane crossed trane out and tagged trane."

This is one hell of a toyish question, I'm sure, but I've not been able to find anything on the matter having both googled it and searched this forum.

Some of you recommend carrying paint in disposable bags that can easily be ditched if necessary, others recommend messenger bags, backpacks, etc..

Having played Marc Ecko's Getting Up, I found the protaganist's harness a rather interesting idea. I wouldn't want one quite so godsdamned obvious, but I was thinking, what if you had a harness holding four to eight cans tight to your chest and then wore either a baggy hoody over the top or some sort of baggy jacket (like a duffel coat).

What do you think of this idea, has it been tried? Am I just talking out of my toy ass?

Sometimes the only way to find out is asking, so I'll let you guys answer.

believe me do not worry about cans yet if you started writing because of the game getting up...youll probably just walk around town all night too afraid to get up or you might catch a couple of spots and tell your whole school and get snitched and snitch on yourself when you get questioned and be on probation and wish you never started tagging because youd rather be smoking weed,and you dont like being watched as you pee into a cup and when you get off youll never tag again...believe me ive see this happen to plenty of people....so in other words dont even tag on the streets until your pretty good...or better yet dont even tag...

I think the harness would be a cool idea if your doing a permission wall and people are watching you.. it might make you loook cool lol.. but walking around with a harness on would probably make you feel like a super hero and you might want to expose the mayor of corruption and fight cops in heavy armor... ooo did I mention get hit by a train and come back to life?

believe me do not worry about cans yet if you started writing because of the game getting up...youll probably just walk around town all night too afraid to get up or you might catch a couple of spots and tell your whole school and get snitched and snitch on yourself when you get questioned and be on probation and wish you never started tagging because youd rather be smoking weed,and you dont like being watched as you pee into a cup and when you get off youll never tag again...believe me ive see this happen to plenty of people....so in other words dont even tag on the streets until your pretty good...or better yet dont even tag...

You know, it's pretty fucking funny how arrogant some of you guys are. You're all telling me why I can't do stuff, like I'm twelve years old.

I didn't start writing because of Getting Up, numbskull. I happen to have liked a game, I don't recall that being something you can give someone shit about, but hey, I guess you need to find something to bitch at me about. Gotta hate on someone, make yourself feel like a big man, it's okay, I understand.

As for the guy that said I'm a cop - I know you're used to a standard of English that's comparable with pre-school, but that is no reason for me to limit myself to words of less than three syllables. If I was a cop I'd be trying to fit in, wouldn't I? Genius.

Anyways, regardless of all the hate you guys have tried to throw at me, I've just assembled a simple can harness. It's cheap to make and can be thrown together in about ten minutes from materials that are really easy to get. It's also really quiet, as it separates out the cans, although I'm going to see about getting hold of some magnets to stick to the bottom to hold down the mixer balls.

I've designed the strap to be strong enough to hold the paint, but also really simple to pull a tab and release at a moment's notice. Furthermore, it actually fits really well under my jacket without being obvious at all, so it should be fine for my winter coat.

If I was out, I'd probably carry a rucksack too, stick a couple of playstation games and a few beers in there - instant allibi - I'm on my way to a friend's place for some late night gaming.

Hate all you like, call me names or whatever, it's all you can do to me.

Or you could come up with some useful criticism.

You know, it's pretty fucking funny how arrogant some of you guys are. You're all telling me why I can't do stuff, like I'm twelve years old.

I didn't start writing because of Getting Up, numbskull. I happen to have liked a game, I don't recall that being something you can give someone shit about, but hey, I guess you need to find something to bitch at me about. Gotta hate on someone, make yourself feel like a big man, it's okay, I understand.

As for the guy that said I'm a cop - I know you're used to a standard of English that's comparable with pre-school, but that is no reason for me to limit myself to words of less than three syllables. If I was a cop I'd be trying to fit in, wouldn't I? Genius.

Anyways, regardless of all the hate you guys have tried to throw at me, I've just assembled a simple can harness. It's cheap to make and can be thrown together in about ten minutes from materials that are really easy to get. It's also really quiet, as it separates out the cans, although I'm going to see about getting hold of some magnets to stick to the bottom to hold down the mixer balls.

I've designed the strap to be strong enough to hold the paint, but also really simple to pull a tab and release at a moment's notice. Furthermore, it actually fits really well under my jacket without being obvious at all, so it should be fine for my winter coat.

If I was out, I'd probably carry a rucksack too, stick a couple of playstation games and a few beers in there - instant allibi - I'm on my way to a friend's place for some late night gaming.

Hate all you like, call me names or whatever, it's all you can do to me.

Or you could come up with some useful criticism.

Flix? Tutorial?

I've taken the pics for a tutorial, but I can't be bothered to resize them and type it up this evening.

The current version holds four cans, two on each side, but I imagine you could probably adapt it to hold three on each side without too much difficulty. It separates the cans out enough so they don't bang together, but also keeps them tightly enough together so they don't take up too much space.

Due to the design as well, you can tip them very far over and the cans don't fall out. They're not perfect, but they feel much better on me than when I wear a backpack. Tutorial coming soon, I'll probably have time tomorrow, depending if anything comes up.

Right, here we go, a tutorial for a simple can harness:

You will need:

• An empty pringles can
  • A pair of old socks, fairly small for preference
  • A stanley knife/cutting implement
  • A tape measure/30cm ruler
  • A marker of some sort
  • A roll of duct tape
  • A length of rag (mine was about 90cm long)

stuffip9.jpg

First off, take the pringles can and measure it. Figure out the half-way point and mark it with a few points around the can, then join them up to form a fairly straight line, once you've done that, just cut along the line.

measuringyv9.jpg

markedcanfk0.jpg slicedcanshh2.jpg

It helps if you've got the lid, but it's not essential, as you can just tape up the bottom to fix that. Take the end with the metal bottom and push the sock into it, toe first. Then, when it's mostly in, fold over the top of the sock and bring it down the sides. Bring it so it covers the bottom a bit, I let mine cover about 1cm or so of the base all the way around

sockstuffsq3.jpg sockcanbu2.jpg

You should now be able to fit a normal 400ml can in there easily. It should fit snugly, making it easy to pull out, but also tight enough that it doesn't fall out if you tip it over. Next, take some duct tape and tape all the way around, nice and tight. That way the sock is unlikely to slip off.

sockmtnke9.jpg tapedsockcanby0.jpg

By this time I'd found the lid to the can, so I taped it up securely. Then I did the same to the second as I did the first.

tapedsecondcangc4.jpg

Line the two holders up, side by side and then tape around the bottom with a couple of pieces of duct tape, then do the same on the top.

twosockedcansfx3.jpg

cans1stjoinzu2.jpg cans2ndjoinnc3.jpg

Next, take a long piece of tape and either thread it under the tape you put on the two cans before, or stick it on in two pieces, so you've got two sticky pieces at the top of your can holsters, able to bite onto the length of rag:

canslongtapebitsp0.jpg

side1firstjoinas1.jpg side1secondjoinae7.jpg

On the other side, it's slightly different. Instead of biting onto the rag, you want to create a wide duct tape tab:

side2onevr6.jpg side2twote5.jpg

To grip onto this tab, you're going to make a small sticky tab at the end of the rag. Not too big, or it'll stick too tightly and be difficult to remove (unless of course you want it to be one piece, in which case you can just do the second side like the first).

stickytab1uy5.jpg stickytab3dk4.jpg

A few final touches – I widened the contact area for the sticky tab and reinforced the bottom of the cans with a couple of bits of tape:

finalmodificationsjv8.jpg

You can then hang these on your shoulders, one each side. Unless you're really puny, you should be able to wear a jacket over these and it shouldn't show unless you open it up wide.

To remove them in a hurry, just pull on the wide contact tab and it should come loose and drop off you, allowing you to ditch them quickly.

I'll have to post some pics of what they look like when worn, they fit under most jackets, unless the jacket is a tight one. I can wear it under my hoody jacket, my leather jacket and bigger coats too, they're not particularly obvious at all.

I was trying one of them out earlier and was surprised that I virtually never heard the paint balls move at all, whilst walking around normally at least.